mtbr member
    Nov 2014

Pilot or Explorer

Anyone have a 2015 Pilot or Explorer and slide their bikes in back? They both look like they have nice wide hatches but I can't find exact measurements anywhere online. They look bigger than an Outback, but looks can be deceiving.

mtbr member

Pilot or Explorer

I have neither but for what it's worth I did just see a guy at a trail with a current model pilot and his bike was mounted to the floor standing up with the front wheel off.

mtbr member

Pilot or Explorer

I have. 2013 pilot and the room in the back is ridiculously big. I don't transport my bike in the back but if I wanted to I probably could fit it standing up without the front wheel. The trunk space is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member

Pilot or Explorer

Any chance you could measure the height and length with the seats folded? Do the seats fold flat?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Yes, the seats (second and third row) fold flat. I have a Pilot and love it. Sorry, I don't have the measurements, but I have put my bike in the back several times with just one side of the middle seats folded down.

The pilot also has two gear compartments in the back, so you can stow extra gear and not have it rolling around.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Pilot interior bike transport

I have a 2004 Pilot and routinely transport two fat bikes, upright with seat dropped and front wheels off in the back. I use cam straps with hooks on the handlebar, one each side, hooked to the flip down hooks of the interior. It works great and keeps the road salt off the bikes in the winter.

Pilot or Explorer-img_20150102_144424.jpg

Sorry for the sideways photo, but you can see with my small fat bike I can leave the saddle installed. It touches the headliner. I use a rubber trunkliner tray and winter door mat under the back of he bike to catch slush and slop. No front axle attachment, the pressure of the cam straps is enough.