Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sairs T Rax Hitch Rack

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fishwrinkle 
#1 ·
#2 ·
No, that is not a decent rack. That is a poor rack from about 1998. There are much better racks available today that won't swing back and forth, wont require straps to keep the bikes from swinging, wont mess up the top-tubes and wont be overstressed if you actually put as many bikes on them as they can handle.

This is a decent rack for the money, although if you can spring it there are better ones that will be a better value, despite being a bit more. Sportrack 2 Bike Tilting Platform Rack > Accessories > Car and Truck Racks > Hitch Racks | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

#3 ·
That's what I was thinking too,as it looks LOTS like the old Yakima I currently have to use (which I bought at a yard sale for 25 bucks several years ago and have only used-until now-on rare occasions to haul old rusty cruisers home). That one you linked is more what I'd be wanting,AND the LBS has those in stock (at $235 though...) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.