Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    German dude

Show us your MINI Cooper

I hear that so many cyclists own a MINI Cooper or Cooper S and thought it would be fun if we all shared our vehicles here.
    We could also possibly meet up in May at the 4th annual MINIS on the Dragon. There is awesome mountain biking near there. :-)

So here is my 2005 Cooper S.

Herbert

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Not mine but a very good friend of mine.

More pictures here but I can't link to them because of the flash: http://www.jinsoku.com/
    click members then Jason Neumann.

life is a barrel o'fun
    I've been thinking about making a counterfeit Mini out of my Nissan Maxima. Some duct tape stripes and voila, nobody will be able to tell the difference!
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

My dream car

I will own one of those very soon. I AM SO EXCITED.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert
    I hear that so many cyclists own a MINI Cooper or Cooper S and thought it would be fun if we all shared our vehicles here.
    We could also possibly meet up in May at the 4th annual MINIS on the Dragon. There is awesome mountain biking near there. :-)

Herbert

mtbr member
    I don't have pictures of my '63 Mini Cooper S. The original, not some BMW!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimalsGuard
    I will own one of those very soon. I AM SO EXCITED.

mtbr member
    I dont have a pic, but my GF has a 2005 Cooper S in black with a white top. Love the car

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Herbert

Nice Mini! What kind and size wheels are those?

Drove a CooperS for the first time last week. Loved it. Very tossable and a lot more interior room than I thought there would be.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lebikerboy
    I don't have pictures of my '63 Mini Cooper S. The original, not some BMW!
    i, too have a '63 mini cooper. no pics on my work computer, but i will get them up soon. right now it's my daily driver.

mtbr member
    Salami - Now thats a proper Mini. 100% Mini, 0% BMW.

I wouldn't touch a BMW Mini with a particularly long barge pole.

In the UK they are driven mainly by folk who are desperate to get onto the BMW ladder (estate agents, hairdressers etc) but can't quite afford a 3 series but are still unshackled by the 'badge blinkers' enough to see that the 1 series is a munter of a car (although only just more so than the plastic retro BMW Mini).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooty and jim
    Salami - Now thats a proper Mini. 100% Mini, 0% BMW.
    Not entirely proper, there is a Honda engine under the hood. The owner does have Mini's running through his blood, he also has a pick up and van. He has had about 6 other older Minis. He had 2 of the newer ones with were promptly sold.

German dude
    Quote Originally Posted by TLud
    Nice Mini! What kind and size wheels are those?

Drove a CooperS for the first time last week. Loved it. Very tossable and a lot more interior room than I thought there would be.
    Those are Exel Race matte black 17" with Yokohama AVS ES-100 205/17-45 and I replaced the stock wheels with the runflat Dunlops immediately with these.

Herbert

German dude
    In the UK they are driven mainly by folk who are desperate to get onto the BMW ladder (estate agents, hairdressers etc) but can't quite afford a 3 series but are still unshackled by the 'badge blinkers' enough to see that the 1 series is a munter of a car (although only just more so than the plastic retro BMW Mini).
    I'd love to be on the BMW ladder too, but I think my other car (99 MCoupe) counts as a bastard cousin or black sheep to the BMW family only.

Herbert

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

What RU doing 4 fun this weekend?

Not my Cooper nor Excursion but a good biking friend drives a Cooper S and we have a 2K Excursion similar to the one below. I prefer to have my bikes and kayaks on my roof though.

I'll ask him to post a pic of his S (Euro spec?) here. Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I'd love to be on the BMW ladder too, but I think my other car (99 MCoupe) counts as a bastard cousin or black sheep to the BMW family only.

Herbert
    Hey, there's nothing wrong with the "shoe."

...as long as your sub-frame doesn't give out.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Mini boob job

not mine...cool boob job though

German dude
    The Jittery Joe's Pro cycling team also has a very neat cool Cooper S as a team support car. Very unique in road racing.

Herbert

Litespeed
    www.litespeed.com

Whatever
    This thread is fairly old but I never thought to search MINI Cooper on MTBR! There are some updates by Francois and others here.

FWIW I have no desire to be in a BMW. I like a MINI for what it is and the statement it makes. Sure the old ones are the "real" MINI's but I have a kid, I mountain bike, I commute daily and take customers in it... the old one really would not fit well with my lifestyle. Still I'd love to have one as a 2nd car.

Here is mine...

FixMeUp!

Someone please move this CRAPPY thread.

I though the reason that there is a CAR/BIKER forum is so that all the freakin car addicts out there would have a place to hide and discuss their carbon burning, earth polluting, nature killing and ego stroking death machines.

Please move this thread there, I just freaking hate car culture.

And if you really want to know how I feel, go here...
    guaranteed to piss somebody off
    Automobile: Worst Invention or Best Invention?
    "Only after the last tree has been cut down.Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only after the last fish has been eaten. Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten". Cree Indian saying

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Here's a pic of my '06 Cooper S.

Going for a ride......
    Ooooh Yeah now a Mini - that's my dream car!
    I actually knew a man called John Cooper (not THE John Cooper obviously) & he brought a Mini (not a Cooper S though), I loved that yellow mustard coloured thing and loved them ever since!

This one's not mine!
    energetix

mtbr member
    My girlfriend's Mini. Her old one I should say. In May she traded it in for a Trailblazer. Much more practical. But definitely not as fun to drive.

Gone riding
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TamJunkie
    I thought the reason that there is a CAR/BIKER forum is so that all the freakin car addicts out there would have a place to hide and discuss their carbon burning, earth polluting, nature killing and ego stroking death machines.
    Settle down. This thread was created long before the Car / Biker forum, Im sure it will be moved soon now that it has been bumped back up.

Cool cars, but I must admit Im a fan of the real Minis. There have been some very interesting 16 valve and motorbike engine transplants documented on the internet recently too. (sorry to the purists out there!)

Dave.

ballbuster

Yeah, but...

... BMWs don't handle like a go-kart.

And yes, it only has some styling cues in common with a real mini.

I drove my sis-in-law's Mini S, and dang! It was fast. Throttle response was krap, tho. Probably that drive-by-wire stuff. Give me a proper throttle cable any day.

I was reading up on the new Mini. Its a bit bigger, which begs the question is that even a mini? They've done away with the throttle body altogether, and they are now controlling the throttle with valriable valve lift. I wonder what mechnaisms make that work.

nobody
    Quote Originally Posted by TamJunkie
    I just freaking hate car culture.
    Then why waste time viewing/responding to this thread?
    I'm what Willis was talkin' about

Flying Goat
    just thought you guys might enjoy some mini cooper gymkhana action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huVa_Pf0_3g

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast