Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1939
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yes i heard the same thing, however...the individuals bending their frames did stupid crap along with modifying their leaf springs. I have been all over the forums. I am one of the original owners with the first batch of 6000, been to a ton of meets. Thw things i have seen done to this truck is something i will never do as i like my life LOL

The biggest issue which was minimal was mapping the transmission for my batch (specific vins).

The whole bending frame ordeal is not of a concern, as the OEM frame is sufficient.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Oh ok, I haven't investigated. Just what i've heard through the grapevine working at ford. Glad to see its not a real issue with the factory trucks. If my employee discount worked on SVT vehicles I'd have one in a heartbeat.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yea that whole ordeal originated during a meet. A huge number of these people installed deaver leaf springs on their trucks. At this particular meet, there was a pretty good size kicker. The individuals hitting this kicker decided to do it at around 90mph. Make a long story short, the deaver springs caused the rear suspension to come down at a harder rate than normal, pushing a mass amount of force against the truck's stoppers, hence bending the frame.

I spoke with the chief engineer at SVT, they left the frame as is, as it will help the suspension. If you make the frame too stiff, that force has to go somewhere, so other parts that are not suppose to absorb that amount of energy will, and will also effect the handling characteristics, making it more unstable. Granted you can upgrade those parts, but then you are looking at the 150k version not the 50k version lol.

Granted not even i took my tuck 100mph offroad...i have done 60-80mph, but that was on wide open terrain and when i came across a kicker, i probably was doing 40-50mph at most. They had a ton of videos on youtube floating around showing what these guys did. It was insane, they were hitting this kicker so damn hard, the nose of the truck slammed down and knocked the camera off, both individuals came out of the truck and said "man i think we are going a bittoo fast, probably best if we slow it down" the front fender got damaged, mind you there is a nice skid plate underneath there.,

It caused a huge heat storm, cause SVT and Ford put on this particular event, and there were 20 some odd people with these springs and hitting this kicker. When Ford declined the repairs, they went rapid and posted claims on ever single thread, forum and email.

The truck as is was designed to be a pre-runner, which it does very well in stock form, it was also designed to be a daily commuter, which it does that well in truck form.

What these people did was abuse their trucks and expected ford to cut the bill. I sure as hell wouldnt even think about bringing it to a dealership after something like that and expect them to cover it.

There were instances to where the rear diff locked up out on a trail, tow truck came out free of charge and took it to the nearest dealership and got it fixed at no cost to the owner. It happened during normal use, and the truck was designed to do this sort of thing and they knew that.

Same deal with MTB frames, people fall off a cliff or hit a 20ft jump get a crack on their frame and expect the manufacturer to cut the bill...or when they install a longer fork than what the frame was designed to use.

My ex worked at ford when this truck came out, and i was amazed to get it well under MSRP. This is one vehichle Ford and SVT did good by, except now they are pushing them out like cookie cutters, so R&D might be diminished a bit, as what it once was back in 2010.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Here is a short vid of some of the R&D they did with the stock truck prior to release in 2010.

SVT Raptor - Anza-Borrego - YouTube

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse101 View Post
    Thanks man, same here, I really like that Boss 302! Thing is beast! Would look killer sitting next to my raptor..maybe in a year or 2
    I like the Shelby GT500's myself, but hey, thats what the bucket list is for. I would like to get a brand new one and a 69 to put in the garage some day.
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (My DD)
    2006 Mongoose XR-75 with a few goodies
    2010 Kia Sedona (GFs DD)

RIP 2000 Jeep XJ RIP

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Agreed lol!

Andrew
    I just have a boring Mazda6...

Roof Rackin! by Andrew Vicars, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I love my mpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    2004 Subaru Forester XT.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1343439418933.jpg
Views: 3111
Size:  30.0 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzoh View Post
    I just have a boring Mazda6...

Roof Rackin! by Andrew Vicars, on Flickr
    ummm, boring? What do you consider not boring then?? LOL
    2010 Kia Sedona (GFs DD)

RIP 2000 Jeep XJ RIP

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit1 View Post
    ummm, boring? What do you consider not boring then?? LOL
    Lol I was being modest. It's one of the most modified 6's in the world.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Family Rig

Here is our truck loaded from today's ride - 2011 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. She does'nt make it too far off the road because my wife would kill me (LOL), but it gets us to the trailhead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats you Rides Ride-dsc_0481.jpg  

Whats you Rides Ride-dsc_0483.jpg  

mtbr member

Jk

Well it's a JEEP of course!

