mtbr member

Roof rack for saturn vue

My mom drives an 03 saturn vue, and I want to get her a roof rack for it so she can transport her bike more easily.

I'm an avid mountain biker, and know 99% of what there is to know about bikes. However im clueless when it comes to racks. So you tell me, what will work on a saturn vue, that would be easy for her to operate. Preferably one that doesnt require removing the front wheel.
    Check out this organization that I ride with:
    www.r2rministry.org

http://www.facebook.com/destindanserphotography

code: mtbr2011
    how is the roof currently configured? is there a factory installed rack system on top? if so, does it have a crossbar that goes from side-to-side?

if not, is there a receive hitch?

roof racks can be a little intimidating for people to load their bikes overhead, especially with the front wheel on....something to keep in mind.

Former Bike Wrench
    The 2002-2007 Vue has rails that will accept a factory cross bars. GM no longer makes them, but there are after market replicas available. Super easy to install, but limited to about 100 lbs. I have a set on my 2005 Vue, but I prefer to carry my bike on a hitch mounted rack (receiver hitch after market as well)

http://www.roofrackforcars.com/roof-...turn-vue-02-up

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Destin
    My mom drives an 03 saturn vue, and I want to get her a roof rack for it so she can transport her bike more easily.

I'm an avid mountain biker, and know 99% of what there is to know about bikes. However im clueless when it comes to racks. So you tell me, what will work on a saturn vue, that would be easy for her to operate. Preferably one that doesnt require removing the front wheel.
    first question really, is: can your mom manuever the bike up to the roof? If she can't... then a roof rack mounted holder is not a good idea.