Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners... POST YOUR PICS!

85K views 143 replies 57 participants last post by  Cobra8d 
#1 ·
Since the other "Seasucker?" Thread has gotten so huge, I figured we start a new one so all the SeaSucker Bike Rack Owners can post a pic of their racks in use..

So LETS SEE THOSE SUCKERS!!:D

See less See more
#37 ·
No but I adapted my Thule ski rack to it. Works great. I just keep them in my car so they stay warm and they have worked good for me although I know they dont really say you can. But like I said I have had success with the cold and them staying on no issues knock on wood.

#43 ·
I found a mistake in the commercial. When he mounts the road bike on the car, he drops the fork in, and if you look closely at the car, there is no rear mount. All of the sudden, it is there.

#131 ·
Posted this on the other Seasucker forum, but I'll re-post here. Thanks again ProEdge for getting this to me so fast! (the seasucker base mount that is... not the Thule rack attachment)
I know this is an OLD post, but I have a 24" Redline PL24 and a vintage freestyle bike I want to mount, and I don't want to remove the wheel...

How do you like this solution? Did you have any issues with it?

What did you use to make it work? Seersucker mounts with a Thule base?

What parts?

Anyone else use a solution like this?

#56 · (Edited)
Jaja thank you for the link but, as you said, there is no boxster pics. I have write to seasucker guys asking if it is possible to mount Talon in the rear trunk of the boxster before buying, cause rear trunk is very short, and I´m just wondering what about rear wheel, any way to lock it to the rear bumper or something like that? case is simmilar to this one:

Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle

#57 ·
Jaja thank you for the link but, as you said, there is no boxster pics. I have write to seasucker guys asking if it is possible to mount Talon in the rear trunk of the boxster before buying, cause rear trunk is very short, and I´m just wondering what about rear wheel, any way to lock it to the rear bumper or something like that? case is simmilar to this one:

View attachment 772584
Is there a reason you want to lock the rear wheel and not use the sucker with the rear wheel strap? I see no reason why a talon wouldn't work on your Porsche boxster. Are you in the USA? Shoot me an email.

#61 ·
wow, so glad i stumbled on this thread... was leaning towards a yakima/thule roof rack... but this seems more practical.. anyone know whats the most a bike weighed that is currently using this? i dont have a lightweight like most of you guys... (mine is around 32-35lbs)... its a 45lbs limit but i wanted to know someone using this thats not a lightweight. thanks in advance

#64 ·
Here is a quick review of My Seasucker Hornet. More pics are on my blog

Bicycle tire Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Bicycle wheel

I was looking for a rack to use on my Jeep Liberty. My needs for a rack where simple carry one bike to the trail head with out damaging the bike or the vehicle, and if possible I prefer to keep the front wheel on the bike.

I didn't want to go with a roof mounted system as the Jeep is fairly tall and it would be a chore to mount a bike on the roof after an exhausting ride. I also didn't want any rack that holds the frame by the top tube, which eliminates most Trunk mounted styles and all the lower priced hitch mounts.

I currently do not have a hitch on the Jeep (and that's not a deal breaker to get one just the added cost) There are a lot of good hitch mounted racks out there.
But I wanted something that wasn't bulky like a Yakima or Thule (Both great racks and would buy if I needed to carry multiple bikes all the time) I looked at the Saris Thelma, and I just couldn't do it. The Bike rack I almost bought was the 1up USA Single Bike Rack. It looked clean and not overly bulky, The 1up rack is $299 plus shipping and I would need to get a hitch installed $179 plus tax. So I was saving up $500 for this project when I stumbled across the Seasucker Hornet.

I had eliminated the Seasucker racks from my search early on, It had nothing to do with my faith in there suction technology but all the 2012 designs required you to take the front wheel off. When I came across the Hornet I was immediately curious about it. I Read some reviews and found there website helpful.(SeaSucker Hornet)
and at $175 it seemed to be a bargain!

Another feature that sold me and I didn't think to add as a requirement is the flexibility to use on several vehicles (Between me and my wife we have had 6 different vehicles since 2009!) This little rack would work perfectly on My Jeep and Her Honda (which has since been traded into a Chevy Spark which the Hornet still works with!)

I have used the Hornet at least ten times already, no super long trips yet, but I have had it a freeway speeds for 50 miles and taken it on some bumpy road and on real severe train track and it hasn't budged! It easy real easy to keep an eye on your bike while driving by using your rear view mirror.

#65 ·
Here is a quick review of My Seasucker Hornet. More pics are on my blog

View attachment 795854

I was looking for a rack to use on my Jeep Liberty. My needs for a rack where simple carry one bike to the trail head with out damaging the bike or the vehicle, and if possible I prefer to keep the front wheel on the bike.

I didn't want to go with a roof mounted system as the Jeep is fairly tall and it would be a chore to mount a bike on the roof after an exhausting ride. I also didn't want any rack that holds the frame by the top tube, which eliminates most Trunk mounted styles and all the lower priced hitch mounts.

I currently do not have a hitch on the Jeep (and that's not a deal breaker to get one just the added cost) There are a lot of good hitch mounted racks out there.
But I wanted something that wasn't bulky like a Yakima or Thule (Both great racks and would buy if I needed to carry multiple bikes all the time) I looked at the Saris Thelma, and I just couldn't do it. The Bike rack I almost bought was the 1up USA Single Bike Rack. It looked clean and not overly bulky, The 1up rack is $299 plus shipping and I would need to get a hitch installed $179 plus tax. So I was saving up $500 for this project when I stumbled across the Seasucker Hornet.

I had eliminated the Seasucker racks from my search early on, It had nothing to do with my faith in there suction technology but all the 2012 designs required you to take the front wheel off. When I came across the Hornet I was immediately curious about it. I Read some reviews and found there website helpful.(SeaSucker Hornet)
and at $175 it seemed to be a bargain!

Another feature that sold me and I didn't think to add as a requirement is the flexibility to use on several vehicles (Between me and my wife we have had 6 different vehicles since 2009!) This little rack would work perfectly on My Jeep and Her Honda (which has since been traded into a Chevy Spark which the Hornet still works with!)

I have used the Hornet at least ten times already, no super long trips yet, but I have had it a freeway speeds for 50 miles and taken it on some bumpy road and on real severe train track and it hasn't budged! It easy real easy to keep an eye on your bike while driving by using your rear view mirror.
It looks like there is nothing holding the seat or rear of the bike in place. Does it sway from side to side at all?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.