mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Saris Thelma rack and a 29er?

I bought the rack and am now finding that i have to let the air out of the tire just to get my commuter bike on. Road bikes fit fine and the 26ers fit fine. Is there a better way? or should I just forget about a 29er for now.
    I Ride Bikes.

mtbr member
    i have a saris thelma also and a while back the yellow tabs,the part they rest on when i mounted my 26er lol i pushed back too hard one side snapped off and it now the bananna sits a tiny bit farther back and allows me to put a 2.1 29er tire in place with ease.

im not suggesting you break your rack i just thought it was funny that you asked this question.

to be perfectly honest though if you did end up getting rid of the tab thats on the banannas lower for this reason the bike would stay in place perfectly fine mine does.

mtbr member
    ill take a pic tomorrow up close if you are thinking about doing this let me know

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tryallrider
    ill take a pic tomorrow up close if you are thinking about doing this let me know
    Acutally I know exactly what your talking about, I'm sure I could take a bit of material away from there and it would work... Good Call
    I Ride Bikes.

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryallrider
    Hey tryallrider any luck with the pictures? I have a 29er on order and I think I'll be going with the thelma rack.