2008 JK X 2 dr
    2" Daystar spacer lift with 2012 Rubicon shocks
    AirAid Cold Air Intake
    Catback MPRB freeflow exhaust
    Infinity 12" subwoffer
    Freedom top....

Mine gets me to the trailhead AND goes offroad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats you Rides Ride-wp_000057.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coling View Post
    Well it's a JEEP of course!

2008 JK X 2 dr
    2" Daystar spacer lift with 2012 Rubicon shocks
    AirAid Cold Air Intake
    Catback MPRB freeflow exhaust
    Infinity 12" subwoffer
    Freedom top....

Mine gets me to the trailhead AND goes offroad

NICE JK! I dabbled with mine for a bit before missing the power of a sportier car and my plans to move out west got pushed back....yours looks great! here was mine...

mtbr member
    Beauty. Nothing like a good Jeep. Love your bumper, that's something I still need to invest in.

Sur wish I still had my ole '66 CJ5 though......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats you Rides Ride-imag0018.jpg  

Whats you Rides Ride-imag0024.jpg  

mtbr member
    And by your profile, it looks like by sportier you went with M// Power? I ran a 2003 330Xi for a few years before I had this JK. Love me some bimmer too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coling View Post
    Beauty. Nothing like a good Jeep. Love your bumper, that's something I still need to invest in.

Sur wish I still had my ole '66 CJ5 though......
    Awww yeah, very cool. That's probably what I'll get (CJ5) once my move out to CO is finalized in the next few months....I want to have a Jeep but my JK was a daily driver and didn't like that idea (especially with a 70 mile round trip commute)...I'd want it for a 2nd car so I can beat on it and not worry about how to get to work on Monday, lol.

I sold the Jeep and bought a 135i.....so, not an ///M but kind of close to the same power as an M3 (way more torque anyway)...it's tuned, suspension, exhaust, etc running about 355hp to the wheels or so, if I went to a Stage 2 tune, you can get 400hp out of it.....Love this car. The 330xi is a fantastic car, how'd you like the awd? Did you tune/modify it at all?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Looks like ill be buying one of these in the next few months since they announced employee pricing on them.

2013 Ford Focus ST. 256bhp turbocharged 2.0L ecoboost 6 speed manual.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by airtime104 View Post
    Here is our truck loaded from today's ride - 2011 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. She does'nt make it too far off the road because my wife would kill me (LOL), but it gets us to the trailhead.
    better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    2010 Kia Sedona (GFs DD)

RIP 2000 Jeep XJ RIP

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by f1rst 1 View Post
    Awww yeah, very cool. That's probably what I'll get (CJ5) once my move out to CO is finalized in the next few months....I want to have a Jeep but my JK was a daily driver and didn't like that idea (especially with a 70 mile round trip commute)...I'd want it for a 2nd car so I can beat on it and not worry about how to get to work on Monday, lol.

I sold the Jeep and bought a 135i.....so, not an ///M but kind of close to the same power as an M3 (way more torque anyway)...it's tuned, suspension, exhaust, etc running about 355hp to the wheels or so, if I went to a Stage 2 tune, you can get 400hp out of it.....Love this car. The 330xi is a fantastic car, how'd you like the awd? Did you tune/modify it at all?

I never did much tuning to it, they are quite powerful as is. I loved the X personally. I drive back and forth over the Cascades on I90 frequently and the AWD never failed. I had all-weather Falkens and they did wonderfully. I could turn it off when I wanted (along witth the ESP..) and put all power to the rear. I also enjoyed having a bit more ground clearance than the i series. A final selling point for me was having non-staggered wheels. This meant I was able to rotate at my own discretion as well as shop for replacement wheel sets with more freedom.

I dig te 1-series, nice lines. Haven't been in one yet. If I get back to a BMW it will more than likely be an X6 or an E90 M3 sedan. a little more practical.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Finally got to welding up a tow hitch on the old '48!

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    ^^^ SWEET ride!! Love those "old" Jeeps!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Finally got around to taking some pictures. 2011 WRB WRX with Curt hitch and Kuat Sherpa.

Last edited by rogsim; 08-04-2012 at 11:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    My ride is an 02 Suzuki Intrude 800. Built a mtn bike rack for the back of my moto.
    unfortunately i'm apparently too new to the forum to post a picture.

mtbr member
    Heres one more for the M3 fans Ive seen here...
    Just got the rack setup over the weekend and Im really excited to be able to use the M to haul my bike now instead of the work van.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats you Rides Ride-img_1639.jpg  

Whats you Rides Ride-img_1640.jpg  

"That's a niiiiiiiice biiike boy! That a Huffy!?"

Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast