mtbr member

Thule Raceway Warning

Unfortunately the only rack option for my car is the 9001 Raceway. I liked it alot, seemed well made and used it four or five times a week. Last night I went to routinely tighten up the cables that secure the rack to the trunk, and the knob that tightens the ratchet completely spun/stripped in my hand. I think I had been tightening them too tight but not sure. So be careful if you own this. Do not try to tighten the ratchet as tight as you possibly can. Totally sucks cause I need to use it tomorrow, and my only quick option was to drive to REI and buy the exact model again. We'll see. Hope these things aren't 300.00 junk.

Schipperkes are cool.
    If you bought it new and have the receipt, Thule has lifetime warranty to the original owner. If the parts are not available they will send a whole rack out. I have a Helium that needed a a locking cable which did not exist in spare parts, they sent me the newest version of the Helium at no charge!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by banks View Post
    If you bought it new and have the receipt, Thule has lifetime warranty to the original owner. If the parts are not available they will send a whole rack out. I have a Helium that needed a a locking cable which did not exist in spare parts, they sent me the newest version of the Helium at no charge!

Hey thanks for looking out, man. I bought it online through rack-attack and cant find the receipt. I needed one by tomorrow am so it seemed easier to suck it up and buy another one. I will try to get a replacement for the original and probably donate it to someone. +1 for you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    good, to know, i was able to look at one with the platform and it seemed pretty nice, but i was probably going to be buying the 9001 and the idea of a lifetime warranty makes it a little easier to swallow the pricetag

Schipperkes are cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocop View Post
    Hey thanks for looking out, man. I bought it online through rack-attack and cant find the receipt. I needed one by tomorrow am so it seemed easier to suck it up and buy another one. .
    Rack Attack may have a receipt if you made an account but your credit card company should have records that can be emailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.