Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Hi There!
    Amusing story there KRob. I can't give you any advice but my story is that I drove a Toyota Tacoma Prerunner and when it was time for a new vehicle in 2014 I was dying to get a BMW 1 Series.

It was hard to admit to myself, but that car wasn't practical for my needs so I figured I'd get another Prerunner or something that could do everything my Prerunner did, but with better gas mileage...and in my price range.

Enter the Outback! Now, the Alltrack wasn't available then but I may have looked at that, your other 2 cars weren't in my price range.

The car has been great, I actually like the way it looks, and while I don't care what other people think of it...I think that stereotype of the Outback driver is pretty much gone. I personally don't see that type of person in the Outbacks I see around my area. For the record, I do eat granola bars, but I don't wear crappy strappy sandals and I'm not a lesbian or hippie. My wife describes me as a redneck, but in a loving way...I guess because I take it out on the trails for maintenance and drive it to NASCAR races.
    Last edited by TheGweed; 01-26-2017 at 04:34 AM.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    I had an Outback. Granted that was a long time ago but I sold it because it was "tinny". Lots of road noise and it just felt like a can. I haven't been in the newer ones but I can guarantee that it will drive like most of the other Japanese cars. Followed that up with a Toyota Highlander and then a Mazda CX-5. Mostly wife's cars but I spend plenty of time in them. Of the bunch the Toyota was the most solid but it doesn't drive like a European car. Plain and simple.

If you want something that is fun to drive go with the Audi or VW even if it's a wagon.
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post

Long story short: it was nice. The seats were comfortable. The interior was quiet and well appointed. It handled the 8" of snow on the streets with more confidence and sure footedness than the Volvo or the Audi and we could buy a brand new, fully loaded one for the price of a low mile, year or two old version of the other two.
    This, and the wagon utility, is a huge reason they are so popular. Here in Alaska, it's probably the #1 most common car. AWD imports are unusually popular here, because american manufacturers don't offer all their lines in AWD, like most european brands do. The subaru outback wagon will handle snow and sloppy driving conditions at least as well, if not better, than any other AWD car, and do it at 2/3rds the cost of the Euro models, more like 1/2 when you start talking about some of the higher end Volvos and Audis. The ground clearance and impressive AWD system is nearly unstoppable. We've gotten a huge dump recently and my BMW does alright, traction isn't an issue, but I have to be careful with depth of snow and especially bumps where it's packed into ruts/ice/braking bumps, etc. The outback will just eat all that up and not have any issues at all. If you want to get places in the mountains or in poor conditions, it's a great vehicle and that's where it's strength lies.

The newer ones are quite nice, with their driving aids and interior features.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Thats a pretty funny story. I had the exact opposite experience when we were looking for a wagon with my wife. Granted, we were looking for used vehicles, and it was a few years ago. My wife hated the subaru. Bland interiors, uncomfortable seats, tinny, underpowered. We ended up getting an A4 with the V6 and manual transmission and she loves it.
    The new 2017 Outbacks have addressed the 'tinny' issue I hear, but id make sure I get the 3.6 engine as I dont think I could live with the 2.5 with a fully loaded vehicle.
    If you want to be practical, the subaru or VW is the obvious choice. If you want to have big grin on your face every time you sit down in the car, id go with the Audi or Volvo.
    Also to be fair, we dont use the Audi on anything extreme in terms of fire roads or tougher to access spots (it just doesnt have the clearance). Lucklily I still have my FJ80 for the more adventurous days. If this is going to be your ONLY bike vehicle, the clearance on the subaru would also make more sense in your case.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Thats a pretty funny story. I had the exact opposite experience when we were looking for a wagon with my wife. Granted, we were looking for used vehicles, and it was a few years ago. My wife hated the subaru. Bland interiors, uncomfortable seats, tinny, underpowered. We ended up getting an A4 with the V6 and manual transmission and she loves it.
    The new 2017 Outbacks have addressed the 'tinny' issue I hear, but id make sure I get the 3.6 engine as I dont think I could live with the 2.5 with a fully loaded vehicle.
    If you want to be practical, the subaru or VW is the obvious choice. If you want to have big grin on your face every time you sit down in the car, id go with the Audi or Volvo.
    Also to be fair, we dont use the Audi on anything extreme in terms of fire roads or tougher to access spots (it just doesnt have the clearance). Lucklily I still have my FJ80 for the more adventurous days. If this is going to be your ONLY bike vehicle, the clearance on the subaru would also make more sense in your case.
    I agree with what Buzz says..depends on where you live a little. CO and UT are great places for subies but If the grin factor takes over go for an audi. If you live in the mountains where clearance is of issue and or your roads are rough, even though i'm a Audi guy, i'd have to go with the subie.
    I've got an S4 Avant and clearance is a big issue (ripped 3 oil pan guards off in snow) and my suspension is VERY finicky and down right delicate (grant it i have a heavily modified track/autoX derived susp (Ohlins, 034 and too much more to list)). I live in a city with baaaad roads (DC) and spend average 2k a year on suspension bits and maintenance (mostly upper control arms, bushings and the like) and unfortunately for me i just don't have the knowledge, tools and patience to work on my car like i do on my bike (read $$).
    From what i hear subies (at least the old ones,) are easier to work on..just open the hood and the room you have to get around is much more..an audi requires 1 hour of pulling stuff out to get to where you need to get to.
    MyRides - Santa Cruz Tallboy CC, Van Dessel Ramble tamble SS, Look 986 1x10,

mtbr member
    Bland interiors, uncomfortable seats, tinny, underpowered. The new 2017 Outbacks have addressed the 'tinny' issue I hear, but id make sure I get the 3.6 engine as I dont think I could live with the 2.5 with a fully loaded vehicle.
    Yeah, that was kind of the impression I had about subarus and frankly figured driving one would bear that out and my wife would drop it off the list, but this new Outback is roomy and impressively well appointed inside. And the seats (and the seat warmer in particular) were very good. Only the Volvo had better seats. My wife buys a car almost 80 percent on how the seat feels (and the color... rolls eyes).

Oh, and yes, I'd definitely have to get the 3.6R. We drove the 2.5I and it with its CVT was underpowered in that big of car.
    Last edited by KRob; 01-26-2017 at 09:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    This, and the wagon utility, is a huge reason they are so popular. ....
    The newer ones are quite nice, with their driving aids and interior features.
    We have really rough, snow/ice rutted roads in the winter for about a month or two every year. Big storms. Back roads aren't plowed or get a big mound in the middle then it all freezes and stays for weeks. You have to drive very carefully and with some planning to get around in the Jetta. The Outback would be almost as good as a full on FWD SUV for that stuff.

I was impressed with the driving aids and interior features. They rivaled the $60,000 cars. Was not expecting that from a Subaru.
    Last edited by KRob; 01-26-2017 at 09:41 PM.

mtbr member
    My wife would agree 100% on making sure the seats are comfortable. One of her pet peeves is how the drivers seat is almost ALWAYS, more adjustable/comfortable than the passenger seat. Why doesn't the passenger get the same controls and adjustments? They are in the car for just as long as the driver. To be fair she is on the smaller/lighter end of the human scale, so she finds the 'average' seat not comfortable for her.
    Often only the higher priced vehicles will have the same seats for driver and passenger.

So that decides it for you then? Happy wife, happy life?

mtbr member
    This would pretty much decide it for you then. You will be scraping that middle rut with the centre of your car in the Audi or Volvo. Sounds like you need the most clearance you can get. The recent 'snowmageddon' (which wasnt really much snow at all, just that we never get any, and when we do it is a shit show) we had here in Vancouver had me having to be very careful in the Audi in terms of clearance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGweed View Post

Enter the Outback! Now, the Alltrack wasn't available then but I may have looked at that, your other 2 cars weren't in my price range.

The car has been great, I actually like the way it looks, and while I don't care what other people think of it...I think that stereotype of the Outback driver is pretty much gone. I personally don't see that type of person in the Outbacks I see around my area. For the record, I do eat granola bars, but I don't wear crappy strappy sandals and I'm not a lesbian or hippie. My wife describes me as a redneck, but in a loving way...I guess because I take it out on the trails for maintenance and drive it to NASCAR races.
    Yeah, I don't want to pay what a new Volvo or Audi would cost, but have driven some nice lightly used ones that fall in the same price range as a new Alltrack or Outback. Having said that, warranty and repair issues would be more expensive (and more hassle since no dealers close) with the Euro brands.

Old stereotypes die hard, but I agree, not many people drive outbacks around here (redneck/mining country) and none of the ones that do fit the stereotype.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

western NC
    When I was shopping for a new car recently (had my eye on a Subie for a while), I looked at all the small AWD wagon / CUV types. I wanted something just a bit smaller and sportier looking than the outback, and bought a Crosstrek. Took it out in the recent snow, and it's incredibly capable. I also have to take it into some pretty rough areas for work, so the ground clearance ruled out some of my other choices. I opted for the limited for the leather, and nicer options. It's the first car in 24 years of vehicle ownership that I truly love, and wouldn't really change anything about it. They get dinged for being under powered, but I've never had any issues living here in the mountains. I was more focused on MPG than having a sports car in wagon trim, and I'm averaging about 28-29mpg now that it's just about broken in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    I had an Outback. Granted that was a long time ago but I sold it because it was "tinny". Lots of road noise and it just felt like a can. I haven't been in the newer ones but I can guarantee that it will drive like most of the other Japanese cars. Followed that up with a Toyota Highlander and then a Mazda CX
    The CX5 and Highlander (as well as the Q5) were on my list but the wife didn't want an SUV/Crossover this time. More of a lifted wagon. We loved the Jetta SW but needed/wanted AWD and a little more ground clearance.

Fun factor: To be fair this will be my wife's car but since it will be our primary travel car I'll get plenty of seat time too. I got a 1st gen Tundra for my vehicle out of practicality (pretty much need a truck around here for hauling my dirt bike, the trash, wood etc, and beating around the back roads marking course).

But I do fancy myself a bit of a car guy and at 55 am starting to have some mid-life crisis car desires. Maybe get her/us the Outback for our main car then buy something fun for me once the final kid leaves home (this summer!!!!).

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    My wife would agree 100% on making sure the seats are comfortable. One of her pet peeves is how the drivers seat is almost ALWAYS, more adjustable/comfortable than the passenger seat. Why doesn't the passenger get the same controls and adjustments? They are in the car for just as long as the driver. To be fair she is on the smaller/lighter end of the human scale, so she finds the 'average' seat not comfortable for her.
    Often only the higher priced vehicles will have the same seats for driver and passenger.

So that decides it for you then? Happy wife, happy life?
    Speaking of pet peeves. On our Jetta SW the passenger side visor doesn't extend to cover that spot towards the rear edge of the window when the sun is low and on that side. The driver side visor does. It drives my wife nuts! The Volvo almost got kicked off the list for that infraction alone. The Subie had it covered.

I'm slowly talking myself into going with the Outback (You guys aren't helping.... but yes, happy wife, happy life), then working on getting me a fun car later (E46 M3, WRX STi , GTI, or E39 M5 or 540i wagon or something).

To her credit she has let me exercise my car preferences to some extent even in our family/practical car purchases over the years. For instance she used to hate wagons and we've owned 5-6 of them over the years.

Stay tuned. Our buy back appointment for the Jetta SW TDI is February 10th.
    Last edited by KRob; 01-26-2017 at 09:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sorry pal. I've got nothing bad to say here about the Subie. In fact, I wanted my wife to purchase an Outback, but she preferred the visibility of the Forester instead.

The Outback can fit a 29er in the back easily. If you want some performance, get the 3.6R instead of the 2.5. The adaptive cruise control is very convenient and works even in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic. The new ones are not tinny at all. They're more like luxury wagons with full time AWD.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    I love my R Design V60. My T6 is Polestar tuned. Goes like stink. I like fast so didn't consider the T5 after driving the cross country and thinking it was a little underpowered. The ride quality is good for our crappily maintained roads. The suspension feels a tad soft when you really push it hard around corners. But the cargo space is handy. I was turned off by the alltrack once I saw it didn't come with the more powerful 2.0 engine. As for the V90. Beautiful but a big vehicle. The infotainment is a big upgrade but engines are the same.
    I too, really like the Volvo wagons. My sister has a sedan. That turbo really has a kick to it.

mtbr member
    ^ Thanks yes, over 300 horses out of a 2.0L is nuts. Kent, I cross shopped the the Allroad when I got my V60 and although list prices are similar I got a way better deal with the Volvo. If you push them they can work some great deals. The outback is a solid car just a little boring if you ask me. If it's your wife's car less important but for me I still get s buzz when I out my foot down in the T6. As mentioned I wouldn't want a T5 Volvo. I do think the heart should play as big a role as the head when it comes to cars!

mtbr member
    The CX5 and Highlander (as well as the Q5) were on my list but the wife didn't want an SUV/Crossover this time. More of a lifted wagon. We loved the Jetta SW but needed/wanted AWD and a little more ground clearance.

