Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1937
    Mountain Man Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    Lol, everyones a critic. Those rims actually looked better when the car was rightside up and the wheels were in one piece.

And actually I had 225/35/18 Kumho Ecsta MX's on all corners. That car had a built suspension and brake setup, I had another set of Kosei's in 17's with Kumho Victaracers for auto-x duty. I flipped it because some ******nozzle in a minivan sideswiped me into a highway barrier at 70mph.
    225's? My dick is longer then those are wide. Haha.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

ballbuster

The car was trying to commit suicide

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectDan35 View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything, but since this guy did...

THOSE RIMS ARE FUGLY. No wonder why you flipped it, you probably have some cheap a$$ tires on this cheap a$$ rims. Wow.
    ... and I guess not enough downforce from that wing, eh?

Meh... that, and nothing worse in ice and snow than a 35 series tire. May as well put a snow saucer under each corner.

You need a set of winter shoes, son! 65 series steelie pizza cutters with Blizzacks.

I'll bet that car sees a lot more ... you know, than your... you know!

Heck, my and my wife's Audis both have 235s on em. Pretty standard for semi-sporty small cars.

Klassy!!

Last edited by pimpbot; 03-08-2012 at 05:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    Lol, everyones a critic. Those rims actually looked better when the car was rightside up and the wheels were in one piece.

Because racecar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    $300 to pull it out?!?
    That's what i said....the tow truck company has a contract with the sheriffs department so i had to use the guy they called in. I could have pulled it out with my truck but they wouldn't let me. oh well, live and learn.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt diggler View Post
    Aviator - Nice AMG - More pics.
    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats you Rides Ride-e55.jpg  

Powered by Pulvoron
    very nice.. here's my little C
    The trunk will fit my bikes with the seat post and wheels removed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats you Rides Ride-picture-010.jpg  

FilipinoMafia - Ohio Chapter

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Ok Ron Jeremy. Thats the widest tire you can fit under a protege without rolling the fenders or hacking the inner fender wells. And being a 2400 lbs car on a tire thats as close to an R compound as you can get a DOT, they worked just fine. Maybe the 315's going under my current car would make you feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post
    Meh... that, and nothing worse in ice and snow than a 35 series tire. May as well put a snow saucer under each corner.
    Good thing I live in a place that gets snow for 5 days maybe once every 10 years. And actually I had a set of the factory 17 inch racing harts with some cheapo depot cooper avenger all seasons that worked just fine for those rare snow days. Put it this way, we get so little snow that I daily drive my 02 camaro SS with z rated summer tires year round.

Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Because racecar.
    It may have been slow in a straight line but there were quite a few corvette and viper owners that were upset when it came to killing cones.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    very nice.. here's my little C
    The trunk will fit my bikes with the seat post and wheels removed.
    Sweet! No dice on the trunk for me, do your rear seats fold down and allow more space or is that just in the trunk? That's the one thing that this car could use- folding rear seats.

Thule raceway 3bike that I recently purchased seems to do a great job though.

Powered by Pulvoron
    Aviator,
    Not on this model, but a W203 C55 has folding seats. There is no off the shelf reciever hitch available. Well there is one, but pricey. I can fit either my road bike, 29-er SS or 26-er SS, again with seatpost and wheels removed. I am not in favor of attaching a rear trunk rack because of the paint and what damage a rear can do.
    FilipinoMafia - Ohio Chapter

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Aviator,
    Not on this model, but a W203 C55 has folding seats. There is no off the shelf reciever hitch available. Well there is one, but pricey. I can fit either my road bike, 29-er SS or 26-er SS, again with seatpost and wheels removed. I am not in favor of attaching a rear trunk rack because of the paint and what damage a rear can do.
    Yeah, I hear you there.

Unfortunately it was my only option- I wasn't putting the 1 hitch that "sorta" works on an AMG and roof was out as my only intent of having a rack on this car is to be able to ride after work once the time changes - and a rack wouldn't get into the parking garage of my building.

