Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jeep thread

rides with camera

The Jeep thread

I couldn`t find any Jeep threads so thought I`d start one . I just bought a TJ and can`t get over how much fun it is ! Oh dear ! I just went from car hater to.......um well , Jeep lover

What hitch racks would anyone recommend ? Or is a hitch rack the wrong way to go ? A friend of mine had a roof rack on his Wrangler but the height seemed like a pain for mounting , dismounting . What if you put on the soft top in the summer ? Decisions .........Decisions .....

Post up your jeep pictures ! Whatever it may be ,Cherokee , Patriot , anyone got any old CJ`s ? Show off your bikes too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Jeep thread-001-5.jpg  

Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

mtbr member
    My baby

mtbr member
    Sold mine last year but still miss it. If it would have had a hemi I would have kept it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Jeep not running at the moment, but should be good to go in 4 weeks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Another guy getting back into riding after 12 years....I guess the Jeep/Bike thread will get me to post...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ^^^
    Love the way you mounted the bike with the Wrangler. Looking good...

I now mount via the Hitch, using a T2. Don't have any new pics as of lately.

mtbr member
    Loving the Jeeps! I may be a Subaru fan, but I have a lot of respect for the Jeep brand!

You guys have more pics of the Jeeps and MTBs dirty?? Would be nice to see both of them muddied up

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AWDfreak
    Loving the Jeeps! I may be a Subaru fan, but I have a lot of respect for the Jeep brand!

You guys have more pics of the Jeeps and MTBs dirty?? Would be nice to see both of them muddied up
    I hate mud ...lol.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Bikes go in the back!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MatthewBaker; 10-19-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Forgot Picture!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I see three jeeps... what are those other roundish boxes?

Wait for me!

My XJ. Long gone but oh how I miss her

mtbr member
    Shuttle

Winter wheels

Fun pic

rides with camera
    Fun pic
    [/QUOTE]

Holy crap ! That thing is crazy !
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

Dirt Huffer
    I dont own a Jeep, yet. But, I do want to do a BRUTE conversion to a Wrangler. Someday...

drinker
    Jan 2004

gotta represent.....

.....the YJ, the ugly duckling of the jeep world. and i half know why, but at the same time, they are cool in their own right.......square headlights and all.

the dogs in it,

the bikes on it(worth more than the heep; of course)

camping last month with a few other friends, and 3 generations, an LJ, ours, and a friends minivan......

and jen having some fun on that trip, complete with swaybar links on, hence being a tripod

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AWDfreak

i would love to take a chance with a jeep wrangler but the feedback i get from people i know that own one tell me to be prepared to empty your wallet out. any truth to this?
    i'm in the market for something used but i'm not sure what i want yet. i need something reliable, good on gas, and problem free.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Its a JEEP thing.....its more of a gotta upgrade than a breakdown issue. Yes, you will have some mechanical things to repair depending on age...but you will empty your pockets when the bug hits you...lift it higher, bigger tire...etc, etc, wash, rinse, repeat.

Ive got over 120k on my 2002 Tj....have had to replace the radiator, fan clutch and fan(my choice) and battery (my choice) when I got the winch. Other than that...its all been modifications that lead to more modifications....

drinker
    Jan 2004
    i only wanted to do the 2" lift, simpler (brakelines and steering are fine with stock), and my wife is short. add to that i don't want to go to 35's. i MAY go to a 31, but don't know. bigger=more stress on the engine and axles, which means more troubles.......

i might add a locker to the rear when we move, and a winch (got the hi-lift "just in case" now, but the idea of using that as a winch is scary)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    This is my baby. I picked it up a few years ago and have been building it up ever since.
    A few pics from last weekend on a trip to Coopers Rock, WV.

And the reason I really like it. Granted I get crummy gas mileage, but sometimes it makes it worth it. This was a camping trip to Rothrock State Park last February, in the middle of that blizzard.

Single Speed Junkie
    Was thinking of selling the old Cherokee after 12 years. The suspension was tired and needed work, but other than that it has been reliable. After checking out several replacements it was decided that fixing the Jeep we had would be less expensive. Here is a before and after photo over the past week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Jeep thread-2010-10-11-09-13-19.jpg  

The Jeep thread-2010-10-15-09-21-03.jpg  

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I like it crux. How much lift did you go with? 3"?

mtbr member
    I've had a dozen or so in the past 10 years. I do all my own work including cages, axle builds, etc. Just sold off all but 3 of 'em.

Here's my beater. B&M'd TH400, I built a custom front suspension, welded the rear diff, rebuilt everything else.

My 4-banger. 30-spline alloy axles, E-lockers, AX-15 5-speed swapped in, 3/4-ton build w/ 32-spline output on the NP231, etc.

My favorite. DOHC Shortstar 3.5L, SM420, 32-spline D300, 9-inch axles F&R.

Sold the CJ-6 a couple years ago and the M-715 only a month ago. These were two of my all-time faves next to my '53 Willys. I put an NV3550 behind the Buick 225 and a Teraflex T-Locker in the rear. Power steering conversion, I built the cage, onboard air, welder, etc. Otherwise it was close to stock. I did the cage in the M-715, 390hp Chevy 350, Ranger Overdrive, SM465, Atlas T-case, Detroit in the rear, way more.

My XJ. 9-inch F&R axles with 4.88s and Truetracs, 3-link long arm front, and so on.

'68 J2000: Injected 4.0L, NV3550, Dodge NP208, Dodge D44 front with Truetrac, J-truck D44 rear w/ Truetrac, 4.5 gears, 4-inch lift.
    Last edited by Garagemonkey; 10-31-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Pisgah-Pale-Alien
    In the process of restoring the same Jeep I drove as a kid. It's a '63 CJ3B that I had in high school and my dad kept it in a barn ever since (30yrs). Short of doing a complete frame-off restoration, I'm doing just the basics to get it on the road ASAP to be my trailhead vehicle before the weather here turns too cold. Of course the more I try to fix, the more I find that needs fixing, but here's my progress so far from bring it home two months ago to where it is now. I go back and forth from body work to mechcanical as parts come in.

Last edited by FatTireGoose; 11-01-2010 at 08:29 PM.

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by 94M400
    I like it crux. How much lift did you go with? 3"?
    Went with a 3.5" rubicon kit. Rides much better than it did with busted shocks & springs.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast