mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Roof rack tad too high :(

Hello,

So after I got a High Roller roof rack for the Jeep it turned out it sits a tad too high for me I can still deadlift my DH beast on it but it's pretty hard to position the tires.

Thinking that there must be others here who have had this issue - what is your solution?

Maybe a step/stool or something similar? Sounds pretty lame but to me it seems it's either that or find a tall friend... or another rack, of course, but I'd like to use the High Roller

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lernr View Post
    Hello,

So after I got a High Roller roof rack for the Jeep it turned out it sits a tad too high for me I can still deadlift my DH beast on it but it's pretty hard to position the tires.

Thinking that there must be others here who have had this issue - what is your solution?

Maybe a step/stool or something similar? Sounds pretty lame but to me it seems it's either that or find a tall friend... or another rack, of course, but I'd like to use the High Roller

Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    My wife had the same issue. On my car, its a stretch for me, but i can do it, however its too tall for my wife. She went to Target and got a little foot tall folding step stool. I think it was $15 and it folds flat, we just leave it in the back of my car, doesn't take up any extra room.

I've used quite a few times for myself after a hard ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Try putting your bike on top of a lifted Xterra! I'm 6'3" and it is really hard for me! I went to a hitch mounted rack.

Resident Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by lernr View Post
    Hello,

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

bit pricy but sturdy as hell

Aluminum Folding Step - Stromberg Carlson PA-100 - RV Steps - Camping World
    Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thank you guys - so it looks like you also do the step approach, this helps!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Just open the door and you have your step.

mtbr member
    I have the same problem with my CRV. I just carry a folding step stool in the back. I've had to do the open the door for a step a few times. That's no fun, much easier to just pull out a stool.