mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Sportworks T2 Locking Hitch Pin Wanted

I recently purchased a used T2 2-bike rack for my 2" receiver and it did not come with a hitch pin lock. I've been searching for one and had the LBS call the Thule representative to no avail. Any suggestions as to where I can get a hitch pin lock for this rack?

rbtm member
    Jan 2004
    Your LBS sucks . Search for "Thule Snug-Tite Lock". Practically every place that sells Thule has them.
    [SIZE=1]"The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Not a match

I wish it were that simple - everyone carries those Thule locks. The Thule "Snug-Tite" lock is not even close to fitting. It seems that Sportworks and Thule were not on the same page on the component. The Sportworks bolt is about 50% larger in diameter compared to Thule.

rbtm member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Road2MtnConvert
    I wish it were that simple - everyone carries those Thule locks. The Thule "Snug-Tite" lock is not even close to fitting. It seems that Sportworks and Thule were not on the same page on the component. The Sportworks bolt is about 50% larger in diameter compared to Thule.
    Whoops, sorry, I saw T2 and automatically thought Thule. It's definitely hard to find parts for the old Sportsworks. I know because I also have one.

One thing that might be worth trying is an RV place. They definitely have locking hitch pins and if you bring in your bolt they might have one that matches the threads. I've also seen (at Target or Walmart or something) generic anti-sway locking pins that come with their own nut that may be small enough to go through the nut on the rack. Not ideal but might be ok with some washers.

I myself would probably just cut out the old nut on the rack and weld in something more common.

Good luck!
    [SIZE=1]"The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Thanks Mr. Bob!

I'm going to keep searching before doing some "custom" modifications, but definitely appreciate your thoughts and ideas. I think I'm living on borrowed time leaving my rack on without a lock, though I do remove when not in use.