mtbr member
    Nov 2005

New Tray for my Rocky Mounts

Currently using my rocky mount (euro lariat) and with a heavier DH bike the trays are too flexy/narrow - Anyone know if I can use a Yakima or Thule tray with the rocky head? If so which one?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    bueller?

code: mtbr2011
    rocky mounts makes the slx trays, which are wider for bigger tires...same design as the old one, but with a wider profile for bigger tires....

take a look here....... http://www.rockymounts.com/ProductDe...oductCode=1805

i've got a couple of silver ones in stock here....p.m. me if you're interested......

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    do you have a sense if these are any stiffer? or just wider

not really stiffer...i just flexed both trays....they are wider, however, and will nest a 2.4 dh tire pretty well.
    tray construction isn't really any different between that and a yakima tray.
    if you are going to use a yakima tray, you will need a steelhead tray...it's got the squared off profile. the copperhead, viper and others are rounded off. and wont' attach to the rocky mounts. you might also need to drill a hole in the tray too to make it work.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    thanks for that - I am going to try to source a stiffer tray for now (maybe a thule V2?) but will definately go through you guys when i am ready to purchase

let me know if you find something....we have a bunch of spare parts here for yakima, thule and rocky mounts.... even an old v2 tray!