Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2710
    Co Springs
    Just read a write up on the XV and it sounds okay for the base of $21k and up - as tested, 26k. Good mpg numbers if they hold out to be real.
    I'd consider it if in the market but hoping my Mazda and Infiniti get me way more down the road for a long time. The XV is the better looking Suber model IMO although the few years ago Foresters looked pretty nice, maybe 07's.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Re: Who else here drives a Subaru?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Seriously? Do you realize how ridiculous this is?
    No not really.. Lol I've had the car a while, took about an hour all together not too bad

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Re: Who else here drives a Subaru?

Quote Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
    You didn't want to chance it with a Subaru so you went with an Audi? Thanks for the laugh, LOL.
    Haha that's my exact sentiment. Lololol

I <3 dirt

Who else here drives a Subaru?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Seriously? Do you realize how ridiculous this is?
    right?

Subaru alternator is 3 bolts and is on the top.

The timing belts are incredibly easy as well. Pull 2 bolts, 2 wiring harnesses and 2 hoses to remove radiator (you can pull the fans instead but the rad assembly is quicker) and you've got plenty of room to do what you need to do.
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    To do mine I just have remove the bumper.. 2 bolts, the rad support, 4 Screws, the serp belt, and some plastic. Not exactly hard for anyone competent with a ratchet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
    The front end is only a few bolts actually and you don't have to drain the coolant. I've done it to change my thermostat takes about 20 minutes. My alternator was easier to access with the front wheel off through the wheel well. Was only the one bolt I think. It's not bad if you know the car.

That's not even possible to remove the front end without draining the coolant. The hoses run into the engine block to cool it.

Alternator takes one bolt?? That's not true either, most take 2-bolts. 1 bolt wouldn't be very reliable for keeping tension with such a tight belt on the pulley.

I worked on my friends Audi A4 2.0T and several jettas. I've had plenty of "WTF, who designed this POS" moments with those cars. The germans definitely never heard of the "K.I.S.S" philosophy. Subaru's are definitely easier to work on. With my friends other cars, any part stamped with "made in germany" carried a high price tag.

The reason why subaru parts are so cheap is because they've been using the same engine for 20+ years, and the basic layout has changed little since the 90's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Ok maybe 2 bolts it was 4 years ago. And yes, you can remove the front end it swings out. The upper hose may leak a little but pointed up you don't have to remove the coolant just run it with the cap off the reservoir for a few minutes to get the air out. I just did this to change some oil lines a few months ago.

MTB Newbie
    Apr 2009
    If you get an Audi that works you're golden. But plenty of them have electrical gremlins. I constantly see German cars in general with wonky tail lights that don't work, or that only work when you hit the brake and the reverse lights come on, or something else. I've had a few friends with turbo Audis and VWs and all of them spend their time working on the cars cursing because they were designed without any sort of common sense. Subarus are orders of magnitude easier to work on compared to an Audi. And if you need a part you'd better take out that 2nd mortgage on the house. They're also ridiculously expensive for what you get. A 25k WRX can run circles around a 40k Audi, and a 25k WRX with $15k in mods can run circles around just about any stock production car out there.

mtbr member
    Time to start looking for a replacement.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Time to start looking for a replacement.

Good luck finding another Saabaru.

Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 105 106 107 108 109