Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Nice!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joepa150
    Looks nice. You can't go wrong with Subaru. They always made reliable vehicle but I think that in the last 10 years they even made them more reliable and higher quality.

I grew up in the north and Subaru was really popular (maybe because of the snow). I live in Georgia now and they are not that popular.

Thanks, yeah they are popular up in in New England and I saw a ton more in the Colorado area. This is my first Subaru and not sure why it took me so long. Bought my wife an Outback at the same time I picked up the Legacy.

mtbr member
    Yep another one.
    '06 Legacy wagon here and my wife drives a '02 Impreza TS

jrm
    mtbr member

Nope not joking..

cheaper overall, cheaper to insure and repair. Bought a 2nd 3 rd gen 4runner.
    Wreck the malls with cows on Harleys

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    cheaper overall, cheaper to insure and repair. Bought a 2nd 3 rd gen 4runner.
    Compared to what?

mtbr member
    How long do the badges take to receive?

Quote Originally Posted by ksturner3
    I got mine ordered last night. Got 1st Subaru, Outdoor, Biking, & Environment.

I suggested a badge for camping. What other badges did you guys suggest?
    Did you get yours?
    :wq

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    sorry double post
    Last edited by xgjokax; 09-10-2010 at 05:04 PM.

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    i'm too lazy to read through this whole thread about subaru drivers so im just going to ask...
    im looking for a subaru wagon that can rock a roof rack for 2-3 bikes. any suggestions?
    forester? legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    1992 Legacy wagon and it must be painted Dorian Grey because it doesn't seem to be aging badly at all.
    btw.. i LOVE the oscar wilde reference!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toyota200x
    Thanks guys. I am going to pass on the Impreza and find something where I can stick bikes in the back.
    yeah! another vegan!!!

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xgjokax
    i'm too lazy to read through this whole thread about subaru drivers so im just going to ask...
    im looking for a subaru wagon that can rock a roof rack for 2-3 bikes. any suggestions?
    forester? legacy?
    ANY of the Subaru wagons will have roof rails standard, so they can all carry 2-3 bikes with carriers. The model is up to you

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Fraternal twins... Came back from a ride to find another LGT wagon parked next to mine (the one with the bike). Sorry about the crappy phone photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else here drives a Subaru?-legacies.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stib
    Fraternal twins... Came back from a ride to find another LGT wagon parked next to mine (the one with the bike). Sorry about the crappy phone photo.
    That is seriously awesome! I wish I could find more Outbacks around my area with mud on them...

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I'm finding a pretty good number of Subarus here in Napa, but I'm always happy to see other Legacys, particularly turbo Legacy wagons. I love mine -- just a base LGT with the 5-speed manual. Still want to do some suspension and brake upgrades though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Just installed my rack today! really happy with it. Thule 450 Crossroad attachment to factory roof rails and a 517 Peloton carrier. I'm in the market for a 594xt Sidearm carrier as I am tired of taking the front wheel off and storing it in the car. Plus I need another carrier for my gf's bike.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineE30M52

Just installed my rack today! really happy with it. Thule 450 Crossroad attachment to factory roof rails and a 517 Peloton carrier. I'm in the market for a 594xt Sidearm carrier as I am tired of taking the front wheel off and storing it in the car. Plus I need another carrier for my gf's bike.
    Plus with the racks you don't take the front wheel off you can face the bike forward without hitting the rear spoiler.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Superorb
    Plus with the racks you don't take the front wheel off you can face the bike forward without hitting the rear spoiler.
    Yeah this too! Haha.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    my old subaru, sold it last year,....

http://www.topscoob.com/search/label...0chrisrobinson

now i have a 2010 forester, i guess u can say i grew up a little...but def. not as fun anymore!...

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebus
    my old subaru, sold it last year,....

http://www.topscoob.com/search/label...0chrisrobinson

now i have a 2010 forester, i guess u can say i grew up a little...but def. not as fun anymore!...
    ^ nice bus, i remember seeing it on nasioc

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCanoeDog
    ^ nice bus, i remember seeing it on nasioc
    hey..thanks a lot...

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    I remember seeing it too, loved it as I also have an 02 wagon

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    ....so many familiar names in here. My wagon before I started parting it out, not planning on keeping it but it might be wise to keep it through the winter since my other option is a Miata....

....and an older pic before I parted it out the first time

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    ^^ Nice. I'd love those headlights but they're just too pricey for me. What exhaust is that in the 1st pic? Looks like a Cobb.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ein86
    ....so many familiar names in here. My wagon before I started parting it out, not planning on keeping it but it might be wise to keep it through the winter since my other option is a Miata....
    I drove a Miata through 6 Ohio winters and loved it. Throw some snows on it and have a tail sliding good time!

Digital Toast
    Help me like a Subaru. I've test drove two different Outbacks. First was a 04 and the last one was a 06. The 04 had a lot of miles, but the 06 only had about 60k. Both cars were complete dogs on the road. It seemed I couldn't get the accelerator pedal to go deep enough. After looking at Rav4's, Escapes, Wranglers, Xterra's, etc, I really like the form factor of a Outback. I just can't stand the lack of power. The Escape and Rav4 completely blew the Outback away in that category. Not a totally fair comparison because the others both had v6 power plants, but still. Do I need to look at a different model?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroack
    Help me like a Subaru. I've test drove two different Outbacks. First was a 04 and the last one was a 06. The 04 had a lot of miles, but the 06 only had about 60k. Both cars were complete dogs on the road. It seemed I couldn't get the accelerator pedal to go deep enough. After looking at Rav4's, Escapes, Wranglers, Xterra's, etc, I really like the form factor of a Outback. I just can't stand the lack of power. The Escape and Rav4 completely blew the Outback away in that category. Not a totally fair comparison because the others both had v6 power plants, but still. Do I need to look at a different model?

Can you drive a manual? Check out one of those.

If you still need more power, or can't drive a stick, then you can check out the Legacy GT models (rarer in wagon form vs. sedan) or the Outback XT. That comes with a turbo.
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Same reason I could not buy an Outback. I tried both the 4 and the 6. Ended up "having" to get a WRX wagon. So much fun to drive and fits the car seats just fine. Yea I would rather have the larger outback in some circumstances, but my wife has a 4-Runner for those trips.

yea, manual will help a lot too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else here drives a Subaru?-imgp0431.jpg  

Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast