Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM

Good job! SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!

Since the other "Seasucker?" Thread has gotten so huge, I figured we start a new one so all the SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners can post a pic of their racks in use..

So LETS SEE THOSE SUCKERS!!

I'd rather be on my bike
    SeaSucker Talon purchased from ProEdgeBiker.
    2013 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Crappy picture from my BlackBerry

Took it out for the maiden voyage today, down to the bike shop to pick up some new cleats and to show the rack off. Staff was pretty impressed with it, but there were the usual non believers. I was pretty skeptical at first, but after the drive today, I am much more comfortable with it. 75mph and I couldn't even tell it was up there. I felt more wiggle and movement on my Audi A4 with a hitch rack on the back than this.

I may flip the mount around and put the fork down at the bottom of the rear window, and the back tire up on the roof. If it is more stable that way, even though it will look goofy, I will probably go like that.

True test is the 45 minute drive to the trailhead for a much needed ride on Friday!

PROEDGEBIKER.COM

SeaSucker Talon New Video

NEW VIDEO FROM SeaSucker:

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Works great.

2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 Yeti ARC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc

I'd rather be on my bike
    I love how they throw it in to him, and then the bike. I nearly spit my Coke out when I saw that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Talon on Mini S

Have been using the Talon for 10 months. Zero scratches, dents or failures. If you want to limit hard water rings? Put some distilled water in spray bottle before mounting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-sea-sucker-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Going on several months with no scratches or dents and lots of conversations with curious on-lookers

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    And...this is my solution to carrying my bike with my new Camaro. Thanks guys!

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Not sure how many of you guys have seen the HORNET yet but here's a vid.
    This rack allows the front wheel to stay on

BIKE RUMOR:
    http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/10/16/...messenger-bag/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProEdgeBiker View Post
    Not sure how many of you guys have seen the HORNET yet but here's a vid.
    This rack allows the front wheel to stay on

BIKE RUMOR:
    [url]http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/10/16/seasucker-makes-worlds-smallest-bike-rack-fits-in-your-messenger-bag/[/url
    Although it's smaller and more portable then my Talon, seems too much work. Also, I rather have 3 points of contact. Score 1 for the Talon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    mine.... mini bomber
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-2012-10-06_15-52-45_367.jpg  

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBeto View Post
    mine.... mini bomber
    Love that mounting configuration.

mtbr member
    Finally getting round to posting mine - bmw 135 convertible - small car but plenty of room to put either a road bike or mtn bike on the boot lid...plus a big shout out to Carlos at proedgebiker for great service (answering emails in to the night) thank you Sir!

I'd rather be on my bike
    OK!!! I wondered if anyone had mounted it like that, across the trunk. Have you been on the highway with it like this? I am just wondering if there is noticeable drag with it like this.

mtbr member
    a bit of wind noise but no real drag - my other car is an SUV with roof rack and there is less wind noise / drag with this set up

I'd rather be on my bike
    Pardon the crappy BlackBerry picture, and the horrible background. This is how I have been running mine the last few times. Very stable up there, and on the highway, at 80mph, you don't even feel it. I thought that there might be some drag with the seat up like that, but when you have 420hp on call....I am pretty sure I am not worried about any drag.

Very happy with the purchase so far. Have had no issues at all. Love the Delta mount, and now that it is set, the install is super quick. It is faster than putting a hitch rack on the car, ratcheting the bolt in, putting the lock on, putting the bike on, adjusting, moving any trays or anything like that. I can have the bike on the car in under 2 minutes now and be pulling out. Takes more time to get the cups suctioned on, and adjusting the one for the rear tire.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    Finally getting round to posting mine - bmw 135 convertible - small car but plenty of room to put either a road bike or mtn bike on the boot lid...plus a big shout out to Carlos at proedgebiker for great service (answering emails in to the night) thank you Sir!

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    Pardon the crappy BlackBerry picture, and the horrible background. This is how I have been running mine the last few times. Very stable up there, and on the highway, at 80mph, you don't even feel it. I thought that there might be some drag with the seat up like that, but when you have 420hp on call....I am pretty sure I am not worried about any drag.

Very happy with the purchase so far. Have had no issues at all. Love the Delta mount, and now that it is set, the install is super quick. It is faster than putting a hitch rack on the car, ratcheting the bolt in, putting the lock on, putting the bike on, adjusting, moving any trays or anything like that. I can have the bike on the car in under 2 minutes now and be pulling out. Takes more time to get the cups suctioned on, and adjusting the one for the rear tire.
    AWESOME!

mtbr member
    Ordered the mini bomber earlier this week and it arrived today so gave it a test, was a little nervous the first trip round the block but it worked great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-img_20121025_180912-large-.jpg  

SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-img_20121025_180832-large-.jpg  

SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-img_20121025_180859-large-.jpg  

2014 Trek Slash 8
    2012 Trek Remedy 8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MEfLAZIWAU-My Trail Dog

mtbr member
    Another mounting position i tried.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-img_20121025_184057-large-.jpg  

SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-img_20121025_184048-large-.jpg  

SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-img_20121025_180917-large-.jpg  

2014 Trek Slash 8
    2012 Trek Remedy 8

I'd rather be on my bike
    I have found that for stability, mounting it to the rear window really helps. The metal on my roof seems to have a lot of give, and for that reason, I will be running my bike backwards.

Nice Skyline btw. Always like that style.

mtbr member
    Thanks, the roof on the skyline near the window is pretty solid, but i will try off the rear window as well. So far mounting it off the boot i like the most as the bikes don't sit so high.
    2014 Trek Slash 8
    2012 Trek Remedy 8

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post

I would be too scared to be behind this even though I know how dependable a SeaSucker rack is. MPG must be horrible.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have had mine for a few months and its been great. I mount it on the roof so I can still use the trunk. I've had it up to 95mph there is very little wind noise unless you open the sunroof

mtbr member

Now getting ready for this!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    here is the picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-benzbike.jpg  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast