Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I bought 1" foam rolls to use when I put the bikes in the back of the Brera along with a top plastic sheet which is 2m x 2m, when all is said and done...i just roll them all up and its takes minimal room in the back when not used. Just a cheap solution really but works great.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It's not my daily driver but here's my '85 Brat

Still has the seats in the back too

mtbr member
    Wow thats cool...like a ride you pay to go on at the show, nice.

Your neighbour must be a real patriot in the extreme though...?

mtbr member
    02 WRX and 08 FSXT....

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim2u
    Wow thats cool...like a ride you pay to go on at the show, nice.

Your neighbour must be a real patriot in the extreme though...?
    Assuming you mean me. Actually he seemed kind of hippie-like. He was always out playing his guitar on the sidewalk. We actually only lived in that house for a year (rental) & I never really talked to the neighbors much. The Jeep was mine (gone now, miss it but not the mpg) and the Sport Trac & Fiat were my roomates.

mtbr member

04 WRX wagon

Can haul bikes and gear in a hurry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Puke already..... we still have a long way to climb

Barely awake in Marin
    No pix, apologies OP, but I'm still rolling in a 2000 Subaru Impreza L (5d wagon, sans the Outback sportiness). Always been a bit disappointed in the gas mileage, even with the smaller 2.0L engine; I dropped it off at the dealership fa 90K-mile tuneup and saw the '08 Outback Sport has practically the same mileage, 8 years later.

However, it's been so badly abused and comes back for more. I've had a few electronic switches replaced, and the rear bearings did need replacement this week, but no major problems. The driver's side window is getting noisy at speed as the rubber seals unseat, too. But all minor quibbles; the engine runs great and it's never left me stranded anywhere. Not the sexiest of wheels, but I love it.

mtbr member

Another Subaru owner here

No pics yet, but I bought an 07' Impreza 2.5i wagon last March. Just passed 20K miles on it. I actually bought the factory bike rack (rebranded Yakima Raptor) for mine and the fiancee's bikes. I've actually been able to put both of them in the back of the car with the seats folded down on several occasions as well. I love my car - it gets decent gas mileage (27-28 mpg highway), is great during the winter, and can haul camping gear, bikes, and music equipment (amps/guitars) with ease.

You can also find me on NASIOC.com.
    [SIZE=1]It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock n' roll...[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Use to have an 04 wrx. Would like to pick up a forester xt in the future.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXx_BoOsT
    02 WRX and 08 FSXT....
    pics of one of my money pits...

mtbr member
    cool...yeah i was simply looking at the huge American flag dangling from the side of his house and just made an assumption really. I really am none too sure, but thesedays is the culture of hanging flags still predominant in the suburbs at all>>>? BTW, that jeep you used to have, man I love those cars...VERY tough, pity you sold it though.

Quote Originally Posted by shortbus901
    Assuming you mean me. Actually he seemed kind of hippie-like. He was always out playing his guitar on the sidewalk. We actually only lived in that house for a year (rental) & I never really talked to the neighbors much. The Jeep was mine (gone now, miss it but not the mpg) and the Sport Trac & Fiat were my roomates.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    2004 WRX wagon. Love it. Has an OEM towbar for a T2 rack that I use.

Ive got an 04 WRX wagon in blue....love it.....well not now with gas being 2.15

user-created
    Just got a 2002 RS.

Graphic Designer
    I've got a 96 outback...was throwing the bikes in the back but got a rear rack. The top rack was too much on the MPG to make it worth it...

Master of None
    It gets the job done.

Master of None
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbus901
    It's not my daily driver but here's my '85 Brat
    That's a nice Brat! So clean.

Graphic Designer

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim2u
    cool...yeah i was simply looking at the huge American flag dangling from the side of his house and just made an assumption really. I really am none too sure, but thesedays is the culture of hanging flags still predominant in the suburbs at all>>>? BTW, that jeep you used to have, man I love those cars...VERY tough, pity you sold it though.
    Not too predominant but I am in the South, if it's not the stars & stripes it's the stars & bars

I do miss the Jeep but looking back I'm glad I got out of it while gas was still < $2 & it was still worth something.

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by presslab
    It gets the job done.
    Nice Ru! Is it a dual range with the center locker?

Master of None
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Nice Ru! Is it a dual range with the center locker?
    Thanks! It is actually the 4EAT; I think it is the first year for it. It has an electronic locking center diff with a manual pushbutton override, and a LSD in the rear. One of my many pending projects is making a paddle shifter for it.

mtbr member
    If you have a Subaru Outback wth a Uhaul trailer hitch, you may find that your bike rack doesnt allow you to open the hatch without touching your bikes. Go to E-trailer.com they have a 6 and 10 inch hitch extention that is inexpensive and looks OEM...it works like a champ...basically it extends the rack out.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by pcupach
    If you have a Subaru Outback wth a Uhaul trailer hitch, you may find that your bike rack doesnt allow you to open the hatch without touching your bikes. Go to E-trailer.com they have a 6 and 10 inch hitch extention that is inexpensive and looks OEM...it works like a champ...basically it extends the rack out.
    If you have T2 you can tilt the entire rack down to get into the rear, without having to extend it (which is bad for the approach-angle clearance). Those extentions are increasing the leverage on the entire system as well, so my advice would be to avoid them if at all possible. I realize some people will need and use them, but with the right rack is not an issue and there are some negatives with the extention.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

So is your face

2008 Outback

Here's my new bike hauler that I just got two weeks ago.

The rear 3/4 pose.
    IMG_0251.jpg

Mmmm, new car smell.
    IMG_0257sml.jpg

The front 3/4 pose.
    IMG_0253sml.jpg

It's environmental.
    IMG_0249sml.jpg

And, it's been Pushed.
    IMG_0248sml.jpg
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    That is the same car minus the PZE I just got last week. Just put the first tank of gas today. 310 miles with 15 gallons = 20.67mpg

I wanted QSM, the wife wanted black, so I got the DGM, and went with the rear 5 windows tinted (20%) and sunroof to keep the sun off of my head.

The roof rack scares me cause I know that I will forget. If I angle the front tire back I can slip the whole bike into the back. A hitch rack will be a $500 investment, maybe this winter when the bike is sloppy.

Good Luck-

Rob

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloid hero
    Here's my new bike hauler that I just got two weeks ago.

And, it's been Pushed.
    My Outback rear suspension is getting tired, now that I know Push can work on Subies...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast