Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by btadlock
    at the top of Monarch Pass, on the way back from the bi-annual trip to Crested Butte.
    Nice toad!

We've thought about one, but haven't taken the plunge yet. We'd have to buy another vehicle as neither of our cars is suitable. The thought of built in shuttling capability is very enticing!

Wandering, but not lost
    Jan 2004
    A friend's RV low rider.

lowridrnel.jpg

Got Mojo?
    72 Winnie Indian

aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMojo
    72 Winnie Indian

Ahhh...the memories.

My first RV was a '72 Winney Brave....if those walls could talk.....

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    This has a slideout for the couch/divan and three popouts (one in front and one on each side towards the rear) so we can sleep a lot of people (easily 10 or 11 if I convert the couch and dinette ) or each have our own very private popout .

The tow vehicle (454ci 3/4 ton 4-wheel drive) rarely sees any use other than to tow the trailer.

The thing I have grown to love most: Having a bathroom inside so I don't have to roam in the middle of the night to take care of business. I'd like to add a receiver to the rear of it so I could use my receiver rack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jeffj; 01-05-2007 at 06:53 PM.

mtbr member

Underpowered tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    Proudly holding up traffic all over Colorado...

"Basecamp."
    Yeah, a lack of horsepower can be a real pain sometimes. On this particular trip I had a number of encounters with irate motorists who didn't understand the difficulties one encounters while hauling a few thousand pounds over a mountain pass after an inadequate breakfast. Next time I'll fuel up on something besides Cheerios and perhaps I'll take along a Clif bar or two

=========
    Nationwide
    • File Type: jpg rv.jpg (56.3 KB, 3907 views)
    owner/raconteur at fat-bike.com

mtbr member
    Yeah, thats Zion. The pics probably 5 years old lol.
    Floridas Other Crazy White Guy....http://www.swampclub.org/smf/index.php

mtbr member
    My wife had a cab over camper on her 85 Dodge pickup when I met her. We upgraded that to a used (barely) pop up trailer. After a few years with the pop up we thought about putting an air conditioner on it. We had several hot trips to Moab and other places. Once we found out that it would cost about $1000 to add AC to we figured we should just look at a fancier trailer.

We ended up with a 24' Jayco Eagle towed by my 2004 F250 diesel. We're happy with this setup and don't want to go any bigger. With the cost of hotels and meals I think the camper option can pay for itself pretty quickly if you take a lot of trips.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Here's our rig...

Hey all,
    My wife and I picked up a 25ft Jayco TT last year and have had a major blast.... I didn't think I'd be the trailer type of guy, but we've had so much fun.... Here's a couple pics from last summer up here in Washington.... Check out the bald eagle we saw while riding...
    Craig- Redline

mtbr member extraordinair
    Here is my road tripper...

Tons of room in the opened pop-up, but the convienence of not having to set it up would sure be nice!
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!

mtbr member

I want something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot
    Bigfoot

Humboldt County, it's way the %$#@ up there, but worth it!
    I have been lusting after something just like that for the last few months. I'm sure it's in the future for my wife and I and dogs. I drive a tacoma, too, so the small size camper is just what we want. I've never thought about our cats (x2), but it looks like someone on this thread camps with them. I guess i'll have to get one and find out.

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by ewarnerusa
    I want something like that
    You should check out a Casita. While they are expensive for their size, they are light/easy to pull, high quality, and retain their resale value.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

mtbr member

Buying a lil fiberglass egg.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMojo
    You should check out a Casita. While they are expensive for their size, they are light/easy to pull, high quality, and retain their resale value.
    We've found that new trailers of this type start at about $13,000. Casita is a big name, so is Bigfoot (really!) and Escape, the latter two being Canadian, eh.

Used prices are surprisingly affordable. You can find 'em for less than the price of an upscale new mountain bike, especially if you don't mind having a vintage model like ours. Funny, my Cannondale on the hitch rack in the original photo at the start of this thread is worth about double what we paid for our trailer! There have been recent E-Bay sales of ready-to-roll trailers in good condition for $3000 or even less. A good source for info is www.fiberglassrv.com, this site is devoted strictly to these lil lightweight wonders.

Bigfoot
    Last edited by Bigfoot; 01-07-2007 at 10:15 AM.

mtbr member

Hola Senor Gork!

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Bicycles
    Hey all,
    I didn't think I'd be the trailer type of guy...Craig- Redline
    Hi Gork. Welcome to the world of mountain biking trailer trash

Bigfoot

mtbr member

Interior photos

Quote Originally Posted by pahearn
    Bigfoot -- I always wanted a little vintage tralier like the one you have, looks like it's in amazing shape, too. Any pics of the inside?

-pete
    Don't tell Mrs. Bigfoot I posted the middle photo...our trailer hasn't gotten its post-holiday-trip cleaning yet! Here's our kitchen. Cans and such go in the two right upper cabinets, plates, cups, napkins, etc. go in the upper left. Pots and pans, flatware, etc. go in the lower cabinet. The ice-box goes for days on just a block of ice. There's a couple of propane 'fridge models that can fit in there too, but we really can't justify the cost of that upgrage.

The other two pics aren't of our trailer (again, she'd shoot me), but here you see the table/bed combo. We've rarely used the table, we either take our meals outside or just sit on the bed.
    Last edited by Bigfoot; 01-07-2007 at 10:46 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ewarnerusa
    I have been lusting after something just like that for the last few months. I'm sure it's in the future for my wife and I and dogs. I drive a tacoma, too, so the small size camper is just what we want. I've never thought about our cats (x2), but it looks like someone on this thread camps with them. I guess i'll have to get one and find out.
    I would also look at the Aliner. Google it. It has a very loyal following.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Like many folks we started with a trailer but we have graduated to a motorhome, Class C first and now a Class A. Having the living quarters in the driving vehicle is great. You can access the fridge and pantry while on the road, passengers can sleep or do whatever they want while in motion, plus the hassles of towing are eliminated. The only time a trailer is an advantage is if you park in one spot for extended periods, which we don't do but some folks might. Otherwise motorhomes are the way to go imo. Very much easier if you have pets too.

Ours is an '88 Coachmen, super clean, that we bought 2 1/2 years ago for under 15k. Good used RVs can be had for very reasonable prices if you know what to look for.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Hey Studpendous Man, could you give some closer pics of that bike rack set up? Can any specs on it? I'm really interested in that.
    Thanks!

Fahrrad fahren

Me 'n the kids

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Don't currently have an RV but I would love to get one. While I love LakeRaven's "Panzerwagon" I would get one of these because it will go with my other hobby http://www.hoseheadsclassifieds.com/...s/DSC00627.JPG They are pretty pricey so I would have to build my own on an older truck chassis.
    "I've never been better .... nor cared less!"

RHRF!

Once you go Big...

Here's my baby - 2001 Alpine Coach - 37 ft., getting ready for a trip to Sedona... and the other pic is from the summer of 2005, in Duck Creek, Utah (near Brian Head).
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! How big is too big???

For those who insist on the biggest and best...

http://www.andersonmobileestates.com/

Imagine returning from a hard day in the saddle to this "little" home away from home. Geez, it's bigger than my house!

Bigfoot

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Smile

I have to ask, approximately where is that old "diamond in the rough" located? I think I have seen it before and just can't remember where. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fred-da-trog
    I'm perfectly happy camping in a tent. My wife is not. We have a 5th wheel that looks like all the others.

I spotted this diamond in the rough at a storage yard.

It's so ugly it's beautiful.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

my rv

79 bus, it's not the size of your boat.... right???

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast