Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    jrm
    mtbr member

Yeah, Tribeca

Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214
    Not talking about a Forester are you? Forester has better range of visibility than any car I have ever owned or driven unless you count a convertible with the top down.
    Oh well back to toyota

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    Oh well back to toyota
    I sincerely hope you're joking...

I haven't driven a new Forester... maybe you're talking about blind spots there?

I promise there is not a single Toyota with better vis than the previous model Forester, except maybe the Sypder when the top is down.

God, don't get me start on Toyota.
    Last edited by pointerDixie214; 04-14-2010 at 08:13 AM.

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    You know it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else here drives a Subaru?-img_1157.jpg  

Who else here drives a Subaru?-img_1152_7777.jpg  

Last edited by JDubKC; 04-15-2010 at 11:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Yesterday, went mountain biking, lots of hiking, and maybe a bit of mud

More pics before the rain washes away my hard work!
    album: http://img515.imageshack.us/g/dsc00406rq.jpg/

Last edited by AWDfreak; 04-19-2010 at 10:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice Subies in here.
    Don't have one (Yet!), but i'm gonna be in the market soon for a 3rd Gen Outback 2.5L. Had a recent kid and need the added space of a wagon. The Outback fits that need (and the need to haul bikes and gear to the trail) perfectly. Just need to sell my '89 BMW 325iX first. Anyone know anyone looking for a rare (only about 1500 imported into the US), old-school, AWD 4DR E30?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by atchipmunk
    Nice Subies in here.
    Don't have one (Yet!), but i'm gonna be in the market soon for a 3rd Gen Outback 2.5L. Had a recent kid and need the added space of a wagon. The Outback fits that need (and the need to haul bikes and gear to the trail) perfectly. Just need to sell my '89 BMW 325iX first. Anyone know anyone looking for a rare (only about 1500 imported into the US), old-school, AWD 4DR E30?
    How many miles? How much?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Wife's car

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    ritky- your wife has a very nice car. WOW!

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ritky
    Wife's car

If this is your wife's car, what do you drive?

thecentralscrutinizer
    Just bought our second Subaru back in early February using the IMBA discount. 2010 Outback 2.5i 6 MT.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mopartodd
    Just bought our second Subaru back in early February using the IMBA discount. 2010 Outback 2.5i 6 MT.
    Did you get the car below invoice?

SLO Mtn biker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Superorb
    Yeah, I read to documentation on that and it seems like you have to actually go meet the dealer to find out what the price will be? Feels like you're kinda halfway into the deal already at that point...

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuke
    Yeah, I read to documentation on that and it seems like you have to actually go meet the dealer to find out what the price will be? Feels like you're kinda halfway into the deal already at that point...
    I've done this with another organization that I'm a member of. You get all the local dealer promotions - interest rate, cash back etc... then you get the car at about 2% below invoice. Comes out to be a pretty nice deal for a Subaru and it's simple to do.

J.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    ritky- your wife has a very nice car. WOW!
    Thanks, I really like how her car looks too......same mods I would have done.

If this is your wife's car, what do you drive?
    Unfortunately, she drivers the better car.

Mine:

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Mine:

Oh you poor thing.

HAHAHA Yours is pretty freaking sweet too!

thecentralscrutinizer

Oh yeah, If I recall it was 2% below invoice. Simply called the dealer, gave them the number on my IMBA VIP form, they already had a copy from SOA, and went and signed the papers after a short test drive.

Too easy.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Thanks, I really like how her car looks too......same mods I would have done.

Mine:

An STX prepped WRX with projector-retro headlights? What's bad about that? The 04/05 doesn't have anyhting that's better than a bugeye except painted side skirts on the 05's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Oh you poor thing.

HAHAHA Yours is pretty freaking sweet too!

Thanks. It only looks this good with the wheels and stickers....otherwise it looks pretty plain.

An STX prepped WRX with projector-retro headlights? What's bad about that? The 04/05 doesn't have anyhting that's better than a bugeye except painted side skirts on the 05's.
    If you take into account my wife's 05 is an STi, then my bugeye has nothing on it...except better gas milage. Hers is spec'd out for STU also (minus the wing delete)

Superorb....your name sounds familiar.....nasioc much?

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Thanks. It only looks this good with the wheels and stickers....otherwise it looks pretty plain.

If you take into account my wife's 05 is an STi, then my bugeye has nothing on it...except better gas milage. Hers is spec'd out for STU also (minus the wing delete)

Superorb....your name sounds familiar.....nasioc much?
    Yup, I'm on NASIOC all over the place

I've got an 02 WRX Wagon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yup, I'm on NASIOC all over the place

I've got an 02 WRX Wagon.
    Pics of said wagon?

mtbr member
    I got an '04 Forester XS.

(just after I bought the new bike)

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Pics of said wagon?
    Coming back from Snowshoe, WV

Camping at VIRginia Raceway for GT Live

The ONLY snow day this year, and it "dumped" 7 inches

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    From today!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hauls my bike and doubles with track/autocross/rallyx duty on the weekends! 155,000 miles and still going strong.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggi
    Hauls my bike and doubles with track/autocross/rallyx duty on the weekends! 155,000 miles and still going strong.
    No exhaust?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    No exhaust?
    Pretty sure you can't have loud aftermarket exhaust for SCCA Auto and rallycross...

could be wrong though (I know our chapter is that way from what I have read/heard.)

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Pretty sure you can't have loud aftermarket exhaust for SCCA Auto and rallycross...

could be wrong though (I know our chapter is that way from what I have read/heard.)
    What I meant was I couldn't see the exhaust can on his car, it's normally on the left and I don't see it in the pics.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    No exhaust?
    Haha, I have the Borla Hush which is a slip on system. I got the hitch before the longer Kartboy hangers, so I just slipped it off for a few days until it would finally fit.

I actually liked it with the muffler off, you can really really hear the boxer rumble. But yea, I have put it on since we have sound regulations this year.

Get out of town!
    Nice cars! I have an 05 LGT. It's in he shop right now though...upgrading the turbo from a VF40 to an EVO 16G from Bryan at BNRSupercars. It has been my favorite car to date. It's a black 4door that is big enough for the kids but still very sporty.

I have a Yakima Hold Up hitch rack that I put on to haul my bikes around. I used to have a full Thule roof rack but I took it off.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    What I meant was I couldn't see the exhaust can on his car, it's normally on the left and I don't see it in the pics.
    Gotcha.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

The ONLY snow day this year, and it "dumped" 7 inches

At least you get snow. AWD and dry pavement is now here near as fun.

Nice clean wagon BTW. I wish they made it with fender flares like the sedan. Have you seen the 2011 WRX hatch? Widebody now.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    ^^ I wish it had the wider fenders and same track, it's 2" narrower on the 02-07 wagons than the sedans. I do like the STi fenders on the 2011 models though. The thing that stinks about the new hatches is that there's absolutely NO room to haul stuff around in the back. I have a wagon b/c I haul crap around all the time, but I wouldn't be able to do that with an 08+ WRX hatch

mtbr member
    I hear ya. My dog is ok in my 06 wrx wagon but no way he'd be happy in an 08+...:-( guess I'd better make sure this one lasts!

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rossp
    I hear ya. My dog is ok in my 06 wrx wagon but no way he'd be happy in an 08+...:-( guess I'd better make sure this one lasts!
    That's why I've been planing on buying an 06 WRX Wagon instead of an 08+. I'll still get the 2.5L but still have space to haul stuff.

mtbr member
    Hey guys,
    Great cars all around! I am in the market for an '02-'05 WRX 4 or 5 door and I had a few questions. As far as mileage goes, what should I be looking for? I will have this car for a pretty long time, so I was looking for something ~60k? Most I have found have upwards of 80k. Are there many issues when they get that old, timing belts etc.. that I should be on the look out for? Also, I am located in NJ if anyone knows of any good deals on the East Coast Thanks for the help!
    Happy Trails

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Who else here drives a Subaru?-obxt-side.jpg
    My 2009 2.5XT Outback with a few mods, bike rack is not on yet, we are still skiing!

mtbr member
    Don't know how I missed this thread. I get alot of crazy looks when the kayaks are on top!

Stage 2 Vishnu tuned ecutek, stealthback, and stromung dualtip

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusrocks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OBXT side.jpg 
Views:	19410 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	539677
    My 2009 2.5XT Outback with a few mods, bike rack is not on yet, we are still skiing!
    That is freaking SWEET!

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusrocks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OBXT side.jpg 
Views:	19410 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	539677

Whats up with you blacked out Subaru badge on the grill? Is that homeade or aftermarket? closer pic? I would like that on my OBXT!

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by edray
    Hey guys,
    Great cars all around! I am in the market for an '02-'05 WRX 4 or 5 door and I had a few questions. As far as mileage goes, what should I be looking for? I will have this car for a pretty long time, so I was looking for something ~60k? Most I have found have upwards of 80k. Are there many issues when they get that old, timing belts etc.. that I should be on the look out for? Also, I am located in NJ if anyone knows of any good deals on the East Coast Thanks for the help!
    Happy Trails
    Don't get an 02, they have the weaker transmissions and the cold temperature fuel leak problem. You'll be hard pressed to find any 02-05 WRS with less than 60k miles without paying a huge premium.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by edray
    Hey guys,
    Happy Trails
    The style changes from 02-03 and then from 04-05. Whats your price range? I would not worry one bit about high milage on these cars, as long as they have been taken care of. I daily drive mine and race it on weekends, and never had a problem even with high miles.

I give my 02 some pretty sweet 5k rpm launches at autox, and never had a problem besides clutch smell the entire run. And the 02 cold temp fuel leak should have been a free recall. The problem with 02-03 is they mostly have high miles, but WRX's are becoming more and more affordable.

jesusrocks - Thats one of the best looking Outback I've seen!

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggi

And the 02 cold temp fuel leak should have been a free recall.
    It's only a recall in 13 "cold weather" states. In all other states it is a warranty repair. They'll still perform the work, but in the recall states they won't have to diagnose it even though it's not states that they need to diagnose anyways.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubKC
    Whats up with you blacked out Subaru badge on the grill? Is that homeade or aftermarket? closer pic? I would like that on my OBXT!

My computer with the car pics crashed today, as soon as I am back up I can post a few more. The grill is just carbon fiber looking tape applied to all of the chrome and the badge. It seems to be holding up well so far. Waiting for Grillcrafts new mesh grill for the '09 Outbacks to be released.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    fairly slow but nice JDM touches all over the outside, I like this wagon A LOT for my daily.

mtbr member
    From today!

Mmmmmm, muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud...

Nice to see another dirty Subaru!!!11
    Do you happen to be a member of DirtyImpreza.com?

Oh, and nice to see all the MTB Subaru owners/drivers around

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AWDfreak
    Mmmmmm, muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud...

Nice to see another dirty Subaru!!!11
    Do you happen to be a member of DirtyImpreza.com?

Oh, and nice to see all the MTB Subaru owners/drivers around
    Thanks... and I will investigate this dirtyimpreza.com you speak of...

She's somewhat clean now (just hosed off, still really bad HAHA), but I suspect she'll get a good bath later today... then I'll keep her clean until it rains again...

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    My Dirty Impreza

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    2002 Impreza Outback Sport, have since added a Yakima Forklift. Best car I have ever owned.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Updated picture with the forklift rack on, seems like a nice unit for the price. Someday I want to get ride of the stock rack and go with a full system from the ground up..but the forklift I fully trust for localish drives.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dzakd
    Updated picture with the forklift rack on, seems like a nice unit for the price. Someday I want to get ride of the stock rack and go with a full system from the ground up..but the forklift I fully trust for localish drives.

Looks like your rear spoiler will smack into the rack That's why my bike carriers are all on backwards.

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast