mtbr member
    May 2008

Slikfit truck rack

Anybody using one or have comments?

http://www.slikfit.com/servlet/the-2...C-truck/Detail

thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Is it plastic? The way it mounts to the bed is pretty slick (ha), but the mounting clamps look like they're plastic and that is something I would NOT trust at all.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I had the same concerns with the rack. I called the manufacturer. The bar and fork mounts are aluminium and the clamps are steel. The bolts are stainless steel and every thing has a powder coat finish.

I just ordered one. I will write up a short review once it arrives.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Did you ever order this rack? Have you been happy with it so far? I'm thinking about getting one for my truck.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I did get the rack and two extra mounts so that I could carry four bikes. I used it all last summer and had no issues. It is easy to get on and off the truck and once clamped to the bed rails is very solid. The locking skewers provide a bit of theft deterence, but a desperate thief with time could just remove the entire rack from the truck. I would purchase it again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks for the update. As far as attaching the rack to the truck, look at replacing the wing bolt with a security bolt. Google security torx bolt to see what I'm talking about. If I get one of these, I'll be sure to share what I did to attach to truck to deter removal from truck. Thanks again for the feedback.

http://www.aaronssecurityscrews.com/...roofScrews.htm

something like the above link.