Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Only one option for this car

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  TenSpeed 
#1 ·
Seasucker?

Said goodbye to my Audi A4, and hello to this beast. 2013 GT with a 6 speed. Absolutely love it!!

I don't know if a bike will fit in the trunk, and honestly, I don't care. It looks like it would, but I am not sure. Looks like it is Seasucker time. Not sure that a hitch can go on this car, and not sure that I want one on there.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hitch would be my choice.... I am old fashioned though and don't trust suction cups with my bike. Nice car BTW.... I test drove one before I bought my new car. I would have bought the GT but it felt like a little small for my needs. I wish there was a true sedan analogous to the Mustang (Hello? Falcon?).

Definitely no trunk rack and no roof rack on that car though....

#4 ·
Yes, you can put a hitch on the Mustang. I haven't got one on mine yet (I use my other car to haul the bike) but they are available. I have nothing against the Seasucker, but a hitch and 1up Quick Rack would be my choice for transporting with the Mustang.

Nice ride, btw. Here's my '12:

#5 ·
Yes, you can put a hitch on the Mustang. I haven't got one on mine yet (I use my other car to haul the bike) but they are available. I have nothing against the Seasucker, but a hitch and 1up Quick Rack would be my choice for transporting with the Mustang.
With those cars I guess a lot depends on how the hitch looks with a rack off it. Wouldn't want one of those bad ponys looking too agricultural. My new Focus hitch is fairly hidden away, not invisible but it looks fine.

#13 ·
I put a "Hidden Hitch"on my '11 GT. I had to do some fiddling, because they changed the rear valance for the 2011 from the 2010. Because the valance was deeper, the 2011 hitch hung down like something you'd see on Mom's station wagon. Wasn't going to work for me.

So I got a 2010 rear valance from Ford, and Hidden-hitch for the same year. I had to do a little re-arranging of the rear muffler hangars ($25 worth of welding on the muffler and replaced one 2011 hanger with the 2010 one), but now I have a hitch that just barely hangs down under the valance.

I also use it to tow a small trailer with my race tires to autocrosses, so it does double-duty.

If anyone with an 11 or 12 5.0 wants details, email me. For the 2013's I'm not sure what is available yet, because it looks like the rear valance is a bit lower than the 2011's, and most of it is part of the rear bumper cover.

Mark

Forum won't let me attach an image until I have 10 posts, but you can view it (sorta) here:
i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/gatormark91/bike_on_mustang.jpg

#20 ·
Everyone always asks me to do "burnouts" with my big-V8 car. It's just ridiculous. Do these people have any idea how much the tires cost? 600+ for two. Why would I want to take the tread down on the rear, that's going to lead to bad things. These cars have made strides for all around handling and will eat up mountain roads like crazy (abiet with more bouncing in mustang), pulling over 1g lateral G for 1LE or Boss models. If you want a car to go fast over a short distance, get an AWD car that can be clutch-dumped or that kicks in a turbo, that way you'll shoot ahead 5 car lengths from a stop and feel like you are the fastest person in the world.

#21 ·
Everyone always asks me to do "burnouts" with my big-V8 car. It's just ridiculous. Do these people have any idea how much the tires cost? 600+ for two. Why would I want to take the tread down on the rear, that's going to lead to bad things. These cars have made strides for all around handling and will eat up mountain roads like crazy (abiet with more bouncing in mustang), pulling over 1g lateral G for 1LE or Boss models. If you want a car to go fast over a short distance, get an AWD car that can be clutch-dumped or that kicks in a turbo, that way you'll shoot ahead 5 car lengths from a stop and feel like you are the fastest person in the world.
Yes ^ lmao. :thumbsup:

#22 ·
And don't get me wrong, I respect such cars (and I'll be shopping for one next year), they are very practically fun and fast, but everything has it's place. There are light cars that handle well, heavy cars that handle well, cars with good low-end acceleration, cars with good top-end acceleration.

#23 ·
No big burnouts here, because of the mentioned price of tires, oh, and gas as well.

ou2mame - it was really easy. I really liked the Audi, especially the Quattro. However, I have had a hunger for owning a Mustang since before I was 16. My Mom had a 1967.5 inline 6 in a horrible green color with a black faux top and black vinyl interior that would give you third degree burns in the summer. I loved that car, and have pretty much lusted after Mustangs ever since I can remember. The opportunity just need seemed like the right time, until now. I have no regrets in getting rid of that Audi. It was a nice riding, quiet and comfortable luxury car that had a bit of sport feeling to it. The 2.0 turbo 4 banger made decent power.

All it took was a test drive of this car, and I was sold.

#24 ·
I also went with a Shelby GT500 axle back exhaust system for it. Woke it right up. It now sounds like it should. The stock exhaust was decent, but this is what you would expect it to hear like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.