I'm very pleased w/ the raceway given the only contact point rests are in the recessed license plate well and then on the top of the trunk and there's a lot of surface area. And then of course the rubberized cables on top/bottom (but no sides).

Re-spraying the trunk if it ever got scratched isn't that costly given I'm confident the worst that would happen is a scratch. Note - it comes off in under 90 seconds (and goes back on in the same) I DO know that leaving it on plus heat can warp - Thule mentions this w/ Merc's due to their thin bumper covers

I'm pleased w/ the solution in that it's the best option out of a lot of not good options that leave a lot to be desired.

bi-winning
    I just purchased a 2008 GMC Canyon extended cab, with 6' bed. It's my first vehicle. No more borrowing sedans and minvans from my parents. I'm still considering different bike racking solutions. The bike is not secured in the picture below.

Last edited by rkj__; 03-14-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

getting some of that good milage

i still look at this picture and have no idea how this works... but it does. i fit my cpc patriot in the back of my toyota prius with 4 people in the car!! I'm really thinking about getting a bike rack for the top. any ideas on what to get?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats you Rides Ride-_mg_1613.jpg  

Whats you Rides Ride-_mg_1612.jpg  

mtbr member
    After three months if waiting for the wife's car or my don to bring my truck home I finally picked up a,roof rack for my Mini. Now I can get to the trail when I want.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I just bought this 3 weeks ago as a commuter car. 2012 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS, 1.4 turbo, 6 speed manual. It has averaged 35mpg on the first 2200 miles.

Crap, I can't post pics yet, but in 7 more posts I will be able to

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Ok, here is a pic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thats actually a really good looking little ride. If they didnt feel so underpowered to me id probably be in one.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    They are defimately not a race car, but with the turbo and the 6 speed manual it still has plenty get up and go. Its hard to get much power and still achieve 40mpg. I traded in my crew cab z71 gmx on it that was getting 17mpg. I drive right at 100 miles a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by thekevin View Post
    They are defimately not a race car, but with the turbo and the 6 speed manual it still has plenty get up and go. Its hard to get much power and still achieve 40mpg. I traded in my crew cab z71 gmx on it that was getting 17mpg. I drive right at 100 miles a day.
    I'm with ya...I just bought a sonic with the same power train and it's got plenty of power for day-to-day and is a blast to drive. I also replaced a truck with my sonic and am glad for the 35mpg (city). Gas for that truck was killing me.
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yeah im about to be in the same boat. My 350+hp camaro gets right at 19 around town and takes no less than 91 octane (though the e85 convert thought has crossed my mind). Chevrolet took a step in the right direction replacing the aveo with the sonic.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

bi-winning

Same engine choices

Quote Originally Posted by steadite View Post
    I'm with ya...I just bought a sonic with the same power train and it's got plenty of power for day-to-day and is a blast to drive. I also replaced a truck with my sonic and am glad for the 35mpg (city). Gas for that truck was killing me.
    My sister just got a Sonic. Both her and my dad compared it to the Cruze, and they both agreed that the engine (1.8 NA , auto in this case) felt much better in the smaller and lighter Sonic.

I found the Sonic to be quite fun to drive. It's a little go-kart. After taking a look at other cars in the segment at the Toronto auto show, I found the Sonic to be much more desirable than many vehicles in its class.

Here's our vehicles together. They match.

When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    2007 Camry Hybrid, almost as good mileage as my bike

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Don't have the bike yet but this will be its every day ride 06 Hemi ram

its oh god where the hell are you taking me ride, 92 whats left of a wrangler.
    Keep access to public lands open.
    http://30daysofbikingerie.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    fits perfect in the back of my 4Runner with the seats down looking at getting a hitch rack or making one
    the weather is here wish you were beautiful

mtbr member
    My F-450 King Ranch 4x4 chillin' at the Hermosa Creek trailhead this last summer.

11 mpg on good day!!

We did bolam pass to hotel draw ride and had a cooler full of beer for post ride refreshment.

What a great day it was

Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 ... LastLast