Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Everything about this trailer is awesome....including the price! Yikes!

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    We just put the bikes in our 1979 Wanderlodge, nothing fancy yet. Anyone want to help with my diesel bill?! That Cat 3208T sure likes to drink, I think liquor may be cheaper!
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

mtbr member
    We just bought a vintage teardrop trailer.
    it a usable as is/restoration project
    it a WAWA made in belgium en 1958...

we tried it last weekend at kingdom trails... its great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-wawa-1950.jpg  

How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-wawaron-003.jpg  

How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-wawa-1950_int2.jpg  

How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-kingdom-trails-2011-009.jpg  

expensive cars are a waste of money. Expensive bikes...not so much!

There's no need to fear.

Aliner Expedition

Some great look units out there folks.

I recently picked up an Aliner Expedition. It tows beautifully behind my Tacoma and has plenty of room for 2.

B
    How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-tpm_1773-2-.jpg
    How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-tpm_1624.jpg
    Last edited by Boofhead; 10-14-2011 at 11:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    18' travel trailer just large enough for me, my wife, kid and dogs. I pull with a 2004 Dodge 2500 4X4 diesel, I know its overkill but love the power. Would post picture but can't figure it out right now

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Love our '03 diesel Sprinter LTV. We bought it used and have put 30K miles on it in two years. Perfect getaway/weekend vehicle for my wife and I and our two dogs. Kayaks go on top, bikes go on the back. For biking or kayaking, it's great to have a place to change into our gear. It's got a fridge to keep the food and drinks cold, and a microwave or gas stove to heat something up. It does have a bathroom/shower, but we usually use that for wet clothing and storage and only use the toilet on long trips.

It gets 20 mpg all day long, so we never have second thoughts about how much long distance trips are going to cost us. That and the 26 gallon tank give us lots of distance between fill ups, usually start looking for a station at the 500 mile mark. We've even started using it for weekend errands, it's easy to drive and park and it's a lot roomier for the dogs than the car.

Tigard, Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by mosslager View Post
    2007 Fleetwood Nitrous Hyperlite.... sleeps 8 (3 queens and 2 twins). Only ever me and the GF but its been great. Used primarily for trips to Ocotillo or Glamis with other toys. But its great to be able to go anywhere you want and not need to find a room or worry about it being too cold or windy for a tent.

gets you here

Great pics!
    2011 Salsa Mukluk / 2006 KTM 400 EXC

Stucco Bucket
    I see Mosslager is on MTBR too.
    I tote a 26 front sleeper Toyhauler.
    Works great for moab too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-dsc_1515.jpg  

mtbr member
    We have a 28' triple-bunk trailer with front queen bedroom. Towed by an '06 Chevy 2500hd crew LBZ Duramax. No pics 'cuz it is just an average looking box pulled by a gray truck. There sure are some cool-looking setups on here, though.

It is mostly used for family camping trips -- we have 3 little kids -- which we try to do at least every other weekend from May -- October, with a couple week-longs mixed in. After our first extended camping trip w/ little kids, my wife said she isn't doing that ever again. The trailer was a compromise (I never had interest in one before), and it has worked out very well. It sure is nice to head out without having to worry about weather and keeping the little ones warm and dry for the night.

But it does make a great base for the occasional guys' trip to Moab, too. Yeah, I see the looks from the Subie-driving tent campers when I pull in to Sand Flats w/ the diesel and big trailer. But after a day on Porcupine in 90*, it sure is nice to have a quick shower and sleep in an actual bed, rather than covered in dry sweat and sand on the ground in a tent! Worth the looks and the price of diesel for me. Plus, I can haul 5-6 guys + bikes and gear down for the weekend.
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mosslager View Post
    2007 Fleetwood Nitrous Hyperlite.... sleeps 8 (3 queens and 2 twins). Only ever me and the GF but its been great. Used primarily for trips to Ocotillo or Glamis with other toys. But its great to be able to go anywhere you want and not need to find a room or worry about it being too cold or windy for a tent.

gets you here
    Where are those pics mosslager? Colorado? Looks awesome...
    "The most persistent principles of the universe are accident and error." -Frank Herbert

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thats the Mammoth area

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by avion.nomad View Post
    Too bad about all the anti-RV sentiment. Anyway, this rig works well for us. Sometimes we don't go home for months at a time.Attachment 495269
    That is a great set up! Any interior shots?

Quote Originally Posted by tartosuc View Post
    We just bought a vintage teardrop trailer.
    it a usable as is/restoration project
    it a WAWA made in belgium en 1958...

we tried it last weekend at kingdom trails... its great!
    Never seen one of those before, does the inside pop up for more room?

mtbr member
    We have a 2007 Dodge Sprinter/ Winnebago 24 footer RV. It is a nice 6cyl turbo diesel unit that will sleep 5. This was on a trip to San Diego and my bike was tired so I tied it up in the horse stall to rest.

http://
    Keep The Rubber Side Down

mtbr member

33' Rockwood

The family loves camping if you can still call it that gives me a good excuse to find some new trails now and then.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-100_3741.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Not there yet but the 10 year plan is to get the kids off to college then semi-retire in one of these.

Yes it's an airstream, with a garage. That's what I call a win win.

Wait for me!
    Curious if anyone out there has an 80's "Mini Winnie" style RV. Looking at 20-24' gas models, there are some very good deals to be had. Just wanted some opinions on mileage, what to look out for etc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whoopwhoop View Post
    Curious if anyone out there has an 80's "Mini Winnie" style RV. Looking at 20-24' gas models, there are some very good deals to be had. Just wanted some opinions on mileage, what to look out for etc
    I get about 8mpg in mine. It has a 460 but I don't think ones with smaller engines do much better. People seem to have trouble with the transmissions at over 80k. Other than making sure everything works, check the tires. Replacing 6 of them is pricy.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    my Tacoma, airstream and bikes.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-img00031-20090525-1237.jpg  

How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-img00033-20090525-1238.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lokomonkey View Post
    my Tacoma, airstream and bikes.....
    Too bad that Airstream dropped that model. They only made that for what...one year? I've seen a couple and their owners really liked them.
    An all-in-one cubicle bathroom (toilet, sink, shower) would make that design perfect!

"Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Too bad that Airstream dropped that model. They only made that for what...one year? I've seen a couple and their owners really liked them.
    An all-in-one cubicle bathroom (toilet, sink, shower) would make that design perfect!

not really, I don't want to deal with a toilet when I'm on vacation, and shower it has the connection for the outside shower, which doubles as bike wash...they made that model for 3 years, and turn out the cost was too high for the target group that it was intended.... we love it, is also a toy hauler, and can't beat Airstream craftsmanship or quality

mtbr member
    Just about done building my trailer. Pretty much got tired of packing the truck full of camp gear and not having room for the dogs or extra passengers. Now we can keep it all in the trailer, hookup and go.
    It started off as a rusty old M100 military trailer. The frame and axle were still in good shape so I built a new tub, lid and a rack for the RTT. Also beefed up the frame a bit and made a bumper with a 2" receiver for my bike rack or BBQ stand. Been a fun project, actually building another one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334344922.081345.jpg  

How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334344992.477119.jpg  

How many RV'ers in MTBR-land??-imageuploadedbytapatalk1334345103.632566.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Pop-Up Rules!

Another pop-up camper. Though, ours is smaller and kind of primitive compared to many, it's great. Towing with a mini-suv is easy. I think the ultimate for us would be a a bigger hard-sided pop up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Westy View Post
    Ours is a 2002 VW Eurovan.

Sold the EVWK and bought a Livinlite Quicksilver 10.0 with an 18" longer tongue that standard... works great with the 1upusa rack!

--------------

[WTB} 1987 Cannondale SM800, 20", Pink with airbrushed graphics.

mtbr member
    I forgot about this thread. We just got this monster for the family. I've got 280 watts of solar on the roof to keep the batteries charged and a pure sine wave inverter to power electronics. It's roughing it for sure...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Anyone have a North Shore Rack on their RV?

We just purchased our first 5th wheel trailer this summer and are looking at how we can safely put the bikes on it. The North Shore Racks look very intriguing. Just wanted to know who else might have done this or thought of doing this?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast