Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 69 of 69
  1. #51
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,377
    ^^^ Shoulda gone after the MLB!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  2. #52
    T.W.O.
    Reputation: mimi1885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,011
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    ^^^ Shoulda gone after the MLB!
    Or PGA, and tennis.
    Dell, has Dell computer call you up yet


    Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,377
    yeah... but I let it go to voice-mail...problem solved!
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  4. #54
    T.W.O.
    Reputation: mimi1885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,011
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    yeah... but I let it go to voice-mail...problem solved!
    Ain't life grand.

  5. #55
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,377
    slam
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  6. #56
    T.W.O.
    Reputation: mimi1885's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,011
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    slam
    LMAO Winner!!

  7. #57
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    LMAO Winner!!
    WTF??? Why is there a SWAT team outside my house and a chopper overhead now?
    Honestly... ahh I give up

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: poorboy006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Of course "trek" was just a word before the bike company started using it. Subaru is backed by Toyota and Fuji Heavy Industrial, Trek will loss for lack of legal resources. Maybe they could working on making good bikes in the future instead of lawsuits.



    Then the customer wouldn't have to pay for lawyer fees and a second frame up front!

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33
    Man, I'm new to the forum but it seems there a lot of trek haters out there. I'm not saying this lawsuit is a positive thing but it's normal business for any company that wants to keep their trademarks. My understanding of the law is that, if you don't defend your trademark every time it is infringed, you loose the right to ownership of it. It may be the case that trek doesn't care if they win or not. They might just be filing to maintain ownership of the trademark.

    As far as the guys complaining about warranties, are all of the jabs being made by people who had a bad warranty experience or just guys jumping on the bandwagon? My personal experience with them is only positive. I had a carbon wheel warrantied once because a bungee cord crushed the carbon rim (my fault). They replaced the wheel. Had a bontranger tire fail. They replaced it. I have a buddy who crashed his madone and they replaced the frame no charge. Maybe I'm missing something?

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: poorboy006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    257

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33
    It was a set of wheels actually made by HED for bontranger. You can throw out that brand with trek as well.

    I guess I'm wrong Trek is the devil and all other brands are righteous.

  12. #62
    FKA Malibu412
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgyglfr View Post
    I guess I'm wrong Trek is the devil and all other brands are righteous.
    Uhh, not so much. From the brand I ride and one of a multitude of lawsuits.


    F U specialized for going after Epic Designs Adventure Cycling Gear
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33
    That's a funny quote in your signature Malibu.

    Yeah, I completely agree, these lawsuits are ridiculous and I am for the small guy. Personnay i think that an independant owner makes Better decisions for his/her own company as well as the community they live. I have experienced fist hand the ignorant decisions that the "leaders" or some corporations make. Often not in the companys best interest let alone the community/country they serve. That's actually how ended up with Treks. My LBS owner is a good friend and that's what they carry.

    I think a lot of it still lies in the laws themselves. They favor the big companies and force them to sue when it may not be an actual problem to them. You have to spend the money to sue or you loose your right to defend your trademark. Small guys don't have the money and the big guys take advantage of them. Maybe there's a lawyer out there who could explain it better than me.

  14. #64
    FKA Malibu412
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgyglfr View Post
    That's a funny quote in your signature Malibu.
    Thanks to Fo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bgyglfr View Post
    I think a lot of it still lies in the laws themselves. They favor the big companies and force them to sue when it may not be an actual problem to them. You have to spend the money to sue or you loose your right to defend your trademark. Small guys don't have the money and the big guys take advantage of them. Maybe there's a lawyer out there who could explain it better than me.
    And, maybe one can explain to who it is that keeps track of possible infringements then brings these to bear when a lawsuit is filed. Otherwords, if Trek failed to sue Subaru but later sued, say, Jeep because they had the name Trek in a product, would Trek have a less viable case because they didn't sue Subaru over the Crosstrek supposed name "infringement" ? Sounds like hiding behind a bunch of legal posturing bs to me.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33
    All I know is I have a buddy who owns a scuba shop who was in this situation. He told me that if he was forced to file a suit against someone he didn't feel was a risk to his business because if he didn't vigorously defend his brand name someone else could sue him and take it even though he was the first to use the name. Absolutely ignorant law if true.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    well, that'll make this jersey a bit awkward...
    That's an excellent point she should remove it at once!

  17. #67
    The Original Suspect
    Reputation: HitmenOnlyInc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,601
    While on the subject of meaningless law suits.

    In Chandler, Arizona there is a brewery and they had a beer called the Sun Devil Ale. Being in the Phoenix metro area tons of businesses use the words Sun Devil in the in their name because of the proximity to Arizona State University, who are the Sun Devils.

    Well, ASU started lawsuit proceedings with a stop and desist order saying that Sun Devil Ale infringed on ASU's copyright. Petty because if you go to Arizona's corporation commission web site and type in Sun Devil, literally 5 pages of businesses use Sun Devil in their name. ASU just didn't like the fact that it's name was associated with alcohol! WTF...the biggest party school in the nation...really? There's even a Sun Devil liquor in Tempe.

    Anyway San Tan Brewery changed the name of the brew to Devil's Ale rather than an expensive fight. Deep pockets prevail over the little guy.

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    While on the subject of meaningless law suits.

    In Chandler, Arizona there is a brewery and they had a beer called the Sun Devil Ale. Being in the Phoenix metro area tons of businesses use the words Sun Devil in the in their name because of the proximity to Arizona State University, who are the Sun Devils.

    Well, ASU started lawsuit proceedings with a stop and desist order saying that Sun Devil Ale infringed on ASU's copyright. Petty because if you go to Arizona's corporation commission web site and type in Sun Devil, literally 5 pages of businesses use Sun Devil in their name. ASU just didn't like the fact that it's name was associated with alcohol! WTF...the biggest party school in the nation...really? There's even a Sun Devil liquor in Tempe.

    Anyway San Tan Brewery changed the name of the brew to Devil's Ale rather than an expensive fight. Deep pockets prevail over the little guy.
    Sounds like a good enough reason to support the brewery. Ill be looking for some Devils ale next time I grab a six.

  19. #69
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,822
    Trek is now opening their own stores while they have Trek dealers within 5 miles of them down here. I wonder how long these LBS's are going to keep the brand in their stores before dumping them like yesterdays waste..
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •