No Clue Crew

Thule T2 v Yakima Holdup?

I'm pretty sure this is just gonna be a wash but I'm getting ready to purchase a Thule T2 and wondering if there are any solid reasons to get the Holdup instead? Besides the beer bottle opener on the rack itself?

I've got a $100 REI gift card and the T2 is on sale this weekend so I'm looking to pull the trigger shortly.

In researching the only thing I can see that the Yakima has that Thule doesn't is the trays will slide left and right to accommodate some handlebar -> seat contact. But, any bikes I'll be hauling will have adjustable posts so I think this point is mostly moot, although it would be a nice feature.

Thoughts...

29ers Forever
    Thule is what I would buy, and if it is less expensive, then there is no reason to not buy it.
    2013 Trek Cobia
    2013 Trek 3700 Disk
    2014 Trek Crossrip Elite
    2015 Raleigh Misceo- (for sale)
    1994 Cannondale R300

mtbr member
    I got a T2...and that thing is great. No fuss...set the bikes on and your done. Gonna ditch the roof rack on my Jetta Wagon and weld a hitch onto that. So I can use the T2 on both cars.

Only thing is the inner arm that hold the front wheel rubs the rear derailleur of the outer bike.

mtbr member
    i would highly recommend the T2 bike rack. i wanted the T2 but only had a 1.25" receiver hitch, so i went to the 990xt. the T2 is more solid.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

No Clue Crew
    I went with the T2 and can't say anything bad about it yet... Now if I could just find a cover for it so I can keep it on. I'm a little leery of leaving all that plastic baking in the hot AZ sun all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    i would highly recommend the T2 bike rack. i wanted the T2 but only had a 1.25" receiver hitch, so i went to the 990xt. the T2 is more solid.
    They make a 1.25" version...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Only thing is the inner arm that hold the front wheel rubs the rear derailleur of the outer bike.[/QUOTE]

If you loosen the allen bolts holding the rail you can slide it in or out a little to clear the rear derailleur.
    Enjoy every ride!