Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jnicosia View Post
    I would like to but I have an LL bean $500 credit I need to use so it's tule for me.

Does your hitch feed through the bumper? Or is it just under it
    I also have the Curt hitch. It goes under the bumper. It's under $200, so you're not going to get the slick invisi-hitch installation that the expensive ones have, but it works perfectly and as said takes almost no time at all to install. I did mine alone in under half an hour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Subaru XV Crosstrek-1.jpg  

Subaru XV Crosstrek-2.jpg  

// '14 Giant Trance Advanced
    // '15 Rocky Mountain Sherpa
    // '17 Cannondale Scalpel-Si
    // '15 Specialized Fatboy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seventh-777 View Post
    I also have the Curt hitch. It goes under the bumper. It's under $200, so you're not going to get the slick invisi-hitch installation that the expensive ones have, but it works perfectly and as said takes almost no time at all to install. I did mine alone in under half an hour.
    Uhaul can install one for $199 . Sounds like the same thing . Most hitches are made by draw tight
    2014 YETI SB95C , KS LEV seat post,Nextie Carbon Wheelset/Hope Hubs/27lbs
    Framed Alaskan Carbon X1 /26lbs/Nextie Hoops.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jnicosia View Post
    Uhaul can install one for $199 . Sounds like the same thing . Most hitches are made by draw tight
    $115 on Amazon. Well worth the DIY.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VXTRLC/

mtbr member
    I just heard from my dealer that since I have the hybrid model thier computer system won't even allow them to order

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I installed the Torklift Ecohitch and the installation was not that difficult (if you are somewhat handy) and it's nice and sturdy. I also like that it doesn't effect my ground clearance and is hidden. The only downside is that the hitch pin is a little harder to reach to install and remove. It may cost a little bit more, but for the additional strength, looks, ground clearance, and security, it's worth it in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Subaru XV Crosstrek

Here's a pic:

Okay, so you can't see the hitch. I'll take a better pic and upload later. Although you won't be able to see the hitch even then... :-)

Your Best Friend
    With the normal hitch, when my two bike 1up is in the stowed position, I can still open my rear hatch and it just clears the rack. If I had a hidden hitch it would raise the rack a couple of inches, making so I'd have to lower the rack just to get into the trunk.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Delivered this to a lucky customer yesterday. IT'S SO BRIGHT.

Subaru XV Crosstrek-img_20150321_140923.jpg
    '15 Specialized Fatboy
    '14 Kona Zone Two
    '13 Surly Big Dummy

Your Best Friend
    Wow. New color?

stoked gnar shred
    special edition....limited quantities
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yeah its a Premium with some extra bits and yellow paint
    '15 Specialized Fatboy
    '14 Kona Zone Two
    '13 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    I have the curt and is was kind of a pain in the ass with the clamps and screws. I would have preferred bolt on but its a great hitch. I have the kuat NV and you can see the license plate with the rack folded up. That was a plus for me

Your Best Friend
    I curious. My Curt was completely bolt on. No clamps. Wonder how we got different versions. Mine is a 2" receiver.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I have the curt 2" and besides having to enlarge two of the holes it was a straightforward installation. I'm almost certain the 1.25" model installs the same.

mtbr member
    Maybe I explained it wrong I had to widen the holes and then get the bolts with the metal spacers up into the frame then tighten. It was not fun in the slightest

mtbr member
    Took the XV on a fun little road in Big Bear, CA and got her a little dirty. For anyone in the area, Skyline and every other trail on that network are free of snow.

Subaru XV Crosstrek-imageuploadedbytapatalk1428106261.251722.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hope you beat ran it - they like abuse.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Hope you beat ran it - they like abuse.
    Drove a bit daintily, with two dogs in the back. Good time, no matter!

mtbr member
    "a clean Subaru is a suspicious Subaru" is my motto.
    buzzes like a fridge

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

Joined the club

2015 Premium CVT. Brought it home at noon and had the hitch installed by 3 so I can ride tomorrow.

IMG_0890 by dbozman1173, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Which hitch Blatant?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I just picked one up from U-Haul; those are typically Curt hitches in my experience. Not as clean-looking as the Eco one, but it was fast, cheaper, easier to install and my rack stays on all the time anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectZero View Post
    "a clean Subaru is a suspicious Subaru" is my motto.
    I bought my Outback 3.6R in November and haven't washed it yet. It's taken me and my bike on about 50 rides so there is as much dirt inside as there is outside. Still a nice comfy ride to work too
    Last edited by KevinGT; 04-13-2015 at 02:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Just picked up my 5speed premium ice silver today. Hitch is next to buy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad_M View Post
    Just picked up my 5speed premium ice silver today. Hitch is next to buy.
    Nice, congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Just got this assembled today =D
    EcoHitch + Kuat

mtbr member
    Looks great! How did the installation go for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Menel View Post
    Just got this assembled today =D
    EcoHitch + Kuat

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Torklift Central View Post
    Looks great! How did the installation go for you?
    Which part? your EcoHitch? It was a good weekend project with my father a month or two back. Better part of an afternoon.

The Kuat is new, and finally getting to use the hitch. Went smoothly also. Included docs made it easy to bolt right together, all of 4 bolts for the bike carrier legs. And right in. Clearance to the muffler is close, but I've done 30 miles, and doesn't seem to be a problem.

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Maybe when a turbodiesel version with manual tranny comes out.....I'll be interested(I had a 2006 STi before). Otherwise, it's MEH. The motor is very buzzy and sounds like it's gonna blow a seal trying to climb anything.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I have a new '15 and don't find either of your statements to be true.

mtbr member
    Glad to hear everything went smoothly for you. Really like how the orange accents on the rack match your Crosstrek’s paint job. Let us know how it goes with the EcoHitch and Kuat combo once you’ve had a chance to put a few more miles on the setup. Would love to see more pics.

Which part? your EcoHitch? It was a good weekend project with my father a month or two back. Better part of an afternoon.

The Kuat is new, and finally getting to use the hitch. Went smoothly also. Included docs made it easy to bolt right together, all of 4 bolts for the bike carrier legs. And right in. Clearance to the muffler is close, but I've done 30 miles, and doesn't seem to be a problem.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    My 2014 XV with Curt 2" hitch and Yakima HoldUp 2" Receiver Rack. Hitch install was 30-45 minutes. Easy peasy. Took longer to assemble the Yakima rack out of the box.

I love the convenience of this setup for hauling my bikes. I remove the rack after every time I use it...I like to keep the XV clean for everyday driving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Subaru XV Crosstrek-img_2475.jpg  

Captain Climber
    Quote Originally Posted by cjpxc View Post
    My 2014 XV with Curt 2" hitch and Yakima HoldUp 2" Receiver Rack. Hitch install was 30-45 minutes. Easy peasy. Took longer to assemble the Yakima rack out of the box.

I love the convenience of this setup for hauling my bikes. I remove the rack after every time I use it...I like to keep the XV clean for everyday driving.
    Nice! That is my exact setup except I put mine on my Imprezza sport and not my wife's XV. I had to reem the holes in my frame or I would have been done in five minutes with the curt 2". I love my holdup too

Subaru XV Crosstrek-960433d1422747421-new-canfield-brothers-nimble-9-20150131_160711.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Had to ream holes in frame as well. As you know, the XV crosstrek is basically an impreza 4+" higher off the ground.

mtbr member
    I also have a 2015 Crosstreck XV 5MT. I use a trunk mount to carry my bikes, the Thule Raceway 9001 PRO. Very expensive at $370, but a solid, well designed product.

The Eco hitch is really elegant but crawling under the car to set a pin is not exactly ideal. And hitch mounts sway too much for my liking. Also, I like the option of putting my bike and bike carrier in the car if the weather turns really miserable.
    Last edited by serious; 04-25-2015 at 09:57 PM.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

WP Local
    FWIW.....
    I had a 2014 XV manual for 10 months in Colorado. I really wanted to love this little car but the engine power made me sell it and get an Xterra. I kept trying to convince myself that it was great, and I really didn't need to get up the hills or pass anyone any faster then it could go...then one Saturday my wife drove it up to the mountains and when she came back she said "I don't know how you put up with this anemic car". That was it, I traded it in on the following Monday and GLADLY took a $5k hit to just be done with it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Isn't the Xterra discontinued?

WP Local
    I have heard that this may be the case, but Nissan isn't saying this... One thing I will say about the Suburu is it averaged 28mpg and the Xterra averages 18.5mpg.

The engine in the XV is a problem that once resolved (Maybe an eco-diesel?), should make this a great car, provided that they keep the price point.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The 2.5 would've done the trick. It's too bad they're killing the Xterra - not many real off road rigs left.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WP Local View Post
    FWIW.....
    I had a 2014 XV manual for 10 months in Colorado. I really wanted to love this little car but the engine power made me sell it and get an Xterra. I kept trying to convince myself that it was great, and I really didn't need to get up the hills or pass anyone any faster then it could go...then one Saturday my wife drove it up to the mountains and when she came back she said "I don't know how you put up with this anemic car". That was it, I traded it in on the following Monday and GLADLY took a $5k hit to just be done with it.
    You lose about 3% hp for every 1000ft in elevation due to the thinner air. A turbo model would likely solve the issue, lag increases a little with elevation, but once it reaches boost there's no HP loss. A forester XT would have been a good choice given the excellent fuel economy and turbo engine. Also, if subaru offered their boxer turbo diesel engine which has won several awards and is a pretty slick design.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by serious View Post
    I also have a 2015 Crosstreck XV 5MT. I use a trunk mount to carry my bikes, the Thule Raceway 9001 PRO. Very expensive at $370, but a solid, well designed product.

The Eco hitch is really elegant but crawling under the car to set a pin is not exactly ideal. And hitch mounts sway too much for my liking. Also, I like the option of putting my bike and bike carrier in the car if the weather turns really miserable.
    I have crawled under once when I installed my Kuat NV.
    And a second and third time taking it off, and putting it back on the a roadtrip that didn't involve bike. Its pretty rare. Otherwise I leave it on fulltime as I carry bikes 3-5days of the week.

Kuat doesn't sway, it has a ballbearing system that tightens in the hitch. Robust and stable.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Torklift Central View Post
    Glad to hear everything went smoothly for you. Really like how the orange accents on the rack match your Crosstrek’s paint job. Let us know how it goes with the EcoHitch and Kuat combo once you’ve had a chance to put a few more miles on the setup. Would love to see more pics.
    Its doing great.

Lots of compliments. Coworkers I ride with noted the 'cadillac of carriers'. And their observations that it doesn't sway like theirs.

Wife and I on a Sunday trail outing.

mtbr member
    I caved in and just went to Uhaul. $200 installed.

It's not as bad looking as you think when you see it in person.

Subaru XV Crosstrek-20150428_180943.jpg

Subaru XV Crosstrek-20150423_100741.jpg

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    It's even better when you take off the UHaul sticker.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    It's even better when you take off the UHaul sticker.
    Yes, I will do that . I started but it was tearing so I'll heat it up a little then peel it .

dpo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi all, I have a few questions. I just picked up my 2015 today...I have always had a pick up so I know zero about bike racks carriers and hitches. I want one for the rear as opposed to the roof, should I just go to uhaul and get a hitch installed and then go buy a rack? And which of those do you recommend ? I live in sac and can go to either rei or my bike shop. Again...complete newb on carriers here so want to do this right the first time. Thx for any replies!

It will need to carry 2 bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dpo View Post
    Hi all, I have a few questions. I just picked up my 2015 today...I have always had a pick up so I know zero about bike racks carriers and hitches. I want one for the rear as opposed to the roof, should I just go to uhaul and get a hitch installed and then go buy a rack? And which of those do you recommend ? I live in sac and can go to either rei or my bike shop. Again...complete newb on carriers here so want to do this right the first time. Thx for any replies!
    I had my hitch dealer installed as part of the negotiation. Bicycle Guys in Eldorado Hills sells/installs hitch and racks. Make sure you go with the 2" receiver. I did a lot of research and decided on the Kuat NV. My other choice was the 1Up. I thought the Kuat looked nicer and was $100 less.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Etrailer.Com

dpo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the replies guys...much appreciated. So I found I have a UH very close to me and got the hitch done real quick today for around 200.00. Both shops near me wont have anymore Kuats until tues/ wed. I have come down to either the Kuat or the Yakima holdup 2 which is 200.00 less. But I am wondering if it's worth saving the 200.00 and getting that one or waiting a few days for the Kuat enve. Is it actually worth the 2 bills extra? I realize after reading here that many like it and consider it the caddy of carriers..but seriously...200.00 more?

Brings me to another question...has anyone here ever had a rack taken while they were out on the trail? That would suck...maybe I dont want a pretty one...lol
    Last edited by dpo; 05-30-2015 at 07:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Thanks for the replies guys...much appreciated. So I found I have a UH very close to me and got the hitch done real quick today for around 200.00. Both shops near me wont have anymore Kuats until tues/ wed. I have come down to either the Kuat or the Yakima holdup 2 which is 200.00 less. But I am wondering if it's worth saving the 200.00 and getting that one or waiting a few days for the Kuat enve. Is it actually worth the 2 bills extra? I realize after reading here that many like it and consider it the caddy of carriers..but seriously...200.00 more?
    I'm pretty thrifty and don't like to waste $$...the quality and look of the Kuat NV (I have the grey with orange accents) are well worth it. My friends have rack envy.

dpo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    delete

Your Best Friend
    1 up is "the caddy" of carriers. Thule is more like Toyota, Kuat is more like Kia (nice looks sucker you in). Just my honest opinion.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Kuat is Mercedes, one up is jeep. Thule 4 bike sucks IMO

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    All based on 4 bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

Brings me to another question...has anyone here ever had a rack taken while they were out on the trail? That would suck...maybe I dont want a pretty one...lol
    Kuat comes with locks, hitch pin lock, cable lock system integrated.

Doublecheck, but I think you have to pay for extra accessories for the Yakima. I think it brings price delta closer.

Kuat is all in
    Yakima still needs to buy extras.

dpo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks guys...very very helpful

One more question...I have seen posts here saying the Sherpa is good unless you have a DH bike? Why exactly is that? size? Weight? I have a trek 29er ...not DH bike but I would think a bike carrier would handle both equally. Is it the weight of the DH bike that is a problem for the sherpa? A bit confused here....also my 29er has a 44.7 in wheel base I wonder if the sherpa will still work...it says 44.5
    Last edited by dpo; 05-31-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Your Best Friend
    It isn't weight, it's wheelbase. Your 29er will be hanging precariously off the side.

dpo
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Well I went with the Sherpa...in black for a quartz blue pearl Crosstrek. My only slight disappointment with it is the swivel lock, the one for tilting it down or folding it up, it wobbles a bit...like 1/8-1/4 in play. not a big deal...but for that kind of money there shouldn't be any play on any part anywhere. Bike fits perfect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Well I went with the Sherpa...in black for a quartz blue pearl Crosstrek. My only slight disappointment with it is the swivel lock, the one for tilting it down or folding it up, it wobbles a bit...like 1/8-1/4 in play. not a big deal...but for that kind of money there shouldn't be any play on any part anywhere. Bike fits perfect.
    That's odd, just pulled up website, it looks like the same mechanism from my NV, and it's very solid. Locks in with a very nice chu-chink.

You tightened the lower cam knob?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    [QUOTE=Menel;11998304]That's odd, just pulled up website, it looks like the same mechanism from my NV, and it's very solid. Locks in with a very nice chu-chink.

You tightened the lower cam knob?[/QUOTE

I agree with Menel, there should be little to no wobble if properly installed.

Your Best Friend
    Anyone else seen the August 2015 issue of Motor Trend magazine? They did a 6 car comparison of CUV's to include the XV. I don't want to spoil it but the XV won

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I skimmed the online version. Very cool. My wife loves hers and I love driving it. It's almost as snappy in the turns as my old 2011 WRX (just less power, obviously). It is a great car.

mtbr member
    So as I'm sitting here in the passenger seat of a XV while my wife test drives a 2015 Limited, I was thinking someone here could help with pricing. I was told $800 below invoice. I'm assuming that is pretty good without haggling but wanted to see what others thought. Is it good, average or not so good? Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    That is decent for this time of year if you are "on your own". They are probably motivated for the new 2016's which I would expect to be announced in the next month or two, and available shortly after.

FYI: The Suby IMBA VIP pricing is 2% below invoice (no haggle) on the car and all accessories bought at the original purchase. But you have to have been an active member for 6 months to qualify.

Your Best Friend
    I'd take what you can get on the XV. They sell them fast enough as is and the depreciation is only 36% over five years so even used ones are relatively expensive. The 15 is a great year for the XV.

mtbr member
    Thanks. I think we are going to take it. I mostly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. May not be a rock bottom price but it was completely hassle free as the salesman is a friend of mine. It also has the right options we want and we both agree on the color. Thanks again for the moral support

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Cool, congrats on the purchase. My wife loves hers. It is a great car.

mtbr member
    I'm a recent Subaru convert and absolutely love mine.

Subaru is a customer of mine so I know several people in the supply chain side of the business. But I've also gotten to meet some of the folks at the Indianapolis plant and taken the "behind the scenes" tour. It's a fantastic plant and the employees really do take a lot of pride in what they do. I've also toured BMW's Spartanburg, SC plant and Toyota's Lexington, KY plant. The Subaru plant stands far above the others.

Their biggest challenge is keeping up with demand. They currently make Toyota Camry's in their Indy plant but are kicking them out to make room for more Subarus.

I ended up trading in a BMW 335i for an Outback 3.6R and haven't regretted it a bit. I also like that Subaru sponsors IMBA. Great company and great cars.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    With the normal hitch, when my two bike 1up is in the stowed position, I can still open my rear hatch and it just clears the rack. If I had a hidden hitch it would raise the rack a couple of inches, making so I'd have to lower the rack just to get into the trunk.
    Can you open the rear hatch with the Torklift hidden hitch and (one tray) 1up in stowed position?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by deno View Post
    Can you open the rear hatch with the Torklift hidden hitch and (one tray) 1up in stowed position?
    Yes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kragu View Post
    Yes.
    Do you (or anyone else) have a picture of this setup. My Google fu has come up short.

Would really appreciate it! Unexpectedly car shopping tomorrow due to being rear ended. Trying to figure out my options.

Thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    So as I'm sitting here in the passenger seat of a XV while my wife test drives a 2015 Limited, I was thinking someone here could help with pricing. I was told $800 below invoice. I'm assuming that is pretty good without haggling but wanted to see what others thought. Is it good, average or not so good? Thanks
    So to follow up on my question, we ended up getting the XV. It was delivered to me last Tuesday. It is a 2015 Limited with the Navigation / Moonroof package. We ended up being $800 below invoice and they bumped the powertrain warranty to 10 years / 100k miles. So far it has been fantastic. I am 600 miles in at 32.4 MPG on the display.

Your Best Friend
    I don't know for sure since that's not what I have. I would guess that yes, with one tray, you could.

mtbr member
    Im about to pull the trigger on a 2015 Crosstrek, I had read in a review that the factory navigation system wasn't too impressive, can anyone comment on that? Also, I was told for 2015 you cant get satellite radio with a sunroof (because satellite radio is now coupled with eyesight and eyesight is not available with sunroof.) That doesn't seem right.
    ...honestly, I will likely just add a satellite tuner, so this isn't a deal breaker...thoughts?
    Hey, is that a Huffy? That's a nice-lookin' bike, boy!

mtbr member
    I have a '14, I'm not sure if the nav system is different now, so having said that... I don't mind it now that I'm used to it but the UI for it is absolutely freakin' awful.

The actual navigation is pretty reliable, though I think the XM traffic service is just about useless (it'll often tell me my route is clear when I'm sitting in gridlock, or report a 20 minute delay when Google/Local radio says it's clear).

Not sure about the 2015 sat/sunroof thing either - I have sat and a sunroof in my 14. Assuming they kept the slick Aux jack in the center console, you should have plenty of clean wiring options to add a standalone unit later.

Your Best Friend
    I have a 15. The navigation is way improved over the previous two years and is the best one of owned. I opted out of it on my 13 but glad I went for it on the 15. I did opt out of the eyesight system because I know how to drive and don't need a virtual babysitter. My car still has EVERYTHING else, including satellite radio and the sun roof.

mtbr member
    I have the same car as Silentfoe, and don't use the nav at all. It's not for lack of being decent, just that Waze is so much better. Gives me the option to select different routes, tells me how long I'll be sitting in traffic, tells me where cops are... I don't know of a factory nav that does all that.

That said, I didn't buy that trim for the nav. Sun roof, for the win!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Monkey View Post
    Im about to pull the trigger on a 2015 Crosstrek, I had read in a review that the factory navigation system wasn't too impressive, can anyone comment on that? Also, I was told for 2015 you cant get satellite radio with a sunroof (because satellite radio is now coupled with eyesight and eyesight is not available with sunroof.) That doesn't seem right.
    ...honestly, I will likely just add a satellite tuner, so this isn't a deal breaker...thoughts?
    You are correct that you can only get satellite radio in a Premium with eyesight and no moonroof. I agree that it makes no sense. Satellite does come standard in the Limited model. The price of a Premium with Eyesight is similar to a Limited (both with CVT). I faced the same dilemma and went with the Limited.

mtbr member
    I assume the nav is the same as my '15 Outback and I think it's fantastic. My BMW's nav was laughably bad. It was one of the three reasons I dumped the car.

My Outback's nav and interface is very good-- but my opinion may be skewed by how bad my BMWs was. The only thing I despise is not being able to enter addresses while driving. There's probably a way to override that "feature" but it locks out any nav entries other than choosing a route and accessing a favorite, any time the car is moving.

I rented a Toyota Avalon a few weeks ago and the nav interface was very similar to the Outback's. Given the close relationship between Subaru and Toyota, it wouldn't surprise me if the nav systems were shared.

And that's interesting you can't get a Crosstrek with Satellite AND a moonroof. I have satellite, nav, moonroof, keyless, and no eyesight.

mtbr member
    Guys, thanks for the info. Yeah, I think the guy at the dealership is confused. I'm going to confirm the combo today hopefully. There is no way that the Satellite/moonroof is not a doable configuration. I wasn't really concerned about the navigation, but I'm starting to think it would be nice, although a bit redundant with the plethora of smart phone apps. My only 2 big must haves, Desert Khaki w/moonroof

Your Best Friend
    The 15's have many improvements over previous years. Get a limited and don't look back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Monkey View Post
    2015 XV 2.0i Limited has two option packages available.

Moonroof + Navigation System + Keyless Access with Push-Button Start

or

Moonroof + Navigation System + Keyless Access with Push-Button Start + EyeSight®

If you look further...

STARLINK™ 7-inch Multimedia Navigation
    Voice-activated GPS navigation system with 7-inch high-resolution touch-screen HD Radio® premium audio system, STARLINK™ smartphone integration[1], SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio, NavTraffic, and NavWeather[5], single-disc CD player, 6 speakers, USB port/iPod® control, Bluetooth® audio streaming, and hands-free phone connectivity

Subaru Cars, Sedans, SUVs, Crossovers, Wagons | Subaru of America
    I like bikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yzedf View Post
    2015 XV 2.0i Limited has two option packages available.

Moonroof + Navigation System + Keyless Access with Push-Button Start

or

Moonroof + Navigation System + Keyless Access with Push-Button Start + EyeSight®

If you look further...

STARLINK™ 7-inch Multimedia Navigation
    Voice-activated GPS navigation system with 7-inch high-resolution touch-screen HD Radio® premium audio system, STARLINK™ smartphone integration[1], SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio, NavTraffic, and NavWeather[5], single-disc CD player, 6 speakers, USB port/iPod® control, Bluetooth® audio streaming, and hands-free phone connectivity

Subaru Cars, Sedans, SUVs, Crossovers, Wagons | Subaru of America
    Exactly the same options packages as the Outback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheatgerm View Post
    You are correct that you can only get satellite radio in a Premium with eyesight and no moonroof. I agree that it makes no sense. Satellite does come standard in the Limited model. The price of a Premium with Eyesight is similar to a Limited (both with CVT). I faced the same dilemma and went with the Limited.
    That is exactly right. I got clarification today. Yes, I would have to get the limited to achieve the desired option combo...kind of goofy..

I may just get the car They originally found for me. 2015 with moonroof (minus the satellite and Nav) for $23,900 I don't really want leather, but still wouldn't mind the satellite and Nav....Oh, the dilemmas....

Your Best Friend
    Leather is sooo easy to clean and maintain. I don't understand the reasons why any outdoor enthusiast would not want leather if they could afford it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Leather is sooo easy to clean and maintain. I don't understand the reasons why any outdoor enthusiast would not want leather if they could afford it.

Simple.

Cold seats as the Arctic in the Winter until the seat warmers kick in.
    Hot seats in the Summer until AC catches up.

That is why I love their Premium package with the All-Weather option.
    The fabric seats are warmer to start in the Winter and warm up way faster than leather.
    Then the fabric seats are also much cooler in the Summer.

I get the whole cleaning advantage for leather, but it is less of a problem for me than the other issues.

mtbr member

Cause it gets HOT in AZ during the summer time, lol
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chader09 View Post
    Simple.

The fabric seats are warmer to start in the Winter and warm up way faster than leather.

I get the whole cleaning advantage for leather, but it is less of a problem for me than the other issues.
    Exactly! I don't like leather seat summer swamp ass! Lol
    Also I have seen irreparable scuff marks from dog claws on leather..less of a problem, but when it happens, its not cool. I would probably cover any seat with a quality, cover as I'm always into something dirty, and while I don't care what the outside of my vehicle looks like, I like the inside to look and be clean.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Chader09 View Post
    Simple.

Allergens. Dust. I cover up all carpet in my cars. Weathertech full coverage floor mats.

Dealer did aftermarket catskin perforated leather install on my Crosstrek 5MT.

This is my third black leather interior... in the deep south, GA and summer heat doesn't bother me. Growing up never had leather. Then ended up by flip of coin in college, used car with leather. And noticed in the summer, how much easier I could breath, and how much less stuffy and more pleasant it is.

Sweat doesn't soak into leather, like with cloth. I still try to change before getting back in car, but it's not the end of the world if I, or a guest doesn't. It's an easy wipe down with some meguiars leather conditioner.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Does anyone put there mountain bike in the back of the Crosstrek? If so how easy it?

I'm looking into cars and this is one I am intriqued by but I currently live in an apartment without a garage and taking the hitch rack on and off frequently would be a pain.

I usually just transport 1 bike so far the quick trips to the trails I was wondering if this was plausible/ a good idea.

Thanks

Your Best Friend
    I'm sure you could if you took one wheel off.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears32 View Post
    Does anyone put there mountain bike in the back of the Crosstrek? If so how easy it?

I'm looking into cars and this is one I am intriqued by but I currently live in an apartment without a garage and taking the hitch rack on and off frequently would be a pain.

I usually just transport 1 bike so far the quick trips to the trails I was wondering if this was plausible/ a good idea.

Thanks
    Road bikes fit fine on the side with the front wheel on. But I suspect you will have to pull the wheel to fit a MTB.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Ok. Thanks. I am fine with pulling the front wheel off.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears32 View Post

Thanks
    Yes, have done a size 17 or 18 hardtail with front wheel off.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Yes, have done a size 17 or 18 hardtail with front wheel off.

Room to spare? My bike is a little bigger

mtbr member
    Subaru XV Crosstrek-photo-2-.jpg
    Size large Rocky mtn altitude with the front seats all the way back.
    Its tight but it fits.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    With 2 bikes on the Kuat hitch carrier.
    Love this car!
    Subaru XV Crosstrek-imageuploadedbytapatalk1439212403.689110.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Two bikes on the back.
    Love how the hitch carrier keeps bikes within the airstream.

Subaru XV Crosstrek-imageuploadedbytapatalk1439814823.848814.jpg

Subaru XV Crosstrek-imageuploadedbytapatalk1439814835.554161.jpg

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Love the look of the black sports grill with the orange.

Soon to be shopping for a Crosstrek, not sure I can justify the cost for that though
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Crosstrek owners! Are any of you golfers as well? I was wondering if you can fit 1 or 2 sets of golf clubs in the back without lowering the back seats.

Thanks

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 193