Thread: Thule Archway

mtbr member

Thule Archway

Hi all,

I am in the market for a trunk mounted bike rack for my gf's car. I have a Yakima Double Down Ace that is hitch mounted but my gf doesn't want to attach a hitch to her car, or a roof rack. So trunk mounted bike racks it is..

Anyway, I have read and seen a lot of threads on the Saris Bone but almost nothing on the Thule Archway. Is it because the Saris Bone is more superior? Or should I spend the extra +/- $ 40 for the Thule Raceway?

I was looking at the Archway because it has an integrated built in lock. Honestly would rather have a better bike rack and carry a cable to lock the bikes but since the bike rack would be for my gf, she would prefer something simple to install and also not worry about carrying an additional lock and cable.

Any thoughts on the Thule Archway would be great. Thanks!

P.S. this is my first post

code: mtbr2011
    I think the Archway is an excellent rack, and one of my favorites. Each bike arm is able to be adjusted independently, which allows mountain bikes (in particular) to be able to be mounted high enough off the ground and level.

The Thule Raceway, in terms of easy on/off the car is unparalleled. There are no extra straps to manage, and it is a very secure and solid trunk mounted rack.
    Both of them have a lock system integrated in. If you think you're going to be taking the rack on and off alot, the raceway is really a great choice.