mtbr member
    Feb 2013

single bike 2" hitch for jeep?

Anyone happen to know of a single bike 2" hitch mounted rack. I only ever have a single bike and I'd like something that doesn't extend out as far on my JK, and I really don't want to hang my bike. Wheel mounted fits me better and something that works with a swing away tire carrier.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    1UPUSA.com :: Home

sexy and made in murica.

Single Speed Junkie
    +1 for the 1UPUSA. I just got the rack last week after using another brand for 8+ years. Never really thought the 1UPUSA design would be worth the swap, but Thus far I've been extremely happy with the purchase. Since your also in a Jeep if you have off road tendencies the 1UPUSA is very solid.

mtbr member
    I too am a 1UPUSA owner and will vouch for the functionality and quality of this product. It just works! I have had mine for at least 3 years now and it looks and operates the same as it did on day one.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    1Up makes a nice piece. KŁat makes my favorite 2-bike racks (Sherpa or NV).
    But be prepared to get a hitch extension so your rack can clear the spare with a bike on. I, too, am a JK owner. I ended up selling my NV due to the overhang with the extension.... I hated how far it stretched past the rear bumper. It inspired no confidence.
    Today I use a Northshore Rack NSR-4 and it is a match made in heaven. No extension, no massive overhang. Perfect for my needs. However, it will only hold bikes with a large fork crown (it will not work with roadies, BMX, etc.). And the gate does not open fully with this rack.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    1up... but do not get the 2" only version, as it is a 2-bike carrier.

get the one for Class I, II, III... 1-1/4"/2"

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    You can get the 1 bike version with the 2" hitch. Just got mine this way (didn't like the idea of using the adapter)...although, they'll charge you $50 extra for this custom 2" receiver.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Wow, nice recommendation. Thanks guys.