Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 2781
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker662 View Post
    Does a Saabaru count?

Just installed Impreza roof rails and bars with bike racks
    Nice, I drive an 05 Saabaru, same Arctic Silver, no Sport Package, with a Stage 2 on it.
    konahonzo

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    ^^ Wish I had a sunroof in my 02 WRX wagon. It's probably the only thing I want.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Nice, I drive an 05 Saabaru, same Arctic Silver, no Sport Package, with a Stage 2 on it.
    Nice! Always good to see other 92x drivers.

I love mine. I've got the Sport and Cold Weather Packages, but besides that it is bone stock except for the Subaru roof rails. It's a blast to drive, and is on the unique side.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    ^^ Wish I had a sunroof in my 02 WRX wagon. It's probably the only thing I want.
    Have you ever seen the OEM Subaru Impreza sunroof? It's tiny and takes up a lot of headroom.
    konahonzo

b a n n e d
    Have you ever seen the OEM Subaru Impreza sunroof? It's tiny and takes up a lot of headroom.
    Not the new ones . . .
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Not the new ones . . .
    Referring to 2002-2007 roofs.
    konahonzo

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Nope, I never actually sat in one with a sunroof.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

12 wrx base hatch

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I want to soon join the Subaru club.

I <3 dirt
    I'm sorry

mtbr member
    I want to own a Subaru soon. I am currently looking at Outbacks. I saw an Impreza Outback and still wishing...

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    I'm sorry
    If you hate Subaru so much why do you hang out in this thread?

I <3 dirt
    Because I own a Subaru bro!

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Because I own a Subaru bro!
    Well in that case, why do you own a Subaru if you hate them so much?

I <3 dirt
    Because its paid off and it hauls around my **** decently.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I just recently got a slightly used 2010 Legacy 2.5GT. It's got a catback exhaust and the Cobb Tuning Stage 1 AccessPort. Get's up and goes and looks pretty good with a bike rack too. So far been really enjoying it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have an '06 Tribeca now. Those '06/07's have a love it or hate it front end. I love it. Totally unique.

Used to have an '05 WRX wagon w/ VF39 and other goodies. I miss it.

Ska
    Steel is real.
    My Forester.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else here drives a Subaru?-forester1p.jpg  

Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

mtbr member
    I love my Fozzy....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else here drives a Subaru?-imag0052.jpg  

Who else here drives a Subaru?-imag0054.jpg  

A person who never made a mistake,
    never tried anything new..... Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I have squeezed my road bike in the back seat of this one but for mountain biking my 05 Impreza RS hatch does the trick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else here drives a Subaru?-459354_10150831203610259_609040258_12132746_1103423228_o.jpg  

O8 Giant Trance X 2
    O7 Kona Kula

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    ^^ It's a pain for me to cram my 29er in my 02 wagon. What size is your MTB frame?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    It's tough getting my 29er (large) into my 09 STI. Bought a roof rack keeping the front tire on, through axel is a pain. This way I also keep the inside clean after the ride too.

I <3 dirt
    ^^ It's a pain for me to cram my 29er in my 02 wagon. What size is your MTB frame?
    This is why I bought a Thule t2 hitch rack. My 19" 29er fits in my 04 wagon but I've got too move the passenger seat up a few clicks to clear my fork.

Plus putting a dirty mtb in your car sucks after a ride.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    This is why I bought a Thule t2 hitch rack. My 19" 29er fits in my 04 wagon but I've got too move the passenger seat up a few clicks to clear my fork.

Plus putting a dirty mtb in your car sucks after a ride.
    I've got two fork-mount roof racks and throwing the bike up and taking it down is getting old quick. Plus, taking off the front wheel and putting it back on isn't difficult, but again tiresome. I already use the rack for snowboards so it's there anyways.

I <3 dirt
    I use the factory load bars for my snowboard rack and just take it off at the end of the season.

It was always a pain taking off the snowboard rack and putting the bike trays on. Having them separate now is way less hassle. So far I'm digging the hitch rack thing over the roof rack.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    In a few months I am about to trade in my 2003 Mazda6 which I bought new for something. My first choice is a F150 4x4. Even thought the newer engines such as the Ecoboost may average 18mpg which I think is great for a truck that size, gas prices extremely high.
    I want a awd or 4wd vehicle. I had a 1996 impreza before the mazda. I liked it but felt it was underpowered and the awd was a 90/10 split without traction control or limited slip. It was ok in the snow but not great (even with snow tires). I am hoping the newer models have a better awd system or the traction control will help it out in the snow.

Anyone know if Subaru makes or plans on making an auto WRX?

My mazda is a manual which I am tired of using in Atlanta traffic.

I <3 dirt
    You can get a legacy gt in an auto.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    You can get a legacy gt in an auto.
    I always have liked the Legacy but idk if I like the newest body style as much. Also it looks like the GT is only in 6speed manual according to Subaru's website.

Maybe the new XV crosstek.

I <3 dirt
    Ah I didn't know you wanted brand new. You could always get the 3.6L one. Looks like it comes in an auto 5 speed and still makes good power.

There have been a few automatic wrx models over the years but not many and none for the current model.

The forester xt comes in an auto as well.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    In a few months I am about to trade in my 2003 Mazda6 which I bought new for something. My first choice is a F150 4x4. Even thought the newer engines such as the Ecoboost may average 18mpg which I think is great for a truck that size, gas prices extremely high.
    I want a awd or 4wd vehicle. I had a 1996 impreza before the mazda. I liked it but felt it was underpowered and the awd was a 90/10 split without traction control or limited slip. It was ok in the snow but not great (even with snow tires). I am hoping the newer models have a better awd system or the traction control will help it out in the snow.

You don't want an auto-wrx or auto-forester XT. They've only offered the 4spd autos and they are just terrible, poor economy, poor acceleration due to not being able to control turbo lag as well, etc. There are better cars to buy with auto-transmissions if you want an AWD car. I've driven auto and manual subarus, and the autos in the legacy platform are relatively ok, but in the wrx and fXT, just not worth it. Some cars lend themselves fine to autos, the wrx and fXT do not.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post

I just traded in a 2004 Mazda 6 on a slightly used 2010 Legacy GT and very happy I did it. The LGT was a big upgrade, more roomy, nice all around and tons of power. I wanted the manual so went with the GT, but if you want an auto you can get the 6cyl engine in the legacy with an auto and it's nearly as powerful. Mine with light duty winter(more of an all season) tire was great in the snow, had to try to make it lose traction. If you get that car with a real set of snow tires you will never have to worry about winter traction.
    2015 Trek Domane 4.5 Disc
    2015 Trek Fuel EX 8
    2015 Gravity Bullseye Monster LTD
    2012 Trek 4900
    1993 Giant Rincon

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Super excited to finally get to add to this thread. I did have a 2011 Mustang GT but am selling it because I bought a 2011 Subaru WRX STi hatch and I love it!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by csledd281 View Post
    Super excited to finally get to add to this thread. I did have a 2011 Mustang GT but am selling it because I bought a 2011 Subaru WRX STi hatch and I love it!
    Sweet. The STi is a more "practically fun" car! Mustang can't match that initial acceleration, and that's what makes things fun.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mad scientist
    Apr 2012
    i've driven nothing but subies for the last 11 years: in order of purchase

2002 WRX Wagon (drove this for 10 years and 250k miles on original clutch, motor, trans- shouldnt have sold it)
    1987 GL hatch FWD 5MT
    2005 Saabaru Wagon Aero
    1997 Legacy GT Wagon
    1999 JDM Version 5 STI GC Sedan
    2003 WRX Wagon
    (current) 1993 Legacy Sport Sedan (2.2 Turbo)

-crisco
    diagnosed subaru fan

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skylinedrive View Post
    i've driven nothing but subies for the last 11 years: in order of purchase

2002 WRX Wagon (drove this for 10 years and 250k miles on original clutch, motor, trans- shouldnt have sold it)
    1987 GL hatch FWD 5MT
    2005 Saabaru Wagon Aero
    1997 Legacy GT Wagon
    1999 JDM Version 5 STI GC Sedan
    2003 WRX Wagon
    (current) 1993 Legacy Sport Sedan (2.2 Turbo)

-crisco
    diagnosed subaru fan
    Crisco, eh? I believe we met at one of the NC Dragon meets years ago. I met you through Matt with the blue 2.5RS from Atlanta.

mad scientist
    Apr 2012
    Crisco, eh? I believe we met at one of the NC Dragon meets years ago. I met you through Matt with the blue 2.5RS from Atlanta.
    yeah that's right i was probably in the black bugeye wagon still. looks like Matt's planning on a BRZ soon - can you do a roof rack on that thing? lol

mad scientist
    Apr 2012
    Does it leak fuel on cold starts? Mine does terribly, it's the only thing pushing me to sell actually.
    mine used to but i fixed it back in '05 probably. theres a TSB for that you probably already know about - the dealers started fixing it after i already fixed mine.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    yeah that's right i was probably in the black bugeye wagon still. looks like Matt's planning on a BRZ soon - can you do a roof rack on that thing? lol
    Yup. I was in the silver bugeye wagon, I've got 07 WRX wheels now though. He sold his 2.5 to someone I'd met from Durham when we lived in Raleigh. Now we're in CO. He had a TL for a few years and just sold it and bought a Miata while waiting for the BRZ to show up.

mine used to but i fixed it back in '05 probably. theres a TSB for that you probably already know about - the dealers started fixing it after i already fixed mine.
    Yeah I know about the fix. I'm hesitant to bring my 11 year old car into the dealership for fear of every little plastic piece crumbling and them half assing the repair in general. Just too many horror stories.

mtbr member
    I'm currently looking for a used Subaru. I wanted a wagon because I have a family and the roof rails look perfect to load bikes on. But, it's kinda difficult to find a nice low mileage one in my area. I wanted a low mileage one so i can have a lower interest rate. There are some sedans that looks cool and fits the budget. My question is... can a hitch be put on any Subaru sedan?

Thanks in advance!

I <3 dirt
    Yes they make hitches for all newer Subarus. I'm assuming you're looking at imprezas? I'm running the same hitch on my 04 wrx wagon as my friends 02 wrx sedan.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Sweet. The STi is a more "practically fun" car! Mustang can't match that initial acceleration, and that's what makes things fun.
    Mustang can't hauls as much stuff, either. Especially in the snow
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Yes they make hitches for all newer Subarus. I'm assuming you're looking at imprezas? I'm running the same hitch on my 04 wrx wagon as my friends 02 wrx sedan.
    Thank you for your reply! I'm looking at '05 and above imprezas, outback wagon, or a legacy wagon.

If I may ask, how much did your hitch cost?

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post
    Thank you for your reply! I'm looking at '05 and above imprezas, outback wagon, or a legacy wagon.

Why not 04+? It's the same body style as the 05 with subtle differences.

Make sure you take a flashlight with you and inspect the rear of the motor where the cylinder heads meet the block. This is a notorious spot that will show head gasket failures. Most cars we looked at were leaking here and of course the owner was clueless.

I <3 dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebadboy View Post

$75 at advance auto. It's a curt hitch

Make sure you take a flashlight with you and inspect the rear of the motor where the cylinder heads meet the block. This is a notorious spot that will show head gasket failures. Most cars we looked at were leaking here and of course the owner was clueless.
    05 imprezas have far superior interiors compared to the 02-04. I think it's worth getting an 05+ for the interior alone

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    05 imprezas have far superior interiors compared to the 02-04. I think it's worth getting an 05+ for the interior alone
    What changed? I thought the 05 only had painted sideskirts. The 06 got the MP3 radio and a temp display.

I <3 dirt
    The whole center console changed as did the door cards and visors. More usable by far.

mtbr member

Thank you for the heads up on that. The only reason why I opt for an '05++ is because it is what my credit union asks me to do to get a lower interest rate on my car loan.

mtbr member
    $75 at advance auto. It's a curt hitch
    Thank you for the info! Installation cost? Or is this an easy DIY?

I <3 dirt
    It was pretty easy. You have to remove an exhaust hanger mount on the drivers side (exhaust then mounts to hitch) and then remove the tow hook on the passenger side and the hitch goes in place of both of them.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    The whole center console changed as did the door cards and visors. More usable by far.
    That's right, they got another cup holder too. I'd love 2 cup holders near the ebrake instead of that hoopty cup holder above the radio.