mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Nissan Truck Fork Mounting

Does anyone make a mount that will work with the rail system that comes with the truck? I searched briefly here but could not find anything. I usually just lay my bike in the bed but plan on getting a new bike soon and want to have a way to stand it up.

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Wheel off.

RockyMounts - Clutch SD Truck Mount Bike Carrier

Wheel on.

Bike Racks for Trucks, Mountian Bike Racks by Pipeline Racks

I have the rocky mount and it's worked great for years...just got the pipeline and have not installed it yet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Re: Nissan Truck Fork Mounting

Why not use a set of tie downs and the cleats that came with the truck? A set of tie downs are cheap and effective. This is how I transport my bike in my Frontier.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I thought of that as I have tie downs as well just wanted to see what else was out there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Are you willing to remove the front tire each time or not?

Either way, the answer to your question is Uni-Strut. Its like a grownups version of erector sets. The Uni-Strut rails are the same width as the nissan rail, but the Nissan rails are shallower, so you will have to very slightly modify the pressure springs on the feet.

www.thegardenjumps.com
    Oct 2006
    I have a frontier with rails in the bed and I love it. Look a couple threads down there is a post about pipeline and you can see pictures of my truck. ( Truck Bed Rack, No Wheel Removal - Pipeline Best Option? ) Before I got the pipeline rack I used cheapo fork mounts with the Uni-Strut. It was cheap, easy to set up, and the bikes were solid in the bed, I just didn't want to remove the front wheel anymore.
    I actually used the Uni-Strut for my pipeline rack as well. They are great and you will find many uses for them, you can hook all sorts of things onto the rails with them and they only cost a couple bucks at home depot or lowes.

-Jenks

AKJ
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Here's what I did...

Go to a hardware store and buy:

- 1 package of 3/8ths cone nuts (they're in the conduit section, ask someone how to get there and you should find them there). They fit in the utili-track.

- some 3/8ths bolts, I found some black ones to match.

- Thru-axle rack. Here. If you don't have a thru-axle they made a quick release version. Like this one.

Thru-axle mount:
    Name:  31wt-Cu5UvL.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  13.7 KB

Total price was about $25.

EDR
    I simply use some $10 fork mounts attached to my Nissan Rail system using Unistrut nuts I got from work. They are square spring loaded nuts made for this type of material.

(I've added a Fork Up for my 20mm Maxle bike)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (2.4 KB, 54 views)

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Wow who knew there were so many options thanks for the guidance.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    I have a 2012 frontier and just put a fork mount on my utilitrack using these Tacoma Tie Downs - Page 2 - ADVrider . Just pull off the plastic cone and you have a very good "nut" that locks right into the track. Work great and looks custom. I bought a delta fork mount with an option for putting a pad lock on it and the hardware for under $20. Not bad!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    great, I have tie downs as well just wanted to see what else was out there.*********************l/zgjULx[/img]

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The Wheel Wally fits trucks with standard rails or "track system" rails (Toyota and Nissan).
    No wheel removal is required. WheelWally - Truck Mounted Bike Rack - Wheel Attachment System

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I had a Frontier for 6 years. I fabbed a couple of tire-holders with the Uni-strut nuts and angle aluminum. Originally, pictured below, I used the factory stop blocks as stand-offs for the angle aluminum, but they got tossed in favor of the Unistrut nuts. Dirt bikes here, but the tire holders worked great for the MB. Using eye-bolts provides an additional tie-down point for other activities. Front tire in the holder, then a ratchet strap around the seat post and fastened to the side rails with the factory rail hooks (or you can use the floor track for one end of the strap, creating an "X" with the straps when two bikes are loaded).

Here are the tire brackets and a couple of extra tie-down eyes (they're 3/8" x 16 thread pitch) for any part of the track. IIRC, there are a couple of different sizes of the Unistrut nuts. Different size threads in the middle and different thickness. I didn't need to file these down for use in the front and side rails, but I think they wouldn't fit in the floor rails. It was a lot of beers ago, so I'm not sure. All I did is snip the springs off the nuts, matched the thread to some eye-hooks, threw on some washers and off to the races.

That Frontier factory rail system is about the best option ever. Very handy. I miss it.
    Last edited by Rat Face; 03-13-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: nunya