mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Rocky Mounts Jawbridge bike holder?

Anybody use one of these? Considering one of these over the Thule sidearm. They are a bit cheaper and made locally to me (Boulder).

Ninja Master Powers
    Quote Originally Posted by honkylipz View Post
    Anybody use one of these? Considering one of these over the Thule sidearm. They are a bit cheaper and made locally to me (Boulder).
    I haven't used that particular rack; but I've used their pitch fork rack for over two years now and have had zero problems with the rack itself.

I've had some problems with the locks on the skewers but Rocky Mounts has replaced them with no questions asked, the latest ( and hopefully last ) replacements are on the way to me now.

Overall I'd say Rocky Mounts makes great products with good quality at very good prices and has excellent customer service.

mtbr member
    I just ordered one today! I'll let you know more when I get it.
    60% of the time ......it works all the time

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    So did you get it? What's the verdict? I'm looking at one of these for my DH bike, but I'm not sure that the jaw mechanism will work with the big downtube, and I'm pretty close to the 35lb weight limit.

mtbr member
    For what its worth I just bought the "Tie Rod" and installed it on my 2012 CR-V and I love it!

I have hauled my dualie, and my singlespeed on it and I have no worries about the bike being up there. The rack has like a 200lb weight limit on it so as long as your crossbars are rated to hold the weight of your bike the rack will support it.
    Trek 4300 Disc
    Trek Soho S
    Haro 124
    Haro Flightline one

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thx - I have a few fork mounted racks on my car already, and the bike works on them. I'm looking for something where I don't have to take off the front wheel, which requires an allen wrench to remove the thru axle. I can get a decent deal on the jawbridge, but I'm not sure that it will fit my rig

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiMtb View Post
    Thx - I have a few fork mounted racks on my car already, and the bike works on them. I'm looking for something where I don't have to take off the front wheel, which requires an allen wrench to remove the thru axle. I can get a decent deal on the jawbridge, but I'm not sure that it will fit my rig
    I hear ya.....

Rocky mounts products are great and I will buy another tie rod very soon, I just bought one to see the quality first now I'm sold on them.

I imagine you could go ahead and get one and then if your not satisfied with fitment he would take it back.
    Trek 4300 Disc
    Trek Soho S
    Haro 124
    Haro Flightline one

mtbr member
    The jaw bridge is awesome! I have no complaints and very easy to install. There isn't very much "wiggle" while driving fast
    60% of the time ......it works all the time

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Good timing...just ordered mine yesterday. I hope it works with the big bike!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Bummer. Doesn't clasp the down tube of my dh bike. Looks like it's headed to Craigslist.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm bumping this old thread to see if anyone else has used this rack. How large of a down tube can it fit? Does the downtube clamp scratch/abrade your down tube? How securely does the rack attach to the car? (Looks like it doesn't lock.)