mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Good job! Kuat NV Core / Cracks & Racks

Just ordered a Kuat NV Core for my '08 Honda Element. Spoke with Scott from Cracks & Racks, a pleasure to deal with, answered all my questions, very helpful dude. The ordering process was a breeze, great CS. Now just wait for the rack to show up and I'll be posting some pics!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    If it's anything like my experience it will be really quick! Scott was great to work with.

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    Why did you choose the Core over the Sherpa?

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    Enjoy your NV. It's a beast of a rack. Mine is 3 years old and has been rear ended twice (neither time very hard) and is still going strong. Kuat hooked me up with a part that got broken, no charge! Fantastic racks, fantastic customer service.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Chose the NV Core over the Sherpa because of it's ability to carry longer wheelbase bikes (44.5 vs 48) and also because reading some reviews and prior experiences (I had a Kuat Alpha) the paint finish doesn't hold up very well. The product itself, at least the Alpha, is great (also their CS), that's why I'm sticking with Kuat. Hopefully the powder coat finish on the NV Core is better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just received my Kuat NV Core. I placed the order on Monday and received it Wednesday, BIG thanks to Scott at Cracks & Racks. Once again, everything went very smooth, great CS, quick turnaround. Bottom line, Cracks & Racks=Highly Recommended.

Well, took me about 30-45 min. to put it together. Slick looking black powder coat finish (let's see how it holds up), pretty good clearance between both bikes, there's no interference at all and pretty easy to operate (I know, it's not a space shuttle ) Took it for a test drive around my neighborhood with both, my wife's Myka and my Scott Spark 29 Elite. After rolling over some bumps I must say that at least looking through the rear view mirror, the rack looks/feel solid. Coming form a hanging type rack, also a Kuat, the Alpha, this is a BIG difference, at least during the test drive, I found myself more at ease and not worrying so much about the bikes than when on the hanging type. Minor sway of the bikes, I guess there has to be some and minimal bounce when going over rough road, bumps. One thing that I notice and again, only had it for couple of hours, but I was never sold on Kuat's hand-tight cam system (on the Alpha), it felt like you always could tight it some more but also that it was about to brake because of the pressure applied. That's why I went with the NV Core's regular bolt-in hitch pin vs the Sherpa hand-tight cam system and so far I like it better. Pics to follow soon.