JDubKC
    :nono:Never heard of Trek Crosstrek... Really Trek? C'mon man
  • 12-07-2012
    dompedro3
    Im guessing there are some people on this team who are a little confused:
    Subaru Trek | Cycling Teams | Trek Bikes
  • 12-07-2012
    Glide the Clyde
    A page right out of the Speshy legal manual. Sue everyone who even hints at anything remotely resembling anything from Big S. Oh that's right, it's Big T.
  • 12-07-2012
    BigHit-Maniac
    Tree huggin hippie wars....

YYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
  • 12-07-2012
    pimpbot
    Yeah...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by poorboy006 View Post
    TREK Bikes v CROSSTREK Cars The Trademark Blog

Seems rather petty....thoughts?

seems petty to me. I don't think of Trek bikes at all when I see that Subaru Crosstrek. I don't think anybody else will confuse the two, or think they are related in any way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHit-Maniac View Post
    Tree huggin hippie wars....

YYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Huh?
  • 12-07-2012
    mimi1885
    It's such a nonsense lawsuit. Just like fuel, slash, session, remedy, lush, trek is just another word it's even more fitting for a Subaru model.
  • 12-07-2012
    mfisher1971
    ugh...

Ever-increasing corporate megalomania. In related news: Apple is suing the owner of a small German cafe named "Apfelkind" because she uses an apple as her logo. Nevermind that Apple encroached on Apple Records to begin with, way back in the 80s. Don't these companies know that petty nonsense like this does more to hurt their brand than protect?

At this rate, it won't be long until our iTunes accounts are linked to the produce section at the local grocery, and Steve Jobs' estate gets a royalty for every apple we eat.
  • 12-07-2012
    XJaredX
    Oh now I get it. I am a Subaru sales rep and each autumn they publish a list of Trek bikes I can get at a massive discount. This year we did not get a list and nobody at Subaru knew why. Makes sense now.

Oh and **** Trek, this is lame. I thought Specialized were the sue-happy industry giants!
  • 12-07-2012
    OscarW
    Another law-firm is going to make big $$ on this idiotic lawsuit. I hope Subaru wins this lunacy suit..
  • 12-07-2012
    Berkley
    Moot point now I guess...

Quote:

Meet the Team
    Performance off-road and on. That's what the Subaru-Trek partnership is all about. It's why they support the greatest pro racers in the world, as well as the International Mountain Bicycling Association. What's more, both are committed to a clean, healthy environment.
    Subaru Trek | Cycling Teams | Trek Bikes
  • 12-08-2012
    simple78
    I don't get it, kind of silly if you ask me. Is Trek hurting for money? I checked out the car, my wife has a Trek bike, I just shake my head at why everyone sues everyone for stupid things. On a side note I would purchase the car, but would never buy a Trek bike again. Things like this just put people off,
  • 12-08-2012
    bikeabuser
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bighit-maniac View Post
    tree huggin hippie wars....

Yyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

lol
  • 12-08-2012
    SS Hack
    Whatever studio owns the Star Trek franchise should sue Trek bikes. Now I can add Trek to the list of bikes I'd never consider.
  • 12-08-2012
    trodaq
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Malibu412 View Post
    A page right out of the Speshy legal manual. Sue everyone who even hints at anything remotely resembling anything from Big S. Oh that's right, it's Big T.

My first thought when I read the title :thumbsup:
  • 12-08-2012
    mimi1885
    Well Trek is about to get a big one from DW too. Remember this Singletrack Magazine | Dave Weagle to sue Trek over Split Pivot 'infringement'
    Finally it's happening.
  • 12-08-2012
    SoCalAl
    This reminds me of when Cannondale trademarked the term "freeride" leading to the Rocky Mountain Froriders. An equally stupid use of legal fees.
  • 12-08-2012
    jochribs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by simple78 View Post
    I don't get it, kind of silly if you ask me. Is Trek hurting for money? I checked out the car, my wife has a Trek bike, I just shake my head at why everyone sues everyone for stupid things. On a side note I would purchase the car, but would never buy a Trek bike again. Things like this just put people off,

Exactly, makes me want that WRX even more now. My last Trek will be the Top Fuel 9.9 SSL that they sent me for warranty a couple years ago. That frankly I can't even get rid of.

Makes me want to do a photo shoot of people who own Subaru's standing in front of their cars with different brand bikes than Trek...just a gigantic compilation...
  • 12-08-2012
    Wasmachineman NL
    Although im not a fan of Subaru, they and Volvo have the best AWD systems for their cars.
    OT: Trek is going the way of Apple, being a fcking patent troll, <3 patent-free/opensource
  • 12-08-2012
    SS Hack
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasmachineman NL View Post
    Although im not a fan of Subaru, they and Volvo have the best AWD systems for their cars.
    OT: Trek is going the way of Apple, being a fcking patent troll, <3 patent-free/opensource

Never speak ill of the cult of Apple or Subaru!
  • 12-08-2012
    OscarW
    This BS is all over the Subaru forums too. Many pi$$ed off Subaru owners who ride as well.
    IMHO this will backfire for Trek.
  • 12-08-2012
    mimi1885
    Especially Subaru sponsor(ed) the Mtb team with trek and Gary fisher.

Crosstrek as a Subaru model does not make me think of trek. Outback model however makes me hungry.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
  • 12-08-2012
    jochribs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Never speak ill of the cult of Apple or Subaru!

Do you mean Apple or Trek?
  • 12-08-2012
    SS Hack
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jochribs View Post
    Do you mean Apple or Trek?

Both Apple and Subaru were cult products at one time - they've gone more mainstream now. Trek seems like another big boring bike company.
  • 12-08-2012
    mimi1885
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasmachineman NL View Post

You mean going the way of Samsung being a patent thief:D

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk