Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Seasucker?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Anyone familiar with these? Curious is one would fit on the talon or bomber?

THE DIRTBAG PHAT 9
    Products » The Dirtbag | Küat

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by NoManerz View Post
    Thanks for the reply! After my own research and your comment of 2 years looks like I'm going for a mini bomber, pretty stoked!!!
    Can't go wrong with them my friend.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by trojan9x View Post
    Anyone familiar with these? Curious is one would fit on the talon or bomber?

THE DIRTBAG PHAT 9
    Products » The Dirtbag | Küat
    As long as the spacing of the holes where you attach to the SeaSucker platform is the same there shouldn't be any issues at all.

mtbr member
    got my rack mounted today and did a lil bit of riding around town just to be sure its good to go. she held pretty good so im happy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ProEdgeBiker View Post
    As long as the spacing of the holes where you attach to the SeaSucker platform is the same there shouldn't be any issues at all.
    I contacted the company but they never got back to me. 😕

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Here's a video i made of my mini bomber. It's not a review, just a quick vid playing with my new gopro. I sold my talon that i've used for 7 months to get the mini bomber so that should answer any questions regarding how i feel about the rack. It's great and here's a vid showing how solid it is driving on the freeway with high winds. Don't mind the roadies, it was maintenance day.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    My mini bomber made its first trip yesterday... wish the vacuum cups were 1/4" smaller, as they overhang the seams of the windshield and sunroof, but the suction part is all there and held on twisty roads and freeway speeds and strong sidewinds.

Haven't tried mounting two bikes yet--the two delta mounts are at the same offset angle as suggested in the instruction manual so I'm hoping the handlebars will fit parallel and offset, which I assume is the reasoning behind that suggestion.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmtb View Post
    wish the vacuum cups were 1/4" smaller, as they overhang the seams of the windshield and sunroof
    Replace them with the 4.5" SeaSuckers and your problem is solved. They use the exact same housing as the 6".

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    well they have held for days now, so it works as is... swapping in two 4.5" ones would be $100 + losing 180lbs of rated strength (though that's probably totally fine). but sure would make it fit better.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmtb View Post
    well they have held for days now, so it works as is... swapping in two 4.5" ones would be $100 + losing 180lbs of rated strength (though that's probably totally fine). but sure would make it fit better.
    You can always sell your 6"cups to recoup your $$$. & Yes, your MB would go from 840lbs rated pressure to 640lbs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Finally got the bikes loaded and mounted for my first trip with the sea suckers. Big thanks to pro edge biker for sending out the stuff to my sister while she was at Disney saving me mega bucks shipping to Canada. Already had 2-3 people asking me about it so I sent them your way Prodgebiker told them to email you and say Joe from Canada sent you. Maybe you can give them the same great service and cost.

Seasucker?-car-bike1.jpegSeasucker?-car-bike2.jpeg
    Last edited by Spidey2422; 06-17-2014 at 02:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    My bike (mounted to a mini-bomber) just survived a tornado... Seriously. Coming home from a ride when the sky looked a little dark, 5 more minutes that way and bam, I've never seen so much rain, hail, tree limbs flying past, trees coming down... sounded like a train on a treadmill right next to you. The local news is reporting a small tornado, not yet confirmed by the National Weather Service though. If it wasn't a tornado it sure was one hell of a thunderstorm.

The entire car was swaying with the changing of directions of the wind, I had to keep re-aligning the bike with the incoming wind. It was hard, ended up going in a circle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Great news is that both you and the bike made it out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by James K View Post
    My bike (mounted to a mini-bomber) just survived a tornado... Seriously. Coming home from a ride when the sky looked a little dark, 5 more minutes that way and bam, I've never seen so much rain, hail, tree limbs flying past, trees coming down... sounded like a train on a treadmill right next to you. The local news is reporting a small tornado, not yet confirmed by the National Weather Service though. If it wasn't a tornado it sure was one hell of a thunderstorm.

The entire car was swaying with the changing of directions of the wind, I had to keep re-aligning the bike with the incoming wind. It was hard, ended up going in a circle.
    Marty-mj
    Dakar 650b Pro Full Squish & Trek Farley Fat Bike

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2422 View Post
    Finally got the bikes loaded and mounted for my first trip with the sea suckers. Big thanks to pro edge biker for sending out the stuff to my sister while she was at Disney saving me mega bucks shipping to Canada. Already had 2-3 people asking me about it so I sent them your way Prodgebiker told them to email you and say Joe from Canada sent you. Maybe you can give them the same great service and cost.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car and bike1.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	901681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	car and bike2.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	901682
    You're welcome my friend. ENJOY!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Last edited by R0lan; 07-10-2014 at 04:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Just did my first big trip with the mini-bomber.
    Worked awesome. 6 hrs up I5 in CA to OR. Consistently drove around 75 mph and had no issues.
    My only complaint is the noise. Man it is not a quiet rack. Anyone come up with a solution to quiet this thing down?

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Worked awesome. 6 hrs up I5 in CA to OR. Consistently drove around 75 mph and had no issues.
    My only complaint is the noise. Man it is not a quiet rack. Anyone come up with a solution to quiet this thing down?
    What roof rack that didnt make noise did you use before?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Are you sure it's not the bike ?

Try putting the rack on and driving with it and see if there is noise. If not it's the bike.

ps Kuat trays are silent on my roof because they don't have the skewer mounts on them.
    Marty-mj
    Dakar 650b Pro Full Squish & Trek Farley Fat Bike

mtbr member

Seasucker?

What roof rack that didnt make noise did you use before?
    A hitch rack.

mtbr member

Seasucker?

Quote Originally Posted by Way2ManyBikes View Post
    Are you sure it's not the bike ?

Try putting the rack on and driving with it and see if there is noise. If not it's the bike.

ps Kuat trays are silent on my roof because they don't have the skewer mounts on them.
    I'll give it a try bikeless and see.

I'd rather be on my bike
    A hitch rack.
    He asked which roof rack, not a hitch rack. It makes noise as there is something up on the roof, standing up. Pretty much all roof racks, expensive and cheap, make noise. Do 75 on the highway, open the window, and put your hand out, vertically. The wind hits your hand, and there is resistance. Now figure how much a bike causes. Try putting the bike on backwards, rear tire facing forward and seeing if that helps. If it doesn't, just turn the stereo up louder and deal with it.
    '13 FELT TK3 / '09 Jamis Sonik
    The pedals turn, not just the left one, but the right one too.
    2014 miles - 2319/2500

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
    He asked which roof rack, not a hitch rack. It makes noise as there is something up on the roof, standing up. Pretty much all roof racks, expensive and cheap, make noise. Do 75 on the highway, open the window, and put your hand out, vertically. The wind hits your hand, and there is resistance. Now figure how much a bike causes. Try putting the bike on backwards, rear tire facing forward and seeing if that helps. If it doesn't, just turn the stereo up louder and deal with it.

I've ridden with other people with roof racks loaded and they weren't nearly as loud as the Mini-bomber.

Anyway, I drove into work today with the rack mounted bikeless and it is still pretty noisy. It starts at about 50mph and
    increases in volume from there. It's not as loud as when loaded with a bike.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    I've ridden with other people with roof racks loaded and they weren't nearly as loud as the Mini-bomber.

Anyway, I drove into work today with the rack mounted bikeless and it is still pretty noisy. It starts at about 50mph and
    increases in volume from there. It's not as loud as when loaded with a bike.
    Do you have the rack towards the front of the car? try moving it back so the air stream goes over the rack.
    Remember that those friends you rode with that have quieter racks, cant remove theirs in a couple seconds so they are more than likely always riding around with a noisy rack on top even without bikes.

mtbr member

Seasucker?

Do you have the rack towards the front of the car? try moving it back so the air stream goes over the rack.
    Remember that those friends you rode with that have quieter racks, cant remove theirs in a couple seconds so they are more than likely always riding around with a noisy rack on top even without bikes.
    Don't get me wrong. I love the rack. Was just wondering if anyone had figured out a way to quiet it down. No need to reinvent the wheel. It's front facing mounted near the front windshield.

I think I'll cut some foam to fill the space between the rack and the car around the cups.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Don't get me wrong. I love the rack. Was just wondering if anyone had figured out a way to quiet it down. No need to reinvent the wheel. It's front facing mounted near the front windshield.

I think I'll cut some foam to fill the space between the rack and the car around the cups.
    Not sure on what type of car you have but try to move it towards the back. You can also do what TenSpeed suggested and put the bikes backwards.
    There are more than a couple configurations you can try with these racks.. thats the beauty of SeaSucker.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast