mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Sportworks T2 and Thule's 918XTR extension

Does anyone know if the two are compatible?

Has anyone tried mounting the two? I know the hitch lock from the T2 is not compatible with the Sportworks so I'm wondering about this one before I buy it

Denver Lowlife
    Quote Originally Posted by TACORICAN View Post
    Does anyone know if the two are compatible?

Has anyone tried mounting the two? I know the hitch lock from the T2 is not compatible with the Sportworks so I'm wondering about this one before I buy it
    I know this is an old thread but I can answer this question, if you haven't already figured it out. Yes, the Thule extension will bolt right on. I have this setup.
    Skid = Squid

og1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by super88 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I can answer this question, if you haven't already figured it out. Yes, the Thule extension will bolt right on. I have this setup.
    I have a sportworks t2 and a thule extension. It won't bolt right on. The holes in the end of sport works t2 aren't in the right place for the thule extension. Easily fixed by drilling 2 holes though.

Denver Lowlife
    Quote Originally Posted by og1 View Post
    I have a sportworks t2 and a thule extension. It won't bolt right on. The holes in the end of sport works t2 aren't in the right place for the thule extension. Easily fixed by drilling 2 holes though.
    Hmmm... That's odd. Maybe my Sportworks T2 is a different vintage from yours. My Thule extension does have to be pulled back out about 1/2" from its bottomed out position in order for the holes to line up, but the spacing and position of the holes is otherwise consistent... on mine. Either way, easy work-around.
    Skid = Squid

og1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by super88 View Post
    Hmmm... That's odd. Maybe my Sportworks T2 is a different vintage from yours. My Thule extension does have to be pulled back out about 1/2" from its bottomed out position in order for the holes to line up, but the spacing and position of the holes is otherwise consistent... on mine. Either way, easy work-around.
    Entirely possible. Mine was off in the opposite direction and would need to be pushed in another 1-2" if I remember correctly. It was moot for me either way I made my own new backbones for the extension parts so I could just add a 3rd tray or 3rd and 4th. I simply made them with the hole locations to fit my sport works rack.

mtbr member
    My Sportworks bolted right up to the Thule extension too.