mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Inside SUV Transport - 15mm qr

I have 2009 Nissan Xterra and was looking at options for inside bike transport. I usually just put whatever bike I am riding in the back and lay it flat. However, lately, iIhave been finding that I have been carrying multiple bikes (the right tool for the right job i.e. road and mountain when on vacation). For this I bought a Saris bones that works great.

Now the dilemma. I just threw down serious coin on my next bike, a Santa Cruz Tallboy LT carbon, pimped out. And, my other bikes are also pretty expensive. I really want to transport them inside and use the bones as a last option if I need the space. So, I am was looking at this:

http://www.saris.com/en/bike-racks/v...&category_id=9

The only problem is that Tallboy LTc has a 15mm qr fork that will not work on this rack. I saw some aftermarket adapters that can be used with the standard 9mm qr. I wanted to hear from you guys if you have any other options when storing inside an SUV. I can't believe that there isn't a 15mm qr that can actually fit on this tray, especially with so many bikes that have them now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Rocky Mounts DriveShaft is a 15/20mm fork mount.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbikerTi View Post
    Rocky Mounts DriveShaft is a 15/20mm fork mount.
    That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! My Google Fu blows.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Better yet....Hurricane Fork Up. We have in the works a multi adjustable rack that is designed to fit inside an suv or inside a truck bed, with 15mm direct mounts.
    Hurricane Components

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Was looking for this as well. Currently have two cheap universal bike mounts screwed into a 2x4 for standard axle. Works great, no problems with bikes moving for 4 years. Now switched to 15mm thru axle and found this - Evo Fork Mount Truck Bed Bicycle Carrier on Amazon. Can be screwed into 2x4 exact same way. Much cheaper alternative,

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbikerTi View Post
    Rocky Mounts DriveShaft[/url] is a 15/20mm fork mount.
    Thank you for posting this is exactly what I was looking for.