mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Saris Roof Rack -- Cleaning out my gararge

Hi all,

Newbie to this forum.

I have entirely switched to a hitch rack and am getting rid of my roof rack system. Offer whatever you feel is appropriate, I'd rather it went to good use than to the trash.

I have a Saris 901 load bars (2), clips (#'s 1,10, 24, 27). To see the fit guide, go here:

http://biowheels.com/wp-content/uplo...-Fit-Guide.pdf

Scroll towards the bottom to get to the roof rack section.

I also have two of the single bike carriers and one tandem tray (the two single carriers get mounted on the tandem tray to carry a tandem).

I have keys for the racks.

I also have a funky thing called the BikeLift by NewSport -- it's a hydraulic lift mechanism that's pretty slick but the company went South. I'll throw that in as well for anyone interested.

If you're not local to the Twin Cities of Minnesota, I'll ship but you'll have to pay the fees.

The Saris roof racks were pretty nicely engineered but couldn't compete with the Thule and Yakima folks.

Sadly, my other set of load bars and the ski box died in a rollover (that was the only thing that died -- thankfully).

If you'd like photos, let me know and I'll throw them up on the web.

Thanks,

Boris

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Boris, I have a Saris rack system, and I am looking for a set of #24 clips. I live in the twin cities, and I will give you $25 for the #24 clips that you have. Let me know if you are willing to part with just the #24 clips. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi Boris, How are you? I may be interested in the Load Bars you have. I have a full Saris Roof Rack set up and bought a different car that my #906 59"Load bars are too wide for. I have trays for 4 bikes so I don't want to toss the set up(even though it's old. Do you still have them? And if so, How narrow will they go when tightened in all the way. I guess measured where clip would be. Let me know when you get the chance. Thanks, Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by BorisMD View Post
    Hi all,

Newbie to this forum.

I have entirely switched to a hitch rack and am getting rid of my roof rack system. Offer whatever you feel is appropriate, I'd rather it went to good use than to the trash.

I have a Saris 901 load bars (2), clips (#'s 1,10, 24, 27). To see the fit guide, go here:

http://biowheels.com/wp-content/uplo...-Fit-Guide.pdf

Scroll towards the bottom to get to the roof rack section.

I also have two of the single bike carriers and one tandem tray (the two single carriers get mounted on the tandem tray to carry a tandem).

I have keys for the racks.

I also have a funky thing called the BikeLift by NewSport -- it's a hydraulic lift mechanism that's pretty slick but the company went South. I'll throw that in as well for anyone interested.

If you're not local to the Twin Cities of Minnesota, I'll ship but you'll have to pay the fees.

The Saris roof racks were pretty nicely engineered but couldn't compete with the Thule and Yakima folks.

Sadly, my other set of load bars and the ski box died in a rollover (that was the only thing that died -- thankfully).

If you'd like photos, let me know and I'll throw them up on the web.

Thanks,

Boris

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Boris,

How many sets if the #10 clips do you have? If you have two sets, 4 in total, I want them. Let me know, thanks!

Jeff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicycle View Post
    Hi Boris, How are you? I may be interested in the Load Bars you have. I have a full Saris Roof Rack set up and bought a different car that my #906 59"Load bars are too wide for. I have trays for 4 bikes so I don't want to toss the set up(even though it's old. Do you still have them? And if so, How narrow will they go when tightened in all the way. I guess measured where clip would be. Let me know when you get the chance. Thanks, Scott
    If Boris doesn't help you out, and not to highjack the thread, but I have a set of #901 load bars that are too narrow for a car I want to use them on, but the #906 is exactly what I need. We could trade load bars if you are interested, so the only cost would be shipping. PM me if this interests you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Has anybody heard from Boris?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Boris,

I am in desperate need of the #10 clips for the saris roof rack. I would most definitely buy them from you if they are still available. Get back when you can.

Thanks,

Nick Saramandich
    nsaramandich@me.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I am also looking for #24 clips for my Pontiac G6 since I have a Saris Rack that will fit it (provided I have the clips!) Do you have any more #24 clips?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    What's up with a the new posters posting on this particular thread? All joined in June just to post in here?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by magnato1 View Post
    Boris,

How many sets if the #10 clips do you have? If you have two sets, 4 in total, I want them. Let me know, thanks!

Jeff

Hey Boris,

Sure would love to get those #10 clips. Where ya at? PM me. Thanks

Jeff

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by njmlacroix View Post
    I am also looking for #24 clips for my Pontiac G6 since I have a Saris Rack that will fit it (provided I have the clips!) Do you have any more #24 clips?
    Hi, I have 4 - #24 clips available. One of the clips is slightly bent at the top and would need to be straightened, but I think it will straighten just fine. Also have #1, #18 and #83 clips. Let me know if you're interested!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I just sold the #24 clips so they're no longer available.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi Jeff, Still want the #10's?

Sorry for the delay, life's been too busy lately.

Boris

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Boris
    Yes, absolutely. How much shipped to 93101?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I need (4) #24 saris clips for my roof rack too!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by magnato1 View Post
    Yes, absolutely. How much shipped to 93101?
    Boris? Can we make this happen?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Boris

I'm still waiting Boris. PM your email so I can start using my racks! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi...I have 4-#24 clips if anyone is still looking for them. Also have #'s 1,67,18 too. PM me if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bauers007 View Post
    Hi...I have 4-#24 clips if anyone is still looking for them. Also have #'s 1,67,18 too. PM me if you're interested.
    These are sold

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I am new to this forum. I am in need of a Saris 906 Talon load bar set. Have been a satisfied user of Saris for 15 years and was sorry to learn that they left the roof rack business.