mtbr member
    Jan 2017

Ride88 ultimate truck bed bike rack

This is a Kickstarter project that I've been working on for a long time now. It's a new rack design to carry your bikes in a truck or trailer. Check it out at RIDE88.com and please let me know what you think. I am targeting this to launch in about a week. Looking for some ideas on how to improve my presentation. The design loads your bike in a second with the tires still on! I can't imagine it could get any easier. Thanks!

Ride88 ultimate truck bed bike rack-wet-rack.jpg
    Last edited by Design88; 05-13-2017 at 12:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I been thinking bout something like this for about ) months.
    If quality made I think you will do very well
    I'll take one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Jab70 Thanks for your comments. I have been using my prototypes shown in the picture for a couple seasons without failures. Just worked out the bugs like upgrading to nyloc bolts etc. It's pretty dialed in now.
    Last edited by Design88; 05-13-2017 at 04:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I've been using Thule instagator and sometimes just tossing bike in.
    No bikes of mine have QR. one of the prob with gator is loose contact in tailgate pinch. It always works loose enough to let bike flop a bit on gravel roads.
    Your cam lockdown looks good. I refuse to buy a short bed pickup cause I want my bike inside the box, notdangling on the hitch waiting for a texting driver to mangle my carbon.
    Your. Lamps look pretty flexible as well. Good idea with the variety of tire/wheel out there. Best of luck!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quick release everything: check
    Doesn't touch the fork/frame: check
    Can hold either front or rear wheel: check

Looks like a very nice design, good luck to your endeavor.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    the-one1 thanks for taking the time to look at it. Now I want to add one more check. Sold enough to fund Kickstarter: check! We shall see.

Hi There!
    Very cool. I also have the instagater but i gave my truck to my daughter. I would have bought this for sure instead. Best of luck to you.

Edit: just realized something...does the bar go tight on a bed liner as well?
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGweed View Post
    Very cool. I also have the instagater but i gave my truck to my daughter. I would have bought this for sure instead. Best of luck to you.

Edit: just realized something...does the bar go tight on a bed liner as well?
    If your bed liner covers the factory holes then you would need to drill a hole in the liner.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I like your design. I used to use an Insta-gator as well, but bike wheelbases have gotten so long that it no longer works for me. This design obviously would work with the tailgate down. Love to see where your price point comes in.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    For Kickstarter we will be lowering prices a fair bit but we have to be careful. If you go to the website you will find future retail prices under the shopping link at the top. Just click on the product you are wanting. Please let me know your opinion of the pricing. http://ride88.com

I am also looking at making a cheaper mounting option that would eliminate the cross bar but will require drilling for those who don't mind.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    The pricing is roughly what I'd expect. Not cheap, not awfully expensive. I'm not in the market as I have a custom over the bed rack system already. If I were looking to buy, your setup is clean and I'd be interested.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Blatant- That's good feedback. I appreciate you looking at it. Once I get the single mount completed I will post it. That should drop the retail of the mounting parts a lot for those who only need a single rack.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Very Nice and I'm very critical of bike racks. Had I not invested in a North Shore 4 rack for the family trips I would consider this. Maybe on my next truck? I've been using my RecRac and it is great and cheap for 2 bikes. 4 bikes isn't great though.
    Your design is the first bike rack I've seen using similar design to the ATK bike shoes I used for years on my Moto bikes in the trailer. Nice work.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Great feedback chasejj. Thanks for the positive review. I just reached out to all my friends in the industry to help plan a launch. I am thinking June 7th is the day!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I don't own a truck so I'm not your target market, but I just wanted to wish you luck as this looks like a great design and a very good idea.

One question: When the bikes are locked in by its front wheel, do you ever find the back ends swinging around (and potentially contacting one another? That's the only potential worry I could come up with after watching your video. Great work.

mtbr member
    I like your design and I think others will too. I'd hate to see a rack get ripped off from a parking lot while the owner is out riding. Have you thought of a way to secure the rack to your bed? Locking pins, tamper resistant bolts, etc.?
    The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine. ~ John Howard

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Yes it locks in!Ride88 ultimate truck bed bike rack-rail-lock.jpg

mtbr member
    Using an Instagater in my Super Duty but currently trying to sell it as we aim to be debt free.

However... this system as designed will definitely be given a hard look when I eventually pick up a new truck in the future!

Best of luck in this endeavor!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Great to here that. This needs support to become a reality as it is a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. We have 32 days left to raise funding. Here's a great video that's easy to share. Anyone who has a great idea for us on how or where we can promote this we are interested to hear it!