mtbr member

Trying to figure out new used SUV

I have a 2000 Blazer ZR2 2 door. I like the truck, but it is too small. I need 4 doors and something bigger. I'm thinking Tahoe or Yukon 2005-2006. I also thought about a Suburban but it might be too big. I am looking to only spend about $15,000. Any other ideas?

Mike

mtbr member
    We love our suburban. Yes, its long. However, I can fit my family of 5 PLUS 5 bikes inside if I need to. And if you ever need to tow anything, its there. And if you ever need to work on it, you can practically climb inside the engine compartment to work on it.

Downside is fuel economy. We average 13-16 mpg city-highway.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Get a Honda Odyssey and be done. SUVs are for the penile impaired, both the soccer mom variety and the little man one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Have you considered a first generation Toyota Sequoia? We picked up an 04 last year for $10k. 4wd, lots of room, comfortable, good ground clearance. Holds kids, camping gear, bikes, etc. Another plus is the rear window rolls down, so you have easy access to the back cargo area with a loaded hitch rack on, without having to swing the the rack down or out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Tahoe/ Suburbans are awesome, sometimes you need something bigger than say a..Honda Pilot.
    The Tahoe/ Suburbans are super roomy, quiet( don't have those two in a Pilot) and are very reliable, I gotten up to 20mpg on ours, but mostly around 17 on most long trips.
    $15,000 should be a good price for what your looking for.