Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

The Ultimate Bike Transporter? 2010 Ford SVT Raptor!

I'm most certainly biased, and there are most certainly better transporters... but eh, I'm stickin to it... This truck is the ultimate bike transporter

This is my 2010 Ford SVT Raptor.

No bike pics yet, cause, well, I haven't taken delivery of it yet. I've got a custom Zinn Big Sur 29er on order, and its supposed to be done any day now. Can't wait!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I don't think your bike will fit in the bed standing up, without removing at least one wheel.

Otherwise, nice bike/truck...certainly interesting reading the R&D that went into those trucks. Kinda pricey for what they is tho...

mtbr member
    Yea agreed, although It might be close. The inside box height is just about 2 feet.

Still though I plan to grab a hitch rack, and use the bed for all the camping gear.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonWilliam
    Yea agreed, although It might be close. The inside box height is just about 2 feet.

Still though I plan to grab a hitch rack, and use the bed for all the camping gear.
    Yeah, that is the way to go with shortbeds...

noob wheel drive
    I saw one at work. The SVT Raptor is one badass, awesome off-road truck that should be taken to full potential. And I'm sure it'll do fine as a bike hauler!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AWDfreak
    I saw one at work. The SVT Raptor is one badass, awesome off-road truck that should be taken to full potential. And I'm sure it'll do fine as a bike hauler!
    Roger that. I run it every chance I get. I've taken 'er to Anza Borrego and Octillo Wells several times, to Hollister, thru the Mojave and several other off-the-beaten path places I probably didn't belong And I've got lots of trips planned too when the bike shows.

This truck is every bit the truck the hype says it is.

Here's a bit more for you're viewing pleasure:

This was taken at the world famous Chandelier Drive Through Tree... if the Raptor has one flaw its its size (which is pretty much a requirement for the kind of offroading its designed to do).

(PS: She didn't make it... not by a long shot :P)

Here's a quick vid (not me) that was taken at the Raptor Roundup in Vegas, in June (same event the pic of me in the air was taken). Notice the window sticker? I heard later that this truck was sold at this event and drove home by the new owner that night. "Build Ford Tough" hardly describes this truck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dNYIf7nh90

noob wheel drive
    Roger that. I run it every chance I get. I've taken 'er to Anza Borrego and Octillo Wells several times, to Hollister, thru the Mojave and several other off-the-beaten path places I probably didn't belong And I've got lots of trips planned too when the bike shows.

This truck is every bit the truck the hype says it is.

Here's a bit more for you're viewing pleasure:

This was taken at the world famous Chandelier Drive Through Tree... if the Raptor has one flaw its its size (which is pretty much a requirement for the kind of offroading its designed to do).

(PS: She didn't make it... not by a long shot :P)

Here's a quick vid (not me) that was taken at the Raptor Roundup in Vegas, in June (same event the pic of me in the air was taken). Notice the window sticker? I heard later that this truck was sold at this event and drove home by the new owner that night. "Build Ford Tough" hardly describes this truck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dNYIf7nh90
    Nice truck pron! I wanna run my Subaru on Hollister hills someday, but I lack a front skidplate. There is a rear diff guard, but that means only the rear-end is covered.

About that video... That looks almost exactly like the SVR Raptor I saw at work!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    I don't think your bike will fit in the bed standing up, without removing at least one wheel.

Otherwise, nice bike/truck...certainly interesting reading the R&D that went into those trucks. Kinda pricey for what they is tho...
    nah, thats a hell of a deal. its a freakin offroad 100mph through rough terrain factory warranty vehicle. for 40 grand its a HELL of a deal. i love those things!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Killertofu
    nah, thats a hell of a deal. its a freakin offroad 100mph through rough terrain factory warranty vehicle. for 40 grand its a HELL of a deal. i love those things!
    (Yes I'm 100% biased but) I have to agree. If you took any other new truck and tried to turn it into a Raptor, you'd spend well over the sticker of this thing, and I don't think you'd ever really get there. 3/4 of the magic in this truck is the control you have over the tuning/programming/traction control nannies. You can, quite literally completely turn off all the lawyered up "safety" stuff. I'm just not sure you'd ever be able to pull that off, trying to build something you bought new today, yourself.

And of course, your warranty would almost certainly be rendered null and void the first time you brought 'er in with a suspension and/or drivetrain problem. Ford has (so far) bent over backwards for those few Raptor owners who have had problems. Its been really refreshing to see a MFG step up and stand behind their product for being used as it was designed to be used. And in this case, that means blasting thru the washes at 100mph.

Food for thought.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    (Yes I'm 100% biased but) I have to agree. If you took any other new truck and tried to turn it into a Raptor, you'd spend well over the sticker of this thing, and I don't think you'd ever really get there. 3/4 of the magic in this truck is the control you have over the tuning/programming/traction control nannies. You can, quite literally completely turn off all the lawyered up "safety" stuff. I'm just not sure you'd ever be able to pull that off, trying to build something you bought new today, yourself.

And of course, your warranty would almost certainly be rendered null and void the first time you brought 'er in with a suspension and/or drivetrain problem. Ford has (so far) bent over backwards for those few Raptor owners who have had problems. Its been really refreshing to see a MFG step up and stand behind their product for being used as it was designed to be used. And in this case, that means blasting thru the washes at 100mph.

Food for thought.

Ooohh, I didn't realize you could have one for $40k. Good deal at that price.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    man if they made that in a regular cab version id be all over that
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

noob wheel drive
    Quote Originally Posted by nuck_chorris
    man if they made that in a regular cab version id be all over that
    Chuck Norris would drive a Dodge Ram though...

Speaking of which, I'm surprised it isn't offered with a regular cab considering its purpose.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Speaking of which, I'm surprised it isn't offered with a regular cab considering its purpose.
    ever try to haul gear in a single cab?

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I spotted one of these at distance last night and not knowing what it was thought someone had just added a custom grill to an older model. Clearly I need to take a closer look next time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    I spotted one of these at distance last night and not knowing what it was thought someone had just added a custom grill to an older model. Clearly I need to take a closer look next time.
    You bet. There's much more to these trucks than a grill. The suspension is totally unique, and the track was widened an extra 7" (wide as a hummer!) to handle it. The tuning is totally unique. The whole front clip (bodywork) is unique. Etc etc.

If you've got any questions, I'm happy to answer 'em for ya.

mtbr member
    Love those raptors saving up so I can order me one tuxedo black with the 6.2!
    Lifes Short, Ride naked!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Nice buy! Haven't seen one in person yet, but the Raptor is probably the only pickup truck I would want to own.

Hail Satin!
    I love these things. I just wish ford would do a ranger version. Maybe with that eco-boost V6 they put in the SHO.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

Drinking the Slick_Juice

eww, I hate dodge gasser trucks, the diesels are cool but its such a horrible truck if i had to choose between ford chevy or dodge its ford all the way.

Drinking the Slick_Juice

who is going to use that truck to haul gear?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Damn, you bastards got the wheels spinnin upstairs... May have to crunch some numbers soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8iJX...eature=channel

noob wheel drive
    Yes. It's horrible. 3 people in a bench sucks.

But what I meant were the hardcore racer-type of dudes who would go "who needs cargo room? I just wanna go fast blah blah".

But yes, nice that it is offered with passenger-worthy seating. (Unlike my dad's old Toyota Tacoma Xtra cab, Xtra my ass )

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nuck_chorris
    who is going to use that truck to haul gear?
    maybe a guy rocketing out in the middle of a desert?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    We've got a few of these at work, sure puts the pwnage on my Xterra! Funny because I can go places the regular quarter ton trucks can't, but damn the Raptor can.... Might have to snag a key off the rack sometime.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Ford's version of a Hummer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast