Thread: Thule Raceway

Just Ride

Thule Raceway

Did a quick search and only yielded one thread of someone with a stripping issue involving the ratcheting mech. No biggie I guess as there is a lifetime warranty. Anyone else use this and what are your impressions? El cheapo bike rack I have now dented the trunk on my fiance's car. So I plan to pick this up at some point in the future. Also how good is it for carbon frames if anyone uses one for their carbon bike? What other way would one suggest transporting a carbon bike? I don't own carbon yet, but it's at the top of my list by the end of next year.

Thule Raceway 2 Bike Carrier - Trunk Mount Thule Trunk Bike Racks TH9001
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I have the Thule Raceway Platform, it has the same framework that rests on the car as the Raceway. I like it and hasn't dented my car yet.

Just Ride
    I looked at the platform, but all the reviews I could find say it dented their trunk. This is the reason I'm looking for a new rack in the first place. The cheap one I have now already dented the fiances trunk.
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    I'm the one that had the stripping issue. Other than that, the rack was great. No dents, no clearcoat damage.