Fun factor: To be fair this will be my wife's car but since it will be our primary travel car I'll get plenty of seat time too. I got a 1st gen Tundra for my vehicle out of practicality (pretty much need a truck around here for hauling my dirt bike, the trash, wood etc, and beating around the back roads marking course).

But I do fancy myself a bit of a car guy and at 55 am starting to have some mid-life crisis car desires. Maybe get her/us the Outback for our main car then buy something fun for me once the final kid leaves home (this summer!!!!).
    The buy back on the TDI is hard to pass up but it's just enough car to satiate the same crisis car desires. Luckily I have another vehicle for the snow so I think I'm going to keep it and pocket the 5K.
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

mtbr member
    ^ Thanks yes, over 300 horses out of a 2.0L is nuts. Kent, I cross shopped the the Allroad when I got my V60 and although list prices are similar I got a way better deal with the Volvo. If you push them they can work some great deals. The outback is a solid car just a little boring if you ask me. If it's your wife's car less important but for me I still get s buzz when I out my foot down in the T6. As mentioned I wouldn't want a T5 Volvo. I do think the heart should play as big a role as the head when it comes to cars!
    There's a used 2015 V60r T6 with ~45k miles in Vegas for $30k. More miles than we'd like and still no awd or ground clearance, but this would tick my fun-to-drive mid-life crisis boxes. I think I'd rather pay $45,000-50,000 for a new one though if I could get them to come down that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    That's a lot of money. I just looked in Autotrader. I didn't realize they're quite so rare. I walked into my local dealer 10 minutes away and they had one. Looks like I got very lucky. The older 3.0L is quick. We have that in my wife's XC60. But the 2.0L I have is 8 speed and also way better on mileage and has the on / off when you're stopped (which you can disable) and an economy button which really helps fuel consumption on the freeway.

mtbr member
    I'm loosing my mind. Comparing the VW Sportwagen and the Subaru Impreza. VW has bigger cargo area but with impending tariffs I don't know what that means for maintenance. The Subaru is now made in Indiana (where I do a lot of riding) but the infotainment system is app based and that (rant ending in get off my lawn). So the compromise is a used Outback and I don't need the 4wd/mpg trade off. There are so few choices...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    2017 VW Alltrack 6 speed manual. VW load bars with Kuat Trio.

Show us your WAGONS!!!!!!-alltrack.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Show us your WAGONS!!!!!!-207833_10150143855851831_3068447_n.jpg

another jetta in here - chip-tuned, 6 spd TDI
    it's been lowered, but in the near future, i'll be lifting it with tiguan and tow suspension and bigger tires. the back end really sags once i throw in road trip gear, bike/rack, and people in the back seat. doesn't help with the sub in there, too

fun as hell car to drive, tho

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner View Post
    2017 VW Alltrack 6 speed manual. VW load bars with Kuat Trio.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alltrack.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	1118536
    Wow, I didn't know the 6mts were available yet. When did you get yours?

mtbr member
    I just saw this on VW Vortex!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Took delivery on Jan. 27. Long story short I was able to find a scheduled build in process at the factory in Mexico and put a deposit on it before it left the factory. Replaced a TDI Jetta sportwagen.

mtbr member

I call it the clam. Got a nice deal certified used. 1up racks going up top when cross bars come in.

mtbr member

Ready to ride!

mtbr member
    We've had our new Outback for about a month now, so I guess it's time to update this thread.

We got the Outback 3.6R Touring and had a Curt hitch installed. It really is a very nice appliance..... ur, I mean car. Not sure the Outbacks can still be considered wagons though. This car is very crossover/suv-ish.

I got an E39 M5 as my consolation prize to help with the mid-life car crisis. So it all turned out well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your WAGONS!!!!!!-img_1345.jpg  

Show us your WAGONS!!!!!!-img_1371.jpg  

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    You horrible people have made me spend way too much time pursuing a wagon... but I got a '17 GTI instead. It's a hatchback, not a wagon, can I join the club now? I haven't stuffed a bike in it yet, but definitely a more entertaining drive on twisty roads than my Transit 350 WAGON which did not seem to qualify to join your club

mtbr member
    We've had our new Outback for about a month now, so I guess it's time to update this thread.

We got the Outback 3.6R Touring and had a Curt hitch installed. It really is a very nice appliance..... ur, I mean car. Not sure the Outbacks can still be considered wagons though. This car is very crossover/suv-ish.

I got an E39 M5 as my consolation prize to help with the mid-life car crisis. So it all turned out well.
    You happy with your outback decision?

I am killing 2 birds with one and getting an e61 bmw 535i xdrive wagon. Taking the risk with the n54 powerplant but biturbo power is an alluring temptress
    Quote Originally Posted by fitek View Post
    You horrible people have made me spend way too much time pursuing a wagon... but I got a '17 GTI instead. It's a hatchback, not a wagon, can I join the club now? I haven't stuffed a bike in it yet, but definitely a more entertaining drive on twisty roads than my Transit 350 WAGON which did not seem to qualify to join your club
    Getting closer. But I would give a pass as I like vw a lot

mtbr member

The M5 is a fun (and brave) choice. What year is it?

mtbr member

Show us your WAGONS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wsp4me23 View Post

I am killing 2 birds with one and getting an e61 bmw 535i xdrive wagon. Taking the risk with the n54 powerplant but biturbo power is an alluring temptress

Getting closer. But I would give a pass as I like vw a lot
    I had no real problems with my n54. Just had to replace coils frequently. As long as your shop is honest they'll diagnose the misfire and just replace one st a time.

mtbr member
    Good to here. I am not new to "unreliable" german cars. Owned several audi 2.7t and as long as you are vigilant on maint and don't just let stuff go they repay with a smile.

mtbr member
    PS get it tuned. I tried Cobb and GIAC. Just stage 1 though.

mtbr member
    Oh ya that is of course a must. Cobb and JB4 tunes are on my radar. Leaning toward Cobb, ic and intake and done. KW v3 coilovers once shocks need replaced and an m5 rear sway. Extent of mods I will be doing which is enough. Gone full retard on too many cars so this is going to be very minimal. Maybe a mtech aero kit?

Did you like your Cobb or GIAC tune better?

mtbr member
    I liked flexibly of Cobb the best. Switching tunes was so easy. I tended to just run the aggressive linear throttle map the most. I'd go for a reflash versus piggyback like the JB4.

mtbr member
    Was thinking same. Plus with Cobbs suite you get a functional code reader and other useful tools. Probably the route I will take.

mtbr member
    The M5 is a fun (and brave) choice. What year is it?
    It's a 2001. It was owned by my son's BMW shop owner and is super clean.... but brave is right. Insanely expensive to maintain and repair. Fun is right too.

mtbr member
    Yes. My wife loves it (except the mpg) and it's very functional for our needs. It looks nice, is well appointed inside (we got the full meal deal), and drives fine (though not that fun). I didn't fully appreciate how well the Jetta SW handled until I started pushing the Outback into corners a bit.

In hindsight we could've gotten a new xc60 or V60r for what we paid for the two, but now we both have what we want.
    Last edited by KRob; 1 Week Ago at 11:52 AM.

mtbr member

We looked at the outback, forester, vw alltrack, golf sport wagon, etc...came to the conclusion we are just not brand new car buyers. Seeking out more car for the money, but with that comes more headaches sometimes.

mtbr member

We looked at the outback, forester, vw alltrack, golf sport wagon, etc...came to the conclusion we are just not brand new car buyers. Seeking out more car for the money, but with that comes more headaches sometimes.

Recently sold my wifes s4 avant and it is tough finding a replacement. Regret it a bit.

mtbr member
    I considered an S4 (4.2L V8) wagon for awhile, until I realized that it wouldnt be a good daily driver for the wife. The fuel consumption is terrifying and I didnt have the bottomless repair budget as a backup in case things started to go south with the engine.
    If its been well maintained, you hopefully wont have to worry to much about things like the VANOS, timing chain guides. Depending on mileage, you will want to do the rod main bearings as well.

Have fun with it!

mtbr member
    Yes. My wife loves it (except the mpg) and it's very functional for our needs. It looks nice, is well appointed inside (we got the full meal deal), and drives fine (though not that fun).

In hindsight we could've gotten a new xc60 or V60r for what we paid for the two, but now we both have what we want.
    The new XC60 was recently announced. Looks pretty nice. My only beef with our Volvos are the center buttons for the infotainment. But that's addressed in the XC90 and new XC60 with a bigger touchscreen. I was also impressed with the price of the Thule (Volvo branded) cross bars and ski rack. I got the aero ones.

mtbr member
    I considered an S4 (4.2L V8) wagon for awhile, until I realized that it wouldnt be a good daily driver for the wife. The fuel consumption is terrifying and I didnt have the bottomless repair budget as a backup in case things started to go south with the engine.
    If its been well maintained, you hopefully wont have to worry to much about things like the VANOS, timing chain guides. Depending on mileage, you will want to do the rod main bearings as well.

Have fun with it!
    The mechanic/shop owner is a super cool guy and I'd seen this car when were down there having work done on my son's 330ci and really liked it. Then it showed up on the local classifieds for less than I thought he'd sell it for. Several texts and sleepless nights later the deal was done. He's basically replaced everything as soon as it started to wear or show any signs of failure. Other than some very slight wear on the leather side bolster on the driver seat the interior is pristine including new shifter and all four power window regulators. No VANOS rattle, new radiator, belts hoses, water pump, thermostats, etc. I asked him what he thought might be the next thing to need attention over the next year or two and he said, "tires. Sooner if you smoke 'em".

Of course, there's no way to predict every failure, but big repairs/maintenance items will really slash into my bike budget so I'm hoping it stays good for a long while. Yeah, definitely not going to be a daily driver.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Ballsy! Just FYI, there were manual trans versions of these made, you can find them if you look.

mtbr member
    Ya, the wife needs an auto, sadly.

mtbr member
    The new XC60 was recently announced. Looks pretty nice. My only beef with our Volvos are the center buttons for the infotainment. But that's addressed in the XC90 and new XC60 with a bigger touchscreen. I was also impressed with the price of the Thule (Volvo branded) cross bars and ski rack. I got the aero ones.
    Yeah I saw that. Pretty sharp. I wonder how long before we see the new V60 wagon. I've seen the new V90 wagons (and the new Panamera Sport Tourismo!!!) and they get me all a twitter..... though too pricy for me.

Mercedes is coming out with a new E class raised all-wheel drive wagon called the All-Terrain that might be pretty cool too.... though I don't think there are plans for a US release just yet. Some nice Diesel and hybrid options coming too. Maybe that'll be the next upgrade when the wife gets tired of the Outback.
    Last edited by KRob; 1 Week Ago at 01:39 PM.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    I like the V90 but it's big. I think the S60 sedan is next on the list for an update. So would assume a wagon too. But my V60 has the most modern engine / transmission. It's just the stupid telephone number keypad that annoys me. I tried an F-Pace really liked it. New RR Velar looks cool. Panamera Wagon looks nice. Sedans are fugly to me. I liked the Macan but small and very pricey with a few options but fun as hell to drive. New Q5 coming soon too. I love Wagons but some of these crossover SUV thingies are nice. My first car was a 78 Datsun Bluebird Wagon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

2010 V70 RD with Kuat carrier.

Show us your WAGONS!!!!!!-fullsizeoutput_819.jpgShow us your WAGONS!!!!!!-img_4208.jpg

mtbr member
    I was looking for a wagon recently that is fun to drive and not European. Currently own an Audi sedan and I am spending more on control arms than gas.

Does not exist. I also tested the small crossovers (CX5, crosstrek…) they were lame as a lame duck. Handle like an SUV and not as much space as I hoped. When I tried 0 to 60 I actually gave up halfway.

The last thing left to try is a used Acura wagon. No more new wagons in the US. Looks like wagons fell out of fashion for crossovers, which are not the best of both worlds, IMO the other way around.

Is there any model that I missed or should I just give up?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast