banned
    Feb 2009

vehicle access bar codes

I'm looking to get another vehicle, an suv for my bikes but the condo association where I live only allows two vehicles per unit. All the vehicles have to have a barcode for entry and to be parked over night or they get towed. So anyways I'm trying to figure out how I could make or get my hands on another vehicle barcode. It doesnt have to work just be the right size and look the part. anyone got any ideas or have one from they could sell me?

mtbr member
    ask a neighbor that only has one vehicle?

what other cars are you driving? it might make more sense to upgrade the rack you have or sell one car and buy the suv. Unless you are planning on doing some off roading and need the 4x4?

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

call one of the companies which produce those stickers, tell them your with a large home owners association and are thinking of outfitting the community with such a gate system. tell tem youre concerned about the durability of the stickers and youd like a non working test sample of one of the stickers to look at....

worst they can do is say no.....

banned
    Feb 2009
    I have thought about that but the occupancy rate is low, it feel like a ghost town almost (which is why I'm pissed about the association enforcing the parking), so it's hard to find people. The place was finished in mid 06 about the time the economy was heading down so it neer filled up. Half of the people here are college students and use both of there alotted spots. The other half are old people and the two old people that I have asked so far have both said the same thing -- they don't want to be liable since the car is registered to their unit.

right now I have my 06 mustang and my gf has her 09 altima. I was planning on getting an 01-04 xterra, 4runner or something along those lines. getting rid of the altima is not up to me. The mustang is paid off and I will be paying cash for the new suv so trading in the mustang isn't really an option because I will loose badly especially trading for what is a lesser value car and since I'm paying cash I was just going to buy from a private party.

I prefer to stay away from a direct trade (ie. my car for another individuals suv). Upgrading from the trunk mount rack is an option but the car is just a ***** to do anything mtb related with. It cant go to trails without direct road access, you're limited on the stuff you can bring.

banned
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike
    call one of the companies which produce those stickers, tell them your with a large home owners association and are thinking of outfitting the community with such a gate system. tell tem youre concerned about the durability of the stickers and youd like a non working test sample of one of the stickers to look at....

that is an awesome Idea. Just the kind of idea I was looking for.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike

there resides amongst us a devious mind....

ride fast...take chances...

banned
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iridetitus
    there resides amongst us a devious mind....

I say creative mind. Its not breaking any laws.