Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!

85K views 143 replies 57 participants last post by  Cobra8d 
#1 ·
Since the other "Seasucker?" Thread has gotten so huge, I figured we start a new one so all the SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners can post a pic of their racks in use..

So LETS SEE THOSE SUCKERS!!:D

See less See more
#2 ·
SeaSucker Talon purchased from ProEdgeBiker.
2013 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
Crappy picture from my BlackBerry

Took it out for the maiden voyage today, down to the bike shop to pick up some new cleats and to show the rack off. Staff was pretty impressed with it, but there were the usual non believers. I was pretty skeptical at first, but after the drive today, I am much more comfortable with it. 75mph and I couldn't even tell it was up there. I felt more wiggle and movement on my Audi A4 with a hitch rack on the back than this.

I may flip the mount around and put the fork down at the bottom of the rear window, and the back tire up on the roof. If it is more stable that way, even though it will look goofy, I will probably go like that.

True test is the 45 minute drive to the trailhead for a much needed ride on Friday!

#13 ·
Finally getting round to posting mine - bmw 135 convertible - small car but plenty of room to put either a road bike or mtn bike on the boot lid...plus a big shout out to Carlos at proedgebiker for great service (answering emails in to the night) thank you Sir!

#17 ·
Love it!

Pardon the crappy BlackBerry picture, and the horrible background. This is how I have been running mine the last few times. Very stable up there, and on the highway, at 80mph, you don't even feel it. I thought that there might be some drag with the seat up like that, but when you have 420hp on call....I am pretty sure I am not worried about any drag. :)

Very happy with the purchase so far. Have had no issues at all. Love the Delta mount, and now that it is set, the install is super quick. It is faster than putting a hitch rack on the car, ratcheting the bolt in, putting the lock on, putting the bike on, adjusting, moving any trays or anything like that. I can have the bike on the car in under 2 minutes now and be pulling out. Takes more time to get the cups suctioned on, and adjusting the one for the rear tire.
AWESOME!

#16 ·
Pardon the crappy BlackBerry picture, and the horrible background. This is how I have been running mine the last few times. Very stable up there, and on the highway, at 80mph, you don't even feel it. I thought that there might be some drag with the seat up like that, but when you have 420hp on call....I am pretty sure I am not worried about any drag. :)

Very happy with the purchase so far. Have had no issues at all. Love the Delta mount, and now that it is set, the install is super quick. It is faster than putting a hitch rack on the car, ratcheting the bolt in, putting the lock on, putting the bike on, adjusting, moving any trays or anything like that. I can have the bike on the car in under 2 minutes now and be pulling out. Takes more time to get the cups suctioned on, and adjusting the one for the rear tire.

#20 ·
I have found that for stability, mounting it to the rear window really helps. The metal on my roof seems to have a lot of give, and for that reason, I will be running my bike backwards.

Nice Skyline btw. Always like that style.

#32 ·
I had mine at 80mph, which roughly calculates to 130km/hr. I had no worries at that speed. If I was to drive that speed for an extended period of time, say 5 hours, I would definitely stop and double check the suction on the rack. After an hour and a half, I had no loss on any of the cups.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.