mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Swagman XC4 vs. Thule T2?

I have read a ton on this site and others. I have narrowed my search to the above mentioned racks. The problem I have is most of the threads are older, some years older. I am looking for info to sway my decision one way or the other. For me a 4-bike rack for alot less seems to be the way to go while Thule has brand-name power and a cult like following. Help me out. Is there any new info out there? Has either model been changed or updated recently?

In addition, I have some concerns about the rear mounted racks in general. Do any of you have problems with the brake lights being obstructed by the bikes. Is this more of a concern with 4 back there or does the rise in the Swagman account for that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If you have the $$ for the Thule, go for that. All the threads about it basically show that it is a solid and well designed rack with very few drawbacks or compromises.

The Swagman (XC2+2 is more versatile than the XC4 IMO) is a very affordable and functional rack providing most of the functionality as a T2, but with some significant downsides already discussed in other threads.

Good luck with your decision.

tk