mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Swagman SEMI 2.0 Hitch Rack

I recently purchased the new Swagman SEMI 2.0 Hitch Rack and am very pleased with the overall quality and value. Prior to purchasing the Swagman, I looked at the Yakima Hold Up and the Thule T2 XTR and my final decision was based on overall value and the fit and finish details. The SEMI 2.0 is easy to assemble, quick to install, and simple to secure your bike(s). Since I have 2 carbon bikes, I really like that there is zero frame contact from the rack. You don't have to remove a wheel, just load your bike, secure the front and rear wheel and voila! you are on your way. I also really like that the locking hitch pin and cable are included (great value) and that this rack tilts back to allow easy access to the back of my SUV without having to unload the bikes. Fantastic design that looks good and functions better, kudos to Swagman!

Swagman SEMI 2.0 Hitch Rack-photo-9-.jpgSwagman SEMI 2.0 Hitch Rack-photo-10-.jpgSwagman SEMI 2.0 Hitch Rack-photo-11-.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    where did you get it, how much does it cost, and how much does it weigh?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Got mine at the LBS (So.Cal) I paid $399, but found it online here:
    Swagman Semi 2.0 Bike Hitch Rack - 64685 : Hitch Racks
    Not sure about the weight, I've already thrown out the box, it feels like 25 -30 lbs (my guess)

Elitest thrill junkie
    Looks like a carbon copy of the Thule T2 in terms of function.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Any idea if you can buy an expansion for 2 more bikes? I came across the same model that comes as 2 pieces for 4 bikes, but it is super pricey, wondering if I can buy 2 now and get 2 later when the kiddo gets bigger.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Not sure... But I looked at mine after I saw your message and it doesn't appear capable of expansion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just called them and the lady said in the future they are planning to but now its either the semi 2.0 for $360 or the 4.0 which is a 2 bike tray and an additional 2 bike tray addon for $610, you can't buy just half of it.... booooo

Do you think this would work good on an F150 with access to the back of the truck? I keep a lot of my biking gear in my truck and have a camper top so I'll need to lower tailgate to access my goodies....

Thanks