mtbr member

Saris Bones 3 bikes?

I did a search and just saw posts on the 2 bike Saris Bones.. Any experience with the 3 bike rack? I used a Thule 3 bike rack a few years ago (trunk mount as well) and it was a PIA... promised myself never again.. but just comparing $$ vs hitch and hitch mount 3 bike rack... 3 bikes is easily almost 90 lbs...

Or any other trunk mount 3 bike rack?
    Better 2 ask 4 pardon than 2 ask for permission. Recall that nxt time U feel you have 2 ask ur wife if U can buy something

FresnoGiant
    I used one a few years back. Had to eventually go to something else. It worked fine at first. Nice fit and looks but that's about it. The lack of adjustability on bike mounting makes it very difficult to mount three bikes. Also doesn't work with some frame types.

The thumbscrews are cheap plastic and stripped at the threads. The replacements were aluminum but stripped one of the mount holes. Overall not very impressed.

If possible, go with a platform style hitch mount rack. I put one on my Civic and two years later it's still going strong. Much less hassle to use and way better adjustability.