Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tribune View Post
    Where are those pics mosslager? Colorado? Looks awesome...
    Last few shots are the road up to Laurel Lakes in the Mammoth Mtn area, CA.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I've got a 2003 sprinter and I've been building a camper into it for a couple years now. Before that we had a tdi powered vanagons westfalia, and before that my wife and I lived In a21' motorhome for 6.5 years. I'll never be without a motorhome/camper van for the rest of my life!

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade-Runner View Post
    And my new travel trailer: 2011 Keystone Passport 195rd

Towed by my 2008 TRD supercharged Toyota TRD Sport Tacoma
    Nice Ultralite... how's that working out for you? I think that would be OK on the back of my Touareg TDI.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

\m/ \m/
    It's been working great for us.
    13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Heres our trailer. Towed by an 07 Tahoe Was the wifes Idea. My first thought was. We'll never use it. That was a couple of months and 5 trips ago. Incl the 30th Fat Anniversary

[IMG][/IMG]
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    this thread pertains to my interests.

thanks for all the pix and inspiration... still working on the wife...

mtbr member
    We're looking at picking up a small class C.. I think we've narrowed it down to a 2003 Greyhawk, although the brand new Coachmen Freelander 21QB is something to drool over, just crazy expensive...

what's the best place you've all been so far in the RV? We recently moved from VA to OH for work and are looking to explore the west coast more, now that we're 8 hours closer!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    If you moved from VA to OH, I'd still say best bet is WV. I personally like Davis as I can park for 3 days and not have to drive to get to trails.

Out west though, I first decided I wanted my own rv after borrowing my mom's class c for a trip to Moab (from CA at the time). After traveling with either my mom's class c or my own truck camper to camp and ride in Tahoe, Bend, Downieville, Moab, Fruita/grand junction, , golden, St. George, Sedona, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Austin, Asheville/Brevard, Douthat (va), Harrisonburg (VA), rays town lake (pa) and Michaux (pa).... Certainly, my favorite trail riding was Tahoe with the Moab and Fruita/ grand junction area a very close second.

Tahoe (multiple trips) was tough to find a good centralized camp spot that felt like I wasn't camping in a mall parking lot. But im set up to never need to be at a campground...so i prefer free/primitive/dispersed camping. The best camping and trail riding I had was Gooseberry Mesa near St George or Hurricane. 2 consecutive years I was up there just before christmass camped essentially at the trail head and saw only one or two other vehicles up there as the road up can be sketchy in the winter. That is one of the reasons I have a pop up truck camper on a 4x4 pickup ( I can still take hot showers and have heat for a couple of days totally off the grid without towing a trailer). I actually posted a pic of my rig on gooseberry after a light snowfall earlier in this thread.

Anyway, most all of the places I've been, I couldn't ride for more than 2 days without repeating trails unless I was willing to drive. While not as scenic as out west and not as flowy as some other places, Davis, WV has been a good all around compromise. I can ride hard for three consecutive days without feeling like im riding the same stuff, camp for free by the river or pay at a pretty decent state park, ride (pedal) into town for a burrito or pizza and beer...all without driving or being driven anywhere once you get there. Downieville, CA is close in that sense, you just have to get a seat on one of the shuttles...and the riding there is just flat out more amazing than anything I've ridden on the east coast.

Rohloff
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie785 View Post
    what's the best place you've all been so far in the RV? We recently moved from VA to OH for work and are looking to explore the west coast more, now that we're 8 hours closer!
    Moab

Vincit qui patitur
    What we have now:

What we'l have in a couple years along with a enclosed trailer for the Jeep and toys:
    Vincit qui patitur
    2012 GT Karakoram 3.0
    2012 Salsa Spearfish 2
    2014 KONA Process 153
    2013 Giant Defy
    2012 Access TCL

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    No more cold, wet tents for me. We have an Outdoors RV Backcountry 18F trailer. Pull it with an F150 with the 5.3L triton and tow package. Nothing like hot showers, cold beer and a comfy bed after a long day of riding.

Looking forward to trips to Oakridge, McKenzie River, and Bend this summer (from our home base in Hood River).

Resident Curmudgeon
    I've road tripped all over the Southwest with this set up. I love it

inside

Last edited by Buzz Cut; 01-05-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Sweet!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Almost bought one last spring - Mountaineer 31 foot tag along

mtbr member
    RV/MH Hall of Fame - Museum - Library - Conference Center
    If ever you're in Elkhart, Indiana, plan a few hours to see this. Yeah, it's at the top of the geeky scale, but if you're into RVs you'll love it. The older items are the coolest --- Model A pick-up RVs, Mae West's Pierce Arrow and more.
    "Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    If ever you're in Elkhart, Indiana, plan a few hours to see this. Yeah, it's at the top of the geeky scale, but if you're into RVs you'll love it. The older items are the coolest --- Model A pick-up RVs, Mae West's Pierce Arrow and more.
    Mind boggling, I cannot find any Bluebirds that site, am I missing something? The Wanderlodge kicks the crap outta almost every motorhome out there for two at least two decades. They finally went downhill beginning in the 90s, but if someone wants the safest motorhome out there, it's a Wanderlodge.

Here's mine, back in a wild ice storm of Winter 2004:

1979wanderlodgefc33 photo - Six Rivers Rail photos at pbase.com
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

Rohloff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    And if you are in Amarillo check out the RV Museum there.

Jack Sisemore Traveland RV Museum

Rohloff
    Quote Originally Posted by unicrown junkie View Post
    Mind boggling, I cannot find any Bluebirds that site, am I missing something? The Wanderlodge kicks the crap outta almost every motorhome out there for two at least two decades. They finally went downhill beginning in the 90s, but if someone wants the safest motorhome out there, it's a Wanderlodge.

Here's mine, back in a wild ice storm of Winter 2004:

1979wanderlodgefc33 photo - Six Rivers Rail photos at pbase.com
    Nice rig. I don't think Wanderlodge went downhill as much as so many others went uphill and caught up or surpassed them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Here is our Freelander 21QB while at Crater Lake this past October. We spent the last 4 months road tripping around the West and it worked out great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-craterlakesmall.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

My set up (not an RV but it works well for me)

Here's what I'm rollin on my 09' Tacoma. It's an Adventure Trailers Flip-Pac w/3 led lights and 6 12v interior outlets. IBS Dual battery system. Adventure Trailers combo slide w/ Natl. Luna weekender split fridge/freezer and a partner steel 2 burner stove. Adventure trailers composite drawers. The shell weighs 290 lbs. and it deploys and breaks down in about 30 seconds. I love it, and I use it often!!! So I figured I'd show it here as an option for others.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-dscf2257.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by whiskeytown1; 01-31-2013 at 01:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskeytown1 View Post
    Here's what I'm rollin on my 09' Tacoma. It's an Adventure Trailers Flip-Pac w/3 led lights and 6 12v interior outlets. IBS Dual battery system. Adventure Trailers combo slide w/ Natl. Luna weekender split fridge/freezer and a partner steel 2 burner stove. Adventure trailers composite drawers. The shell weighs 290 lbs. and it deploys and breaks down in about 30 seconds. I love it, and I use it often!!! So I figured I'd show it here as an option for others.
    Perfect!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-2012-08-25_12-44-26_942.jpg

How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-2012-08-26_19-44-36_668.jpg

\m/ \m/
    My new rig, 2009 Gulfstream Vista Cruiser Mini. Bought it used last week only has 8,500 on her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-image.jpg  

13' Lynskey M290
    13' Venge Pro Force
    13' Crux Elite
    12' Co-Motion Speedster Tandem

mtbr member
    May 2013

One of the "less" brother's?…"Clue"...

Quote Originally Posted by TunicaTrails View Post
    Ahem, yes, people like Highdell, Msimmons, are the ones I'm referring to. I'm not exactly sure what the heck AscentCanada is talking about, but as I understand it, he's probably one of them too. There's plenty of fools like this around, many more than there are concerned, high-functioning citizens. I'm a little sickened now.

Sean Salach, I've sorted your link up and down:
    United States Energy Usage

I'm not seeing much of any relationship to climate and carbon footprint in the USA. It doesn't matter much in my view. For one thing I freely admit that people around me are wasteful and uncaring ("yee-haw"), but so are reserved Vermonters. Secondly, and most tragically, we're all getting a little warmer because of what we're all doing with coal-burning power plants and auto exhaust, no matter where we live.

I see rankings in carbon footprint (#1 being worst)
    1. Texas
    2. California
    3. Pennsylvania
    4. Ohio
    5. Florida
    6. Indiana
    7. Illinois
    8. New York
    9. Michigan
    10. Louisiana

I see per captia carbon output (#1 being worst):
    1. Vermont
    2. Rhode Island
    3. New York
    4. Idaho
    5. California
    6. Oregon
    7. Connecticut
    8. Washington
    9. Massachusetts
    10. New Jersey
    Number 1 Oil Producer: Texas
    Top 5 in Solar Producer: Texas
    Number 1 Wind Power Producer: Texas
    Second Leading Agricultural State in US: Texas

Don't talk with your mouth full…and don't ever fill your auto with fuel again...

You are clueless like Obama…

Been in the oil industry for 33 yrs, don't like it don't buy it…see how far that gets you down the road...

Everytime one of you treehuggies ask for cleaner fuel, and the Gov't makes ExxonMobil add more additives to create cleaner emissions, DO YOU actually think that those EXTRA additives are paid for out of Exxon's pocket?…NO…the price of fuel goes up at the pump dumbar$e…

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ470 View Post
    Number 1 Oil Producer: Texas
    Top 5 in Solar Producer: Texas
    Number 1 Wind Power Producer: Texas
    Second Leading Agricultural State in US: Texas

Don't talk with your mouth full…and don't ever fill your auto with fuel again...

You are clueless like Obama…

Been in the oil industry for 33 yrs, don't like it don't buy it…see how far that gets you down the road...

Everytime one of you treehuggies ask for cleaner fuel, and the Gov't makes ExxonMobil add more additives to create cleaner emissions, DO YOU actually think that those EXTRA additives are paid for out of Exxon's pocket?…NO…the price of fuel goes up at the pump dumbar$e…
    And here's my 8 mpg uphill or downhill rig: We can carry a Polaris RZR and two Quads or RZR and 4 bikes or 4 Bikes can sleep 10, but usually max 8…136 gallons water…47 gallon fuel tank…90 gallons gray…55 black…15 gallons fuel tank with pump on the Freightliner Sportchassis as well and a 45 gallon water tank for transferring so we can dry camp for weeks in the Desert or Mountains...
    RV - a set on Flickr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-dsc03818_19_20_fused-xl.jpg  

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast