Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Seasucker?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have mine toward the back and their is no noticeable wind noise.

I'd rather be on my bike
    I ran mine completely backwards, as it was the most stable set up for the car/bike combo. I didn't notice much noise at all.

'13 FELT TK3 / '09 Jamis Sonik
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2014 miles - 3002/2500

mtbr member

Seasucker?

Ran mine backwards the other day and it was silent. Thanks for the advice.

FWIW, the instructions explicitly state not to run it backwards.

I'd rather be on my bike
    I am not sure why they would say that. Maybe ProEdgeBiker can chime in here since he has quite a bit of experience with this rack.
    2014 miles - 3002/2500

mtbr member

Seasucker?

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    I am not sure why they would say that. Maybe ProEdgeBiker can chime in here since he has quite a bit of experience with this rack.
    It's definitely in the instructions not to do that but like you I know quiet a few people that run their racks backwards because they don't have another option. Even on the SS site they have a pick of the MB running 1 bike backwards: 3 bike mini-bomber seasucker bike rack | SeaSucker

I'd rather be on my bike
    With my car, that really was the only option for me. I have seen pictures of similar year Mustangs with bikes facing forward, but that didn't seem to work. I could never get the front mount to be stable up on the roof. I figured that it was far more stable on the rear glass with a flatter surface to mount to. Never had any issues with it.
    2014 miles - 3002/2500

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I mounted mine on my mustang forward(two cups on the roof and one on the glass) . I had to mount it close to the door and not the center of the roof. it would pop the roof in and out when it was centered.

I'd rather be on my bike
    I tried that as well, and the angle that it sat at made me very nervous. The center is absolutely no good, any bump and it feels like the whole thing will just pop right off.
    2014 miles - 3002/2500

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Seasucker Hornet - Detroit to Kansas City: 750 miles, 11 hours, 0 issues (flags removed for picture).

Seasucker?-wp_20140801_09_48_45_pro.jpg
    2014 Scott Spark 940
    2014 Focus Mares CX
    2010 Scott Speedster S40
    2009 Scott Aspect 55

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    How would this work mounting up a 40lb Fat Bike? Talon or would that Hornet work? I need an option.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpcgamer View Post
    How would this work mounting up a 40lb Fat Bike? Talon or would that Hornet work? I need an option.
    Hornet would work if you have a car that asked for it like the one above.
    Talon would also work but you'd have to buy your own fork mount. If you like, i can sell you one without the fork mount but you'd have to buy your own that is made for the Fat Bike fork like this one: Kuat The Dirtbag 9 Rack - at Moosejaw.com

Let me know if you're interested in either or you can just use the coupon code in my sig.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Anyone can explain me the metod to install 15mm axle bike in my seasucker talon. I purchase the 15mm thrue Axle adaptor for the rack in proedgebiker. When the package arrive I installed with the instruccion. But today when i going to pickup my bike in my local shop my fork match with the adaptor but the axle to secure the fork in the adapter is not to long to catch the complete fork and i don't know how i can install my bike in my seasucker with 15mm thrue axle fork mount. The only way is with the original 15mm axle that coming in my bike. But I don't know it is the right metod to secure my bike in the rack. With the factory axle the fork secure a little bit but when the car is in movement the bike move when i have any brake or curve in my street. I think the axle is not complete secure the fork and the bike is in risk.

mtbr member

Seasucker?

Quote Originally Posted by R0lan View Post
    Anyone can explain me the metod to install 15mm axle bike in my seasucker talon. I purchase the 15mm thrue Axle adaptor for the rack in proedgebiker. When the package arrive I installed with the instruccion. But today when i going to pickup my bike in my local shop my fork match with the adaptor but the axle to secure the fork in the adapter is not to long to catch the complete fork and i don't know how i can install my bike in my seasucker with 15mm thrue axle fork mount. The only way is with the original 15mm axle that coming in my bike. But I don't know it is the right metod to secure my bike in the rack. With the factory axle the fork secure a little bit but when the car is in movement the bike move when i have any brake or curve in my street. I think the axle is not complete secure the fork and the bike is in risk.
    Use the axle that holds the wheel on your bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Ok thank you mestapho

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    I tried that as well, and the angle that it sat at made me very nervous. The center is absolutely no good, any bump and it feels like the whole thing will just pop right off.
    Mine leans a few degrees but it been fine. even into triple digits and around high speed on ramps.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by R0lan View Post
    R0lan, we don't sell any 15mm adaptors. We do however sell the SeaSucker 15mm Mounts.
    If I can understand what you're typing, then YES, you are supposed to use the axle that came with your fork in order to secure to any 15mm fork mount since the axle is not included with the mounts. (except for the 9mm delta)
    And dont worry, your bike will not go anywhere.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    ProEdgeBiker you have PM

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18