Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 109
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11

    Re: SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!

    Can anyone direct me in the right direction to order a rack

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: slumpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    115
    PM ProEdgeBiker or visit his website. He's one source of many but I believe several users here have bought from him.

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11

    Re: SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!

    Cool thanks for the reply

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6
    Any boxster owner using seasucker?? any pic? =;D
    Last edited by delarosa13; 02-16-2013 at 12:56 PM.

  5. #55
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Reputation: ProEdgeBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by delarosa13 View Post
    Any boxster owner using seasucker?? any pic? =;D
    checkout this link, there are some porche pics. But no one with a boxster has sent me one yet. Maybe you can be the 1st.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3155221&type=3

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6
    Jaja thank you for the link but, as you said, there is no boxster pics. I have write to seasucker guys asking if it is possible to mount Talon in the rear trunk of the boxster before buying, cause rear trunk is very short, and Im just wondering what about rear wheel, any way to lock it to the rear bumper or something like that? case is simmilar to this one:

    SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!-7fa4ee9d.jpg
    Last edited by delarosa13; 02-17-2013 at 05:20 AM.

  7. #57
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Reputation: ProEdgeBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by delarosa13 View Post
    Jaja thank you for the link but, as you said, there is no boxster pics. I have write to seasucker guys asking if it is possible to mount Talon in the rear trunk of the boxster before buying, cause rear trunk is very short, and Im just wondering what about rear wheel, any way to lock it to the rear bumper or something like that? case is simmilar to this one:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7fa4ee9d.jpg 
Views:	818 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	772584
    Is there a reason you want to lock the rear wheel and not use the sucker with the rear wheel strap? I see no reason why a talon wouldn't work on your Porsche boxster. Are you in the USA? Shoot me an email.

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ProEdgeBiker View Post
    Is there a reason you want to lock the rear wheel and not use the sucker with the rear wheel strap? I see no reason why a talon wouldn't work on your Porsche boxster. Are you in the USA? Shoot me an email.
    Its just that rear trunk is very short to incorporate the two talon suckers and rear bumper is curved surface, so I think I cant use sucker with wheel strap in it, please tell me if Im right.
    Im from spain, but we can email if you prefer,

    Thank you so much and sorry for the inconvenience.

    Carlos

  9. #59
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Reputation: ProEdgeBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,285

    Story about the #1 growing Bike Rack Company in the U.S.A.


  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 41ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    610

    Re: SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!

    I have done some road rides with Chuck. He drops hammers! Very strong!

    Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18
    wow, so glad i stumbled on this thread... was leaning towards a yakima/thule roof rack... but this seems more practical.. anyone know whats the most a bike weighed that is currently using this? i dont have a lightweight like most of you guys... (mine is around 32-35lbs)... its a 45lbs limit but i wanted to know someone using this thats not a lightweight. thanks in advance
    2012 Cannondale Trail SL 29er 5

  12. #62
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Reputation: ProEdgeBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by 305David29er View Post
    wow, so glad i stumbled on this thread... was leaning towards a yakima/thule roof rack... but this seems more practical.. anyone know whats the most a bike weighed that is currently using this? i dont have a lightweight like most of you guys... (mine is around 32-35lbs)... its a 45lbs limit but i wanted to know someone using this thats not a lightweight. thanks in advance
    SeaSucker recommends a weight limit of 45lbs/bike. Just keep in mind that each sucker has a rating of 210lbs.

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,551
    I have put my 30lbs Ventana(With Studded tires) on there. No problems.
    14 S-Works Epic WC
    14 Yeti ARC
    14 S-Works Crux Disc
    15 Echo Carbondale

  14. #64
    Master of the Obvious
    Reputation: Angus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    485
    Here is a quick review of My Seasucker Hornet. More pics are on my blog

    Name:  Gryphon+On+Jeep.jpeg
Views: 3631
Size:  47.7 KB

    I was looking for a rack to use on my Jeep Liberty. My needs for a rack where simple carry one bike to the trail head with out damaging the bike or the vehicle, and if possible I prefer to keep the front wheel on the bike.

    I didn't want to go with a roof mounted system as the Jeep is fairly tall and it would be a chore to mount a bike on the roof after an exhausting ride. I also didn't want any rack that holds the frame by the top tube, which eliminates most Trunk mounted styles and all the lower priced hitch mounts.

    I currently do not have a hitch on the Jeep (and that's not a deal breaker to get one just the added cost) There are a lot of good hitch mounted racks out there.
    But I wanted something that wasn't bulky like a Yakima or Thule (Both great racks and would buy if I needed to carry multiple bikes all the time) I looked at the Saris Thelma, and I just couldn't do it. The Bike rack I almost bought was the 1up USA Single Bike Rack. It looked clean and not overly bulky, The 1up rack is $299 plus shipping and I would need to get a hitch installed $179 plus tax. So I was saving up $500 for this project when I stumbled across the Seasucker Hornet.

    I had eliminated the Seasucker racks from my search early on, It had nothing to do with my faith in there suction technology but all the 2012 designs required you to take the front wheel off. When I came across the Hornet I was immediately curious about it. I Read some reviews and found there website helpful.(SeaSucker Hornet)
    and at $175 it seemed to be a bargain!

    Another feature that sold me and I didn't think to add as a requirement is the flexibility to use on several vehicles (Between me and my wife we have had 6 different vehicles since 2009!) This little rack would work perfectly on My Jeep and Her Honda (which has since been traded into a Chevy Spark which the Hornet still works with!)

    I have used the Hornet at least ten times already, no super long trips yet, but I have had it a freeway speeds for 50 miles and taken it on some bumpy road and on real severe train track and it hasn't budged! It easy real easy to keep an eye on your bike while driving by using your rear view mirror.
    Check out my Blog!
    Yes ! I am posting on my Blog again! come visit!

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Here is a quick review of My Seasucker Hornet. More pics are on my blog

    Name:  Gryphon+On+Jeep.jpeg
Views: 3631
Size:  47.7 KB

    I was looking for a rack to use on my Jeep Liberty. My needs for a rack where simple carry one bike to the trail head with out damaging the bike or the vehicle, and if possible I prefer to keep the front wheel on the bike.

    I didn't want to go with a roof mounted system as the Jeep is fairly tall and it would be a chore to mount a bike on the roof after an exhausting ride. I also didn't want any rack that holds the frame by the top tube, which eliminates most Trunk mounted styles and all the lower priced hitch mounts.

    I currently do not have a hitch on the Jeep (and that's not a deal breaker to get one just the added cost) There are a lot of good hitch mounted racks out there.
    But I wanted something that wasn't bulky like a Yakima or Thule (Both great racks and would buy if I needed to carry multiple bikes all the time) I looked at the Saris Thelma, and I just couldn't do it. The Bike rack I almost bought was the 1up USA Single Bike Rack. It looked clean and not overly bulky, The 1up rack is $299 plus shipping and I would need to get a hitch installed $179 plus tax. So I was saving up $500 for this project when I stumbled across the Seasucker Hornet.

    I had eliminated the Seasucker racks from my search early on, It had nothing to do with my faith in there suction technology but all the 2012 designs required you to take the front wheel off. When I came across the Hornet I was immediately curious about it. I Read some reviews and found there website helpful.(SeaSucker Hornet)
    and at $175 it seemed to be a bargain!

    Another feature that sold me and I didn't think to add as a requirement is the flexibility to use on several vehicles (Between me and my wife we have had 6 different vehicles since 2009!) This little rack would work perfectly on My Jeep and Her Honda (which has since been traded into a Chevy Spark which the Hornet still works with!)

    I have used the Hornet at least ten times already, no super long trips yet, but I have had it a freeway speeds for 50 miles and taken it on some bumpy road and on real severe train track and it hasn't budged! It easy real easy to keep an eye on your bike while driving by using your rear view mirror.
    It looks like there is nothing holding the seat or rear of the bike in place. Does it sway from side to side at all?

  16. #66
    Master of the Obvious
    Reputation: Angus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp98 View Post
    It looks like there is nothing holding the seat or rear of the bike in place. Does it sway from side to side at all?

    There is only a little movement and its at slow speeds, the air hitting your front wheel applies down-force to keep it still
    Check out my Blog!
    Yes ! I am posting on my Blog again! come visit!

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Naturally Aspirated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    366
    Yeah, but wouldn't bumps in the road cause the seat to smack into the vehicle itself though?
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

  18. #68
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Reputation: ProEdgeBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Aspirated View Post
    Yeah, but wouldn't bumps in the road cause the seat to smack into the vehicle itself though?
    The weight of the bike alone causes it to minimize the movement but yes, you're correct, there are times where a bump will cause the seat to bounce.
    I have had a few people who have bought the Hornet also buy the 4.5" rear wheel holder that they use to strap their seat with to stop all movement.

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quick question to all you SeaSucker owners... Do you remove the rack components and store them in your car when you're out riding? And is this much of a hassle?

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by dj1809 View Post
    Quick question to all you SeaSucker owners... Do you remove the rack components and store them in your car when you're out riding? And is this much of a hassle?
    Yes. and no it takes like 10 seconds to remove the vaccum cups.

  21. #71
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Reputation: ProEdgeBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by dj1809 View Post
    Quick question to all you SeaSucker owners... Do you remove the rack components and store them in your car when you're out riding? And is this much of a hassle?
    Check it out:


  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    41
    Another quick question: would I need to use a fork adapter for my Santa Cruz Tallboy?

    Edit: I guess the fork is more important than the bike itself. It's a Reba RL (through axle).

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cman8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    511
    I have both the hurricane and the rocky mount. Prefer the rocky mount because it fits both 20mm and 15mm thru axles. Only thing is you have to tap one hole a little bigger and make it fit, but the ease to latch on is better IMO that the hurricane. If needed I can show you how I did it. Oh and I have the Mini bomber.


  24. #74
    PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Reputation: ProEdgeBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by dj1809 View Post
    Another quick question: would I need to use a fork adapter for my Santa Cruz Tallboy?

    Edit: I guess the fork is more important than the bike itself. It's a Reba RL (through axle).
    Yes, an adapter is needed for Lefty, 15mm or 20mm forks. We carry Hurricane Fork-Up adapters.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    81
    Anyone have any experience using the Hornet on a 2006 Honda CR-V? I'm assuming the spare tire would present a problem...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •