mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Trunk rack for 06 Corolla Sport w/ wing?

Alright... I have an STI with a giant wing on the trunk and I didnt have any issues... haha.

Girlfriend has a 2006 Toyota Corolla Sport with the standard spoiler on it.

I picked up a nice Thule trunk rack for it, which they say they fit all the models, and from what I can read online they say it will... But it sure wont!

The top bars with the pads pretty much lay on top of the spoiler... So kinda looking for some suggestions on what I can get for her! She cant go riding with her friends till she gets a rack that either clears spoilers, or something else...

Here's what I got:
    http://www.amazon.com/Thule-Passage-...7516053&sr=8-1

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I'm not sure if it would work, since I've not used it with a spoiler involved, but the Saris Bones rack may be a good choice. The arms have a pronounced curve which might clear the spoiler.

The Bones is my favorite trunk rack. The arms that hold the bike are adjustable from side-to-side. The trunk straps use cams, instead of trying to feed the strap through a little plastic buckle. It's easy to get enough tension on them. The straps that hold the bike to the rack are much better than the rubber ones that never seem to fit well (either too loose or too tight).

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hollywood Racks Baja series. They make a Baja 2 or 3, obviously depending on how many bikes you want it to hold. i have an 01' Tiburon and have no problem clearing my spoiler which is about 2 inches higher than that spoiler.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    No photos but here's my input from a couple of test fits with Yakima bits.

07 Mazda 6 5 door. Spoiler is a decent 3-4 inches off the deck.

The Kingjoe just barely touched it.
    Quickbak cleared it by a solid 4 inches and was a bit easier to setup. Both used Glass hatch hooks

I ended up going toc with this car, so no other feedback